Firewall nerf was huge

Frame breaking speeds, there used to be a cap on maximum increased attack speed, like u could only stack a certain amount before you hit max frames. That’s totally gone

The game cant fix that now can they ? so its become a feature

Plus they nerfed the only viable fire spec
Amazons can go in break the cows …Blizzard can burst them inside out
Firewall was adding flavor to the game and keeping things fresh

If the attack speed rating cannot be made like the original then why do you side with the blizzard developers for making the game unfair to other classes .
Lest that could be done was add some equality to casters and bring back firewall damage

Mr damage is now working as intended

1 Like

Allright, boys and girls
i am 42 years old and I even started with D1 hellfire.
i was very addicted to D2 from the very beginning.
Firewall was fun but has allways been completely useless.
Now with this so called bug it was a powerfull skill that made a lot of fun. Was it too strong to compared Blizzard for example?
yes and no at the same time:
it was amazing and overpowered to single targets but crappy AOE wise.
Blizzard for example shines with massive hordes of trash but sucks on bosses.
so firewall was for example a good option on a FO soso for dealing with cold immunes.
Now after “fixing” the supposedly bug FW is useless again.
To draw the big picture:
Does it make sense after a skill was why so ever maybee too strong to now make it useless again?
no ofc not. why?
because the game is 20 yrs old and there was no balancing in the last 17? years.
now its just time for balancing.
So

• was FW too strong?
    maybee yes
  • does it needed some kind of overlooking?
    maybee yes
  • but does it then make sense to make it a garbage skill again?
    ofc not!
  • instead they could have just adjust the synergy skill bonuses or tune down FW itself but just only moderately.
4 Likes

I criticized nothing except you for attacking people with an opinion different then yours. You stated that it’s fine as is, why are u on the forums antagonizing people if you have no issues. Saying that it takes 5 seconds longer… come on, you haven’t tried it pre-patch and you certainly did not try it post-patch.
On players1 Diablo Hell, it took me 3 casts pre-patch (probably could have done 2 and just waited) and anywhere between 7-12 casts now. But I’m going to recheck that. By contrast that’s vs 3-4 Orb casts that kills him.

Putting aside for a minute that you clearly have no basis for saying what you’re saying number wise, you don’t work for the game tuning or code fixing department at blizzard, you don’t know and you can’t possibly know. Hell you can’t even spell properly.

Point being, what does it matter if it was broken? I don’t care if it’s bugged or not, or working as “intended”. What I care about is viability. In the current state of the game post patch there is no viable fire build as of now. How much damage it is “supposed” to do is not an objective “fact”. It is completely relative to how much other spells / builds do. There is a team of people who DETERMINE this. Disagree with the numbers all you want, (you’d be wrong) but that is an actual fact.

There are so many broken builds in the game, e.g. the entire IAS issue its frankly hilarious, and the only real people affected by any of those are the people who play PvP seriously.

This particular damage increase on firewall was hurting nobody and quite frankly could have done with a little down tuning. Well they fixed it and now its doing so little damage it’s not viable anymore, and that’s coming from someone who is actually playing it, and not from some level 10 forum troll saying “everything’s fine”.

all I’m saying is they should take a look at the current damage output relative to other builds.

6 Likes

Well said… I think one could argue that you can look up boss HP and res and do the math on the DPS and figure out how long it should take to kill it, but it is… interesting… that some would jump on a pedestal and wag their finger at people for not doing that (or for not scouring message boards for warnings that a bug that never should have gotten through the first level of internal testing may exist). I had no idea it was bugged when I created my orbwall sorc… I looked for an explanation in the patch notes, but found nothing. DII has always had tons of balance issues. When I quit LoD classic (A long time ago) everyone was running WW barbs and Nova sorcs, So obviously a lot has changed since then, I just assumed the FW damage was one example.

1 Like

Not sure if I missed the changes, just respected to orb fire wall and seem to be very much viable? What change exactly did they do?

After the changes they made made it take no dmg whatsoever so I’m unsure where u think its viable, try a 8 player game or a baalrun 1 player and u will notice. I got +15 all skills +1 fire skills so I’m pretty stacked and still think it sucks now. An example on how little dmg it does is that I kill the bosses faster with orb then fw now. I mean its very hard to hit with so it really has to do huge dmg to be valid and now it doesn’t.

This change made me quit since I’m just tired of all other builds out there (except light infinity but thats almost impossible to get as a family man) and was so happy about something fresh and fun.

Just realized Ive only been playing LT Sorc since getting my infinity, I get now, it’s a lot weaker but it felt the same with infinity on.

I took firewall because I liked the way you could deal backrow damage instantly unlike meteor which I specced out of. Am I to play the game doing research “Hmm, some people think this skill might be too strong or bugged therefore I should not try it”???

The answer is no.

I have +35 FW and it is now about useless on mobs. Just shows they hate us and only cater to Paladins.

While Fire Wall was not specifically mentioned in today’s D2R v2.4 Developer Update Stream, there was a good amount of communication from Adam, Robert, Matthew related to changes to the fire skill tree, specifically Inferno, Blaze, and Hydra.

The changes planned for those fire skills sound great:

• Inferno: player control improvement. Free form casting and better damage scaling.
  • Blaze: free up synergy requirements, damage increased. Run / walk speed buff.
  • Hydra: Remove casting delay. New limitation on max Hydra Count.

These type of changes leave my mind more at ease that you guys are listening to us and taking feedback. Please don’t forget Fire Wall.

To all those Fire or Sorc enthusiasts, let’s play the upcoming PTR and give feedback!

1 Like