"Failed To Join Game" with offline character on PS4

After the latest patch at the end of November, I have two characters that are unplayable. Every time I try, I get the message; “Failed To Join Game.” Both characters are mules for runes. All my other characters load into the game fine, and all my characters are offline. I don’t play online. I’m strictly offline. I don’t care to play with others or trade. They are both the Druid class. I have a lot of runes that I can’t access because of this. Several Gul runes, Mal runes, an Ist rune and a Sur rune. Lucky me to have found a Sur rune, but can’t access it due to that error message when I try to load that character into the game. I did some research and found that a lot of people were having this issue after power outages and game crashes. On PC though. Can’t find anyone having this issue on the PS4 console. I’ve had power outages while playing, but I have my PS4 connected to a UPS system (Uninterrupted Power Supply). So my PS4 isn’t forcefully shut off from the power going out and causing damage to my system or losing game saves and progress. And my game did crash for the first time after the patch. I was playing my main. Multi/Strafe Bowazon. Even after the crash, I was able to load my main back into the game no problems. And all my other characters, including mules, load in fine except the two mules I created for hoarding runes. I couldn’t find a topic for this issue, so I created a new topic about it. Now I’m not going to sit here and bad mouth the team at Blizzard like all these other people, but it would be nice if this issue was looked into and those two characters could be restored so I don’t lose all those runes.

This is all because there is no true off-line single player you paid for an online service not a game that’s why they need to release hardcopies without forced Internet requirements the stupid DRM 30 day check in crap make it a game aging blizzard not some online only trash

I have this problem on many of my characters. Haven’t been able to play them since the patch. I thought it was on characters with a “_” in the name. However, I did get one of those to load.

Just get a refund for this abomination

I have same issues on NS.

I found it is fine if single special characters in name, such as TT_Ama.

But multiple special characters in name, all failed to join the game, such as WH_Helm_A

All happened right after last Friday upgrade.

A blizz mod posted a reply for this issue here:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.