Failed To Join Game - single player offline

After the last update in April, I was asked to rename my single player offline character ‘U_Armour_two’ as the name was no longer allowed. I renamed it to ‘ArmourTwo’, but since doing so, every time I try to start a game with him I get the message ‘failed to join game’. This doesn’t happen with any of my other characters, but is pretty disheartening as it is where i kept my rare high level armour on SSF. Would love to know a workaround to access the character again!

2 Likes

There are a couple of other topics on this. Not sure if Blizzard ever intends to fix this, but I do not know of a workaround. No communication from Blizzard on a lot of things it seems. Just have to wait and see…

1 Like

I have encountered this bug for the first time as well today. Somewhat disheartening as it appears this bug has been around since launch and no comments from blizz regarding a fix.

1 Like

We can only wait, but Blizzard must make it fixed

Well, it hasn’t been around since launch - it was introduced in the first major post-launch patch, then subsequently fixed…and then reintroduced with the latest patch. So at least they’ve acknowledged it in the past, which gives me hope that they’ll fix it…again. That said, I wonder if they’re working a much larger patch to fix lots of other things, hence the delay on a fix for this.

1 Like

I hope they do something about it though. It’s really hit my motivation to play, knowing that my characters may suddenly become unplayable.

This has been my experience. Was an issue after first patch, they pushed out a fix and then broke it again with 2.4 release. I am 2 items from finishing my grail and literally cannot log on to any of my mules. Extremely frustrating.

1 Like

Just downloaded a 1.4gb patch on PS4!...aaaand it didn’t fix the issue……

I just downloaded a patch as well and this is still broken for me as well.

Another patch launched and still this issue isn’t fixed.

The devs need to address this in some way. Either tell us it’s being looked at or tell us that you can’t fix it. Radio silence is unacceptable.

This is why the Diablo fan base has less and less faith in them…

Same on nintendo switch … New patch come and still not fix

Nothing changed in 2.43 patch! Do something please Blizzard. 2 months almost! No any response from u

1 Like

Should the dev team want to recreate my experience, I suggest each one of them sit down, play the game for 200 hours, and then never play those characters again. Then evaluate if this issue deserves some attention.

I know how to fix this. there are multiple options:

1. obviously you have to pay for it. you can buy ps4/ps5 savewizard to resign your saves. you need the expensive advanced mode. obviously this is a quick and easy solution for a rich nerd.(and you can use others saves to make a quick holy grail, imagine that. thats like christmas and birthday alll in one.)

2. you have to jailbreak your system to do option 1 without paying and using save mounter and then resign your saves to a working save name. in most console cases you need a right consolefirmware to do that all.(also in this option you are able to play older version of that game(switching the version), making it probably more fun, as we know every update makes the game worst.)

3. you have a nice friend that has the advanded mode of savewizard subscribed. friendly he can resign your saves within two minutes:)