Expand Runeword Bases for 2.5

Notice that most of the “meta-shifting” changes regarding runewords don’t come mainly from the new runewords (which are welcome!) but mostly by opening some runewords to new bases (Insight for bows is pretty good). I’d love to see runewords like “Black” in swords, polearms, spears or even claws. The same goes for other low and mid level runewords like “Edge” (Why just bows? I’d love to have a Thorns Aura on my Act 5 merc), “Harmony” (could become a staple for nightmare if it was available on melee weapons) “Oath” (on spears and polearms could be really good) or even to “Steel” to ve available on 2 handed weapons. The possibilities are there!

2 Likes

Agreed, expanding runewords to new bases does offer new build opportunities and would love to see Crescent Moon in claws and daggers.

This please. It will make a lot of MA Sins happy little campers. Very few builds can make good use of the runeword. MA Sin is one of the better ones that can.

*It would also be fantastic in Amazon Spears :wink:

1 Like

Blizzard, let’s make MA Sins happy with Crescent Moon Claws.

1 Like

Blizzard, it seems the entire community would support and be excited for expanding Crescent Moon Runeword to claws and daggers. It opens up many possibilities.

2 Likes

Trapsins can use crescent moon already though, often do. This would mainly be thunder claw buff.

I’d like to see insight or plague in a scepter for my cleric paladin build.

2 Likes

Insight in a scepter sounds pretty awesome.

I want crescent moon for my future spearzon!

1 Like

That could be interesting, indeed.

We talking about hypothetical changes that won’t happen? Traps CANNOT get -res from your weapons because they are minions technically. That would be a huge fundamental change in the way the game works mechanically that would break so much more than just trap sins becoming stronger.

Well ok then.

2 Likes

Crescent moon should work on every kind of weapon basically. Just to expand it since its nothing endgame so i guess it shouldnt be restricted.

Like, every mid game runeword should be expanded cuz you need variety early on.

2 Likes

Crescent moon in orbs and wands so light sorcs can dominate even harder plz :+1:

1 Like

Agreed, just expand Cresent Moon to all melee weapons.

1 Like

Blizzard, it seems the entire community would support expanding Crescent Moon Runeword to claws and daggers. Please consider the change before the official release of Patch 2.4.

Why bow/crossbow can’t have Cresent Moon? just expand Cresent Moon to all weapons.

1 Like

Agree, makes sense to me all weapons.

Blizzard, it seems the entire community would support expanding Crescent Moon Runeword to claws and daggers.

C’mon Blizzard, at the very least please consider expanding Crescent Moon to claws and daggers.

1 Like

NGL, I’ll admit I’m biased, but I would love nothing more than crecent moon on a claw, for a DW Claws of thunder build.

2 Likes

Completely agree and hope Blizzard is listening to the feedback!