Error Communicating

Is there a planned fix for this?

Yes. The plan is to wait until enough people get fed up with the game and quit playing. Then the servers can support the remaining player base.

Any fix that requires spending money is dead on arrival. That money is for Kotick and shareholder dividends, not improving customer experience.

1 Like

Nothing official on forums in 5 days, I have around 1,5 hours to try to play daily and 1 of them goes in queue, due to this but now today I won’t be able to play and I have to go take my kid.

It’s 40 EUR in the trash can for the game so far. If it’s not fixed soon, it will be a 40 EUR refund.

Yes. They need to fix the Global Database to handle the cross platform world wide traffic. It keels over under large amounts of data and takes down the game on all platforms for 4-5 hours a day.

The tame creation timer is very much a temp solution to keep the database from crashing.

You can read about it at the top of the forums.

Rate limiting: We are limiting the number of operations to the database around creating and joining games, and we know this is being felt by a lot of you. For example, for those of you doing Pindleskin runs, you’ll be in and out of a game and creating a new one within 20 seconds. In this case, you will be rate limited at a point. When this occurs, the error message will say there is an issue communicating with game servers: this is not an indicator that game servers are down in this particular instance, it just means you have been rate limited to reduce load temporarily on the database, in the interest of keeping the game running. We can assure you this is just mitigation for now–we do not see this as a long-term fix.

There’s nothing tame* about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Darn it… I meant “game”. It is more fun as it is.

Hah. It is not a really vicious game creation timer, but it is certainly not friendly either.

1 Like