-Enemy Resistance is Not Applying to Traps Or Hydras

edit: hotfixed online, update for singleplayer coming later, see red text:

I gave Zombies in the Moor 99 Lightning Resistance. I have 16k Lightning Sentry. No -res equipped, I tickle him and he can outregen me. I put on a charm with -255 enemy light res. I still tickle them and they can outregen me. No other modifications have been made to the Zombie.

Same test as above for Hydras. DarkMaster tested Hydras in the original game and -res applies there, so D2R funked some logic up.

Credits to Zax for figuring out the solution. Both Hydra and the Traps function as minions, so their skills need to be given the -res stat as well. Basically they possess the stat, but their spells arent using them. But that’s not all, they need a passivestate to apply the passivestats that are given to them, so the skills that the sentries/Hydra use need a passivestate as well. The original summoning skill does not need a passivestate.

@ Blizzard, for each Trap skill and Hydra, go to sumskill1/2 (Ignore the .blvl additions in the other sumskills). Those are the skills those minions use. Find that skill in the same file, and give them the .accr functions for the passive pierce that they need as well in the same fashion the summoning skill has, and give the skill a state too. They can all share the same state, as the minion has the state, and each minion will not have more than one. The state simply exists to hold the stats. You could even reuse a current one like Lightning Mastery ‘lightningmastery’, as a trap or Hydra will never have Lightning Mastery themselves. Alternatively, you could just add one new state for them all to share (but if you do this, PLEASE increase the states.txt limit, we’re already near the maximum, modders are down to only a handful of open slots for states).

94 Likes

Just like season two when the sunders didn’t work with traps. :laughing: Hopefully it gets hotfixed by tomorrow.

8 Likes

I have the same problem. Tested on lightning immunes in single player. When broken with sunder or infinity -res did not apply from cresent moon, self wield infinity, etc…

10 Likes

What do they have written in passive columns of skill.txt for traps

1 Like

I’m also noticing no additional damage from crescent moon while playing with my trapsin on SP. My hoto setup is doing far more damage than CM.

7 Likes

Why Am I not surprised it doesn’t work :’)

2 Likes

Bump, very impoertant topic. Some people wanted to start ladder with trapsin due to this buff and it doesnt work. Cmon.

9 Likes

-res for fire also doesn’t work. I also am seeing that the game is reporting the -res wrong in the advanced stats when I have a flickering flame and phoenix. It reports -15 fire res when it should be -43

5 Likes

Repair it! Its a shame!

1 Like

I dont understand how they did not check if it even works, you can test it in 3 minutes and clearly see its not.

3 Likes

This is usually why we have a PTR but they fail to deliver the changes to a PTR once again and just send it with hopes of it working.

5 Likes

I wish they’d test stuff like this on the PTR. I was going to switch things up and start as a trap assassin for the reset… Hopefully they see this and hotfix it quickly.

7 Likes

I have tested this with Cresent Moon and Griffons. I too can confirm that -% Enemy resistance is not applying to traps. Please get this fixed as this is my main purpose for playing S3!

3 Likes

Darn. I was interested in starting a Trapsin as well this ladder. Knowing Blizzard, they won’t do anything about it until Season 4, maybe.

Remember what happened with the Strafe skill for Amazon. It’s a crying shame. They didn’t hotfix THAT error mid-season… It finally hopefully maybe got fixed this season.

It’s weird too, how are they saying they changed/fixed these things, then they don’t work when the players test them? Are they just going in and changing a few values that they THINK will work and not testing the results after making the changes? Did they throw the scientific method completely out of the window?

:man_facepalming: :disappointed:

4 Likes

Wonder if they are gonna hot fix it or just ignore it

2 Likes

I finally wanted to main an Assassin (never play them anymore), and this was maybe the only build I wanted to make at a minimum this season! Let’s get this fixed!!

2 Likes

turns out -res doesnt work for hydras either lol, updated the original post

5 Likes

At least it is all documented and surfaced - question is how fast a hotfix is deployed. Probably more likely that we see it post launch I would presume.

Come on Blizzard. You still have 6 hours to Hotfix that. There’s no reason to have bugged -res on a ladder start when it was reported at the beginning of the PTR.

I can confirm Kabryxis’s findings, I tested by setting zombies to 99 fire resist in monstats.txt (I also set their DamageRegen to 0 to prevent them from regenerating) and gave myself a -200% enemy fire resistance charm.

I tested with Fireball and Hydra, both with and without the charm. Fireball worked as expected, dealing nearly no damage without the charm and easily killing the zombie with the charm.

Hydra dealt nearly no damage without the charm and still dealt nearly no damage even with the charm.

I also performed this exact same test in 1.13c of original D2 and -enemy fire resist% did work properly with Hydra, dealing nearly no damage without the charm and easily killing the zombie with the charm.