Enemy health bar invisible to colourblind even with colourblind settings

Hi, I’m a severe protan colourblind. I can’t see enemy health bar at all in Diablo 2 resurrected on switch. I have no idea what the enemy’s current health is and this severely impacts my gaming experience, especially during boss fights.

My friend that is not colourblind mentioned that it’s hard for them too see as well.

If possible do you think the game could possibly implement enemy health bar colour change? Blue will be a great colour for colourblind if customisation is not possible.

Thanks for your time

Kind regards,

Jimmy Lin

10 Likes

I can’t see them either and I’m a cold spec and the immunes are also hard to see it’s so frustrating. Almost game breaking. Def need a fix maybe make the background of the health bar diff or the actual health itself

You used to be able to get blue health bars with -altcolor in the target line and I could see well that way. I really wish they kept that feature.

The colourblind option didn’t help at all :frowning: If anything, only made it worse lol

I play PC and its not you, its the UI for controllers.

When in KB/M mode I can see them all fine. When I switch to controller they change and its like a very dark red ontop of a black. Its impossible to see. Even if I squint and lean over point blank I can’t make them out.

That part of the UI needs a redesign or more customization options. We can’t see it and a lot of us are middle aged and in glasses. Help us out Blizzard.

3 Likes

This needs fixing immediately! Even on colorblind mode, the color of the health bar is too close to black to see it get lower. How this made it out of QA is beyond me.

You are dumb you need to health bars for some character to see if they are hitting the Target duh.

you are missing the point

I have the same experience. On PC with mouse keyboard I can see the health at - it’s not as clearly defined as it was in the original D2 but I can at least see it.

Using a game pad or playing on Switch is impossible to see the health bars. I’m colorblind and none of the filters really help. It makes any boss fights especially difficult and Hell is particularly challenging with monsters having such high health pools. It’d be nice if the contrast was increased or if you could toggle the colors/contrast.

I’m the same way, I thought it was just me.

I’m having the exact same issue. Can sadly not play with a controller since I can’t see the health bar of the bosses :(.

I am sorry for you but it will probably wont change. They just dont care. There are some color settings for this issue but clearly they are not enough. And since people who are affected by this issue is very small number - they will not implement any more functions or ability to change colors by user.
It reminds me how CP2077 there was a introduction to braindance with squence of flashes that gave some people epilepsy - but there has been no warrning about this in the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, the color blind mode in this game is one of the most ridiculous I’ve seen. It’s the most fleshed-out and least effective color blind modes.

1 Like

What was the point of your comment here?

I play on Ps5 HDR on OLED TV and I can’t see them either.

1 Like

Also maybe your T.V. bc I just got new one and now see the health “check your T.V.”

1 Like

Same here, the health bars are basically useless on Switch hendheld mode. Same goes for the 1 pixel resistance icons and if I think about it, the description texts of the enemy properties. That one flickers on and off all the time when battling bigger groups of Satan’s minions, because selected enemy changes all the time.

1 Like

Bumping this. This is still a problem on all versions of the game. Consoles and PC. We can’t see the HPs when using controllers. Dark red on black is bad design.

3 Likes

Bumping, it’s reeeeeeeaaaaallly annoying with controller :open_mouth: I think it’s take half an hour to fix it no ?

Hi, we just need the possibility to custom color of ennemy’health bar.

This do not seems to complicated to do ?

1 Like