Elephant in the room: Fire Immune mobs

Yes I get it, any monster that was previously immune to a certain element shouldn’t be pushovers.

I completely understand the sudden changes they have made to Sunder charms and how they work.

The issue is, however, we’re back at where we have started. Wasn’t these charms supposed to open build diversity? An increase of 0 damage to about 25% damage(with facets and gear) isn’t enticing enough to farm “all” areas.

In the end, most will probably go back farming areas which are more optimized for their damage element where they can potentially double their output.

11 Likes

Same for example: Fire Druid, Trapsin, and many others. Especially in Hardcore. Bad change.

It’s still very stale and nothing really changed.

When this Season dies in 2 weeks like Season 1, Blizzard will have to start taking more drastic risks and implement bigger changes.

But hey let’s be positive the silver lining is if you go Non-Ladder, you lose nothing! Not worth to start over to be honest.

6 Likes

Its quite a lot of damage with sunder charms.

95 - 17(infinity) - 15(flickering flame) -28(phoenix) -20(jeweler’s armour)

Gets them down to 15 fire res.

Given fire skills have pretty good damage, I think they will fare just fine.

8 Likes

Have you tried it yet or you just think you know how itll be… right.

1 Like

Huh? Infi breaks and reduce by 1/5 effectiveness but i can still farm alot of places even without crescent moon or griffs.

With sunders i’d expect to be able to do similar with fire and even more so with cold sorc now.

1 Like

This is a bad and inefficient build especially in Hardcore.

3 Likes

This about it this way:

You get Race car with a speed of 100units/time.

With a few modifications, you can increase it speed my 15, 20, 50, 95%

BUT there’s a problem! it can only go STRAIGHT!

With some expensive modifications, you can drive the turns at, 5% speed (5units/time)

Add another expensive mod brings your speed 22% ( 22 units/time)

Fast forward with all the major mods; Dual Phoenix Suspension, Infinity Shockabsorbers, Sunder Steering wheel: your car can finally drive the turns with only a 5% penalty.

GOOD huh?

Well you go to the track and find out its practically FULL OF TURNS!

My gut tells me its much better to run the StonyTomb Highway straights over and over and over again…

Bad comparison.

Shall I counter with a bad comparison too?

You have a racing car. You couldn’t go off-road with it.

Now they made a trail and you can drive very slowly on that trail. With some modifications you can go faster but still not as fast as on the racing track or the highway.

Fire sorcs deal a lot of damage in rapid succession. Even 50% are more than enough to clear content.

The change is good.

2 Likes

Haha, yea meta gear looks real good for Fire sorc XD

This .

20 characters .

The Sunder charms were not meant to make everything in the game completely decimated by any build. They were meant to open up the viability of any build in any area with the correct gear. For example, let’s go with a fire claw druid. If you have +10 skills, and put 20 levels in fire claws and 20 in fire storm, it deals about 6,400 damage. Now if an non-elite enemy isn’t immune to fire it will normally kill them in 2 to 4 hits. So, let’s say we want to start farming with this build against fire immunes.

Well, the sunder charm brings them down to 95%. Add Flickering Flame -15% and let’s say one other item, infinity on the merc, or pheonix, or jam 6 -3 to 4% fire facets into a crystal sword. Not all of that, but one of the above +flickering flame. So, let’s go with the crystal sword and say we have 4 -3% and 2 -4% for -20% total. So, with 20% +15% from flickering flame we have -35% and 95% - 35% leaves the enemy at 60% fire resist. So, fire claws will deal them roughly 2400 damage per hit when they are normally fire immune. Is this going to melt them no. But, it means you can kill them with fire it might just take twice as many hits which is why they were immune to fire in the first place.

4 Likes

first this means glass canon build and a naked cold sorc do:
95-150 with CM = -55%
totally unfair

2 Likes

Yep, it still leaves fire behind the other elements due to the sheer amount of fire immunes in hell. These monsters will still take longer to kill. They need to adjust the amount of fire immunes in hell if they’re going to keep this change.

2 Likes

Yep, fire sorcs have very high DPS, with immunities no longer being a hard brick wall now, they will still steamroll. Even venom lords in chaos get 1 shot by fireball now.

1 Like

The dumb thing about these changes is these nerfs were needed for sorceresses but hurt non-sorceress builds, especially trapsins which don’t benefit from minus enemy resist gear.

Targetted nerfs were always the solution.

6 Likes

They give you guys an inch and now you want a mile. You’re just not going to be happy til you can just spam fireballs on everything in the game. >.>

Synergies are the real elephant in the room, but apparently it’s an invisible elephant. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Enticing enough for me, and all others who don’t have infinity and are not human bots.

Perhaps should be asking for that to be fixed for all such skills.

Lmao the charms never created any diversity. You’ll be using the same builds but just kill immunes slightly faster. Even with the nerf it’s still braindead design. Nobody put any real thought into Sunder Charms which is why you’re seeing tons of last minute revisions to their design :woman_facepalming:t6::woman_facepalming:t6::woman_facepalming:t6:

The “diversity” thing was an illusion. If you put even a little bit of thought into it you can see that build diversity is unaffected

3 Likes

Amen!

Funny most of the comments above mainly focusing on Fire Sorc.

There are some other Fire build which the Sunders would have made viable:

1. Dual Dragon / Hoj Paladin - super strong and fun to play, but practically limited to cow farming
  2. Wake of Fire Trappers
  3. Elemental fire Druids
  4. Fire Bowadins - very niche but is a solid build for cows, and cows only
  5. Enchantress Sorc with Act1 Bow Merc
2 Likes