Druid getting crushed by Diablo - normal

yeah, it’s embarrassing, but i’m gonna ask for help anyway.

Just started, picked Druid for my first character. That’s looking like it was not the best decision.

So… my problem is damage. i think i may be too evenly split between werewolf and summons.

i’m still in normal and river of flame/diablo is just nuking me. summons get one-shot, i get one-shot, by diablo. mobs take forever to kill and all the while i’m just burning through pots (how the heck do i get some mana regen ??).

I’ve figured out my Diablo death problem, it seems that I should have better than 0 fire resist and 6% lighting resist.

However, i know i need to respec, but if i burn my respec from act I, and do it wrong, then i think i’m screwed (right?). So i’m looking for some sort of leveling help. I have found lots of end game build guides but figuring out how to get my Druid and summons to push out some better damage is eluding me.

Any advice/pointers appreciated.

Thanks !

when you fight Diablo in normal you should be at least around level 25, if you are lower just farm more in act 3.

in normal werewolf sucks because melee sucks in general and summons are not that amazing. an elemental build is a lot faster if you just want to speed through the game.

but since you are playing for the first time and want to take your time with the game, a summons druid is fine.
use your respec reward from act one and use the build below.

use the act 2 shops and look for items with a lot of +resists (above 15 or 20), mana and life.
leather type armors should be fine for normal because you don’t want to invest too much in strength, nothing in dex, just ~30 points in mana and everything else in life.

pick-up and identify all “pelt” type helmets because they can provide bonuses to your skills. also pick-up wands and staves because they can provide bonuses to resists and life/mana or you could just sell them for a lot of cash.

while leveling continue to put points into your dire wolves and grizzly until you have 20 in spirit wolves, 20 in dire wolves, 20 in grizzly and 20 in hearth of wolverine.

1 Like

exactly.

your advice was perfect.

I’m sad i can’t play a lycanthrope/summon hybrid, but i figured that i needed narrower specialization so I’m not surprised and I’ll go full summoner. i enjoy summoners so that works well.

I’m also happy that i had at least started to make some inroads into the things you suggested. I’ve been looking for resist gear, and equipping it, and sure enough my last diablo fight went much better, with the exception that the summons were getting absolutely destroyed. Still haven’t beaten him though. LOL. However, I’ll try the respec and see how things go.

I was surprised to see so many points in spirit wolf, the impression i get looking through the forums is that they are fairly weak. Regardless a far more effective point allocation than what i had which was all over the place (i even had 3 points in poison creeper).

Thank you so much for your help.

the spirit wolves are very good in normal and ok in nightmare but they start to become very weak in hell.
but by the time you reach hell you will also have your dire wolves and grizzly to help you. (and you can summon them all)
also, in Nightmare you can buy a mercenary with Might aura, which will make your summons’ damage even better.