Drop Rates from a newcomer

So ive been tyring to get some drops fron Anderiel (ex skin of the vipermagi and SoJ) and i have had barely any luck at all. I know there are buffs for finding magic items but does buff apply to uniques too? Any advice would be appreciated. Been at it for around a day and half and ive had little luck.

Magic find increases the chance an item will roll magic, rare, or unique/set. Higher the MF the better chances that whatever drops will have a higher chance of being unique.

At roughly 150% MF you have 100% increased chance it rolls a unique version.

Think of it this way, if you needed to roll a d100, if you get 2 or below it’s unique, now it’s 4 or below. Now it will roll to see if it’s unique, if it fails it will roll for rare, if it fails it will roll magic and if that fails it will roll basic.

From what I recall.

1 Like

Just gotta keep at her. Some every day. Get bored? Farm something else. You can farm anywhere really it’s not just farming one or two bosses a million times either.

Some of the best stuff literally just randomly playing through part of the game not a boss.

Skin of the magi is a pretty easy one off Andy or meph, but soj is very very rare. You might farm weeks or months before seeing it.
I’ve found a couple in 10+ years playing it’s not a common ring

1 Like

I just found my first Stone of Jordan in one of my last sessions. I have been playing D2 since 2000. It was one of the most odd things, I just shacked it up to something like a Griffon’s Eye. Just not happening for me, but one day. Anyways, yea, just got my very first Stone of Jordan… ever. I have found many, many, high runes on the other hand and 4x perfect Mara’s. Banking on that one item will always yield frustration, or a BK ring instead! lol

Keep having at it man, one day! I found mine in Travincal. My brother found I think 3 or 4 from Infector of Souls in Hell Chaos. Just throwing it out there in case curious

Skin of Vipermagi though, that should def drop sooner or later. I had a bunch I just threw on the ground, if I have an extra I’ll return to this thread and donate.

3 Likes

Just take it easy and enjoy it. Kill as much as you can along the way.

I have really been enjoying keeping track of my runs on a pad and paper with tick marks. Helps keep me focused and motivated and lets me determine more objectively how lucky or unlucky I am.

i can’t even count the amount of sojs i’ve found, has to be at least 100-200… i’ve played way more than your average player though…

Hey check my guide, it might help to get some answers

Yes. In fact, that is the only valuable thing about the magic find stat (currently) :frowning_face:.

If you want to find it yourself, keep at it.
I too have 1 I can donate if you want to go that route… will be back on after work, about 12hrs from now.
2:30ish AZ

Welcome to Hell. 20 years no Soj 4 me. Don’t be discouraged I’ve found plenty of wealth and traded for sojs but NO SOJ FOR ME. GOOD DAY SIR.