Does the new version have the resistance penalty of the original?

In the original “Battle Chest” the game gave a penalty to resistances for nightmare and hell difficulty games. Is this the case for ‘Resurrected’ as well?

Obviously, yes. Why wouldn’t it?

1 Like

That’s too bad. Do they do that in the games Diablo 3 or 4 as well? It would be nice if that particular feature could be turned off.

Nope, the difficulty system is completely different in D3. I don’t know about D4 since the game isn’t out yet but I don’t think they’ll go for that sytem either.

Has anybody created any mods that remove the resistance penalties for either the classic Diablo 2 or the remake? Would such a mod even be possible?

What would be the point then? May as well just play normal…

But don’t you have to play on nightmare or hell difficulties to get the better loot drops?

Mitigate

:grinning:.

Yes, which you can use to stack more res and deal with the debuff. That’s such an easy thing to deal with I don’t think anyone has ever bothered to mod that out. By the time you get to NM you’ll already have a free Ancient’s Pledge to jump start you on that.

I think the concern is monster resistances.

He said “penalty” on resistances, AKA, the debuff you take when you play on NM and hell

I stand corrected.

I suffered a case of not listening, instead assuming - immunities - when someone complains about resistances.