Does sunder charm changes effect conviction when you are not using sunder charm?

Is conviction or lower resist effected while you are not using sunder charm?

Or does this only effect immunity in mobs removed by sunder charm?

What?

What do you mean?

Assuming Convic from Infinity.

Sunder Charm not in your inventory.
Monster is immune.
Conviction removes 17%

Sunder Charm is not in your inventory.
Monster is not immune.
Conviction removes 85%

Sunder Charm in your inventory.
Monster is immune.
Effect Sunder puts res at 95 and Conviction removes 17% (sets it to 78%).

Sunder Charm in your inventory.
Monster is not immune.
Effect Sunder does nothing and Conviction removes 85%

3 Likes

Oh i see. Thx for answering my question. Thought conviction was just nerfed with or without sunder charm

In my understanding as the game sits before sunder charms come if immunity is broken there already is a 1/5 penalty and without immunity it takes full effect. So the update to sundercharms make them behave the same as infinity when immunity is broken.

Nope, only the interaction with the charm being changed to keep it in check, it basically works the same as before, it just starts at 95 now when a monster is immune and a Sunder Charm present, but will behave as if the monster was immune (1/5th power).

So it’s not really a nerf to Conviction actually, more like a nerf to the charm.

Well, I did have the question about the interaction between Conviction and Lesser Resist.

I thought the way it worked was that if Conviction broke an Immunity, and then you cast Lower Resist on the no longer Immune monster Lower Resist had a full effect instead of the 1/5th effect if cast on an Immune monster.

Was my understanding correct?

If so, will this change break that?