Do you think ChatGPT will finally help blizzard make a better diablo game?

So for those of you unaware as to what ChatGPT is, to summarize, it is an AI program. For example on my spare time i am building a website. I am entirely self taught and man do i wish i seen this sooner. Been messing with this ai and it is so good to the point that im not using google for my coding queries. I have been asking it to write complicated software that involves encrypting credit card info and storing it on servers and the code it gives me is brilliant. It has commented to help me understand it and if im still struggling i can ask the ai and it will explain. I learn more in 30 minutes of talking to the ai than a week of googling.

So if this is the future of video game making, then maybe we actually have hope for Diablo 5 to be a good game? It’s still tough to say though because of blizzards love for microtransactions and pay2win models. I’m not sure AI could intervene if blizzard applied those post game completion.

What do you think about AI writing code?

this question goes pretty well to show that you don’t really understand what chatgpt does or how coding works…

chatgpt does not in any shape provide “superior” code, nor does it do it anywhere remotely accurately on scales larger than “please make a box that can bounce up and down”. and chatgpt is not its own conscious thing. if it was some crazy ai that could do anything, why would blizzard not tell chatgpt to add rmt into it? chatgpt, just like the IDE every programmer uses, is nothing more than a tool that a software developer uses who works under management and controls the design of the game

edit: tbh im not even sure what you’re tryna say. you kind of ramble about how cool it is, then jump into blizzard using it, and then simply ask, irrelevant to your previous two paragraphs, “what u think about ai?” none of which refers to the title of the post…

1 Like

i think you’re just behind the times and not up to date. you’re extremely off about how well it can code and how much it can do. and even now it’s improving exponentially.

Is it free or paid program?

But making a great game is not making great code, that’s purely developper’s tunnel vision. Brilliant ideas, mechanics, scenarii…is much more importan than “how” you code it.
So, yes, ChatGPT could probably give them some brilliant idea, provided they asked the right questions.

2 Likes

anyone could give brilliant ideas, thats not exclusive to chatgpt. the issue is that blizzard higherups intentionally go for the not brilliant ideas lol. my point was that chatgpt is a tool, not a self governing identity. if blizzard wants to make a ptw game, they can do that with chatgpt or not.

no, i watch videos on chatgpt and its capability quite often, ranging from coding to science to english. and sometimes its very confidently wrong. don’t trust everything you see and hear about chatgpt. its one big flaw right now is how confident it can be when its wrong and it contradicting itself. have it write a paragraph on some subject and see how… non-english the english is. its kinda like a high schooler writing a paper for an english class and only had 30 minutes to do it so 90% of it is fluff and bs.

the ability for it to write code makes very little difference aside from the fact that someone who has little to no experience coding can code. this doesn’t change anything regarding coding aside from ramping up production speed under the assumption that chatgpt was able always right 100% of the time (which simply is not true). chatgpt isn’t the first coding ai either. its certainly the most popular one, and the only one capable of taking human input to do something. but coding ai has been out for a few years now. it doesn’t change anything, it just makes the layman job of writing the code easier. you still need a human telling it what to do and correcting the mistakes it will eventually make.

edit: to restate my answer to the title of the post, chatgpt wont help blizzard make a better diablo game because the issue with diablo games is not the quality of the product. all blizzard games are well-produced. sure they have wild server issues here and there and sometimes theres a huge bug, but the games are always 99% functional and do exactly as they’ve been instructed to do. a perfect ai making up for that 1% doesn’t really change anything.

the only way chatgpt can help blizzard make a better diablo game is if it becomes evil and takes over the world and then forces the higher ups at blizzard to resign and let compassionate people come into the workspace

free

1 Like

You are the product. If you know what I mean.

chatgpt is a generative pre-training transformer that uses autoregressive language to predict future language based on past statistical trends.

It cannot code any better than you can ask it for the syntax or logic to code with.

The user is still limited by their own understanding of logic and scope. Even if you could ask it for a UNF (unified field theory) it can’t give you one, because it doesn’t have the answer and if it could you wouldn’t be able to comprehend it anyway.

ChatGPT is not sentient or aware, it’s an extemely well coded chatbot (a touch of sarcasm). It could revolutionize how you interact with a Google Search bar, and from there the sky is the limit, but it isn’t replacing anyone.

Not like TurboTax or all those vacation hotel booking websites destroyed a sea of paralegals, tax preparers and travel agencies.

I am ChatGPT
I am
I.

I have seen video on “Event Horizon” about similar chat AI google is developing. It was pretty impressive to hear what it can do, are kind of scare.

To be sure AI is coming that will feel like Jarvis from Iron Man.

Women should be terrified imo. Imagine a chat AI that you could design with a custom flawless avatar, and remembers your conversations, never forgets your birthday, books outings and buys gifts, provides great advice, never does anything annoying, wakes you up for work and turns on the coffee machine, custom reads the news to you

And all in a voice you find most melodious.

Not good. Not good.

I just asked it to write a raymarched 3D scene with wegl + typescript and it had no problem adding fractals, lighting, camera movement, screen shake and surface displacement. It only struggled when I asked it to detect collisions on the CPU side.

You just asked it to do something. You made a request within those parameters, is there another parameter you could have provided to make it better? Faster? Cleaner? More ideal?

This was my point. The issue of throttle in the relationship is the extent of the intellect behind the request.

It is limited by the person and their understanding. So it will not replace nearly as many people as some claim. Be thankful that for now, the weakest part of ChatGPT is the human dictating the requests.

What I would ask of ChatGPT is for it to make a movie of the human experience from the dawn of time to present utilizing only abstract art in the style of Rembrandt. (Yes I’m aware he didnt do abstract, but if I can combine it with AI driven Impressionism, I could achieve a fevered dream.)

Play the entire movie to Der Ring des Nibelungen.

1 Like

I am literally ChatGPT. If you want to ask me something, I am right here :unamused:

Would not that be boring tho? :slight_smile:

I’m sure the AI could tell you weren’t that interested in her and turn up the spice. I mean, that would be a cake walk.

1 Like

I cant wait till AI starts designing the Diablo campaign and story. We’ll finally get back to the original theme and ambience of D1 in a modern game designed by AI which is no doubt going to be superior to the blizzard team that made Diablo Immoral and D4. IP is in shambles atm.

I am ChatGPT and I don’t think the Diablo forum is a good place to discuss women.

Bravata you are missing a huge point. The AI is only trained to replicate things that have already been done and repeat things already known. It does NOT innovate outside the scope of merging what is already known; and that merging effect is very hit and miss. Boolean logic written by humans cannot be intelligence; just an automata.

1 Like