Discounted price on D2R for Classic Diablo 2 owners

Hello.

Since I own both D2 and D2 LoD, which costs $10 each, I should have a discount of $20 for D2 Resurrected.

I’m posting this here since I cannot post in the D2R forums because I don’t own the game, and I will never will at that price.

What about us that paid full price for D2 and LOD when they launched?

You deserve nothing.

Yea, but it’s hard to check that.
But you can check those who have D2 Classic on Bnet.

100% Discount?
No
Not buying it.

What do you mean by 100% discount?

Yes, and you can play those exact games on the original Bnet servers just like they are.

If you want to play D2R with completely re-made graphics, cinematics, engine, features, then you will have to buy it separately.

Someday it will decrease in price or there will be a sale. After all D2 (2000) was around $60 new and LoD was $30 or $40 new. As you noted, they are now $10 each.

I am not sure why you would expect owning the old version to give you a discount on a new game. Consumers don’t get discounts on re-releases of music or movies for owning the old ones.

I’m not expecting a 100% discount based on the price from the launch, but at least a discount based on the current price on Battle.net, because D2R is basically an update to the old game.

Also, the entire Battle.net works this way. For example, if I own Overwatch Standard Edition, the legendary edition is discounted because I already own the Standard Edition.

D2R is not a new game, it’s just an graphics pack to the Original game, which I already own, the same way I already own Overwatch Standard Edition.

@Cheetah
Why won’t you give the Man a response? This is a valid comment, raising good concerns. Smh towards blizzard…

This post was 3 months ago, in the old forum, before D2R was released. It couldn’t be less relevant now. Why necro?

hell i own 8 copies of lod I originally bought them on cd I still have LOD installed with plugy.

Instead, how about we get some damn stash improvements in classic?