Did find potion synergy to find item make the official patch? EDIT: I think so

There was a hidden synergy not mentioned on the PTR notes between find potion and find item where each point into find potion would give 1% chance to find item.

Does anyone know if this synergy made it to the live 2.4 patch?

I thought it was mentioned in one of the PTR notes. I forgot to check though.

EDIT: If there’s a bonus, it’s still “hidden” in that it doesn’t appear in either tool tip.

1 Like

I might consider testing this out when i get a chance to play and do like 50 runs each. Ive been meaning to respec my trav barb anyway

1 Like

I tried it out today, seemed to be getting more horks off. But i didnt use a scientific method.

2 Likes

Good to know. Ill try and trest it out later tonight when i get off work or tomorrow and post results.

So after some brief testing I think the hidden synergy actually does exist and is likely around 1% per point into find potion.

I just went into a game and killed 103 monsters before and after putting 20 points into find potion and here are the results:

Before: 47/103 success rate of finding an item (~46% which is pretty close to the 51% Find Item percent I was running)

After: 68/103 success rate (~66% which is close to the 70% it would be assuming 20% extra from find potion).

After this I just ran about 20 trav runs and without really keeping count it definitely seems i am getting more drops. I used my GF/MF barb and I also noticed i was filling up with gold much faster which correlates with increased drop rate.

4 Likes

Awesome thanks for testing! After they just added tool tip text to clarify hidden bonuses, like Fade’s physical damage reduction, showing radius on barb cries, etc. I’m kind of disappointed that they would include another hidden bonus and not document it well in the patch notes, but I guess it’s better than no bonus at all!

3 Likes

Its too big of a bonus haha. If it made it to the patch notes, it would be all anyone talks about.

1 Like

I guess blizz trying to be sneaky. Barbs need a buff of some kind anyway so ill take it

3 Likes