Diablo II: Resurrected Patch 2.4 Balance PTR

I used to feel that way but now I disagree. Nothing wrong with having builds do well different things in hell. All builds are viable for boss farming. Fire builds are good for leveling and in the context of group play, cold sorceresses are great early league mf, lightning builds are the best builds all around, but also require ridiculous wealth (infinity, facets, griffin’s). poison necros are cheap to destroy density but poor bosskillers. Having more lvl 85 areas to farm, will give fire and cold builds more options without harming build diversity. You actually kill build diversity by giving a universal way to remove immunities. If that were to happen, then you would basically only choosing the color of your skill, as everything would be equally viable for every task. The only problem as far as I am concerned are hammedins. They are too good too quick, too versatile without much investment. They could use a nerf. Immunities overall though are I think fine. Maybe make some cold immunes more easily breakable.

2 Likes

seems like the bonemancer’s boost is very decent. im actually glad about that. 1-2% synergy damage shouldnt destroy pvp in that terms.

Eh, griffons and facets aren’t even required for lightning builds. You can farm anywhere with just an infinity and basic gear pretty much. That’s the problem. Why should one element be the best all around? You’d still need an infinity to break the immunes for the other elements, so it’s not like it wouldn’t still cost a lot to do the same things as a lightning character. By keeping it this way, you’re killing build diversity and will still see mainly hdins and light based characters in endgame. Build diversity would be increased because I could actually kill things in hell solo with a fire druid for example. What incentive do I have to play it currently when there are so many hard immunities?

Yeah i see more and more posts for druid summoner. We all waited and hoped to just get dmg and life buffs without any changes on how many to summon. Are very poor changes to summoner druid.
Very poor, and i see many ppl asking to reconsider and let us summon all of them, or make bear to cleave in front of it and let us summoner bear with a pack of wolves. Ravens buff are ok but as u said every 2 second we will to stop and cast, cast , cast while necro is the jack of all trades

5 Likes

“Just infinity” is 2 ber runes…most ppl will NEVER see that wealth,

2 Likes

You’re missing the point, what does the cost investment matter if we’re talking the ability for it to break all elemental immunities instead of just lightning? You used the expensiveness of it to justify why a lightning character should steam roll everything. I’m saying you’d have to make the same investment on a cold or fire build for it to work for them also.

1 Like

Same goes for throwing barb build =/. They will still have to go to town every 2 minutes to replenish theirs weapon…

2 Likes

But the ama with no locks on dodge/evade and high range slow missiles now also reducing damage of spells ?
That’s a massive PvP boost for an already strong PvP build.

1 Like

That’s true, I need to add that to my gripes list lol. You’ll run out of throwables so quickly.

1 Like

I don’t have a problem with this update. None of my current class setups will be affected, at all. My Trapsin will be just as OP, as will my Blizzard Sorc, and my Hammerdin. I don’t know where you got the idea I was upset. I was pointing out how silly it was that people were mystified by who made these changes…

2 Likes

thats something to keep in mind. amachanges could mess up pvp a bit. also for lld impale always hitting (is it blockable then?) also the assassin could dominate in lld pvp.
though lvl 12 should still be dominated by chargers. but lvl 9 defintely keep an eye on assassins.

My argument is that different builds are suited for different activities and different phases in the game. If every build could break immunities, then there would be no difference between builds. That’s not build diversity, it’s false choice in the sense that it’s not meaningful.

So instead, we’ll all just use lightning characters and hdins to farm endgame still? So much diversity. And you specifically mentioned the cost of lightning items as why lightning should be able to do it all. Skills would still function differently. Lightning pierces, fireballs do splash damage, armageddon does aoe dmg from the sky. It wouldn’t just be color differences.

5 Likes

Only to indicate that wealth comes LATER, so different phase of the game. Hammerdins may be problematic, I’ve already said that. Low budget pure lightning is atrocious unless you are only doing cows, and that is boring.

I am underwhelmed.

Some potential positives: Insight on Bows allows for better pre-BiS options for Zons but the Bow skills I don’t know if they’ve been buffed enough. Minor % on Guided Arrow doesn’t make up for not being able to Pierce. Removal of Strafe blanket penalty is nice but probably not sufficient. Nothing to Multi Shot.

Removal of Dodge/Avoid conflict with Fend is nice.

New Runewords just generally less useful and less accessible than they should be.

Set upgrading recipes generally useless as their bonuses even with buffs just don’t add up. Especially the weapons. Low or no %ED on set weapons is junk and as such they will largely remain as junk.

No changes to online Uber Diablo. !?!?

3 Likes

2.4 has a lot of small and insignificant changes. Let’s hope 3.0 is in the works.

2 Likes

Fire druid will still be great in Normal, good in Nightmare until act IV and terrible after that thanks to every second monster being fire immune, Volcano being complete crap at doing physical damage and Armageddon not doing what it is supposed to do. Fire druids need more Volcano physical damage, not tweaks to an unreliable skill like Armageddon.

2 Likes

Purists in shambles rn

2 Likes

What kind of changes do you want to see? The casting delay removal is a huge improvement to gameplay in my opinion. I agree that this game could follow in PD2’s footsteps and add new zones with bosses. They did a good job with that Rathma boss.

Yeah, they gave it a few % damage increase via molten boulder synergy, but not nearly enough. They didn’t even change volcano’s cooldown either.