Diablo II: Resurrected Patch 2.4 Balance PTR

What helpful auras though? They can’t wield a pride etc can they? Might is also built into the A2 merc only. So I view that as a one to one trade off. You give up built in might aura to get the enchant from A3 merc.

For everyone saying how is this possible they went in this direction:

One of the main advisors for this update was a 20 something year old YT influencer who has never actually designed a game before, but made themselves famous streaming a game that is possibly older than they are.

The changes are definitely a step in the right direction, and I hope there are more to come!

I like the fire druid changes/martial arts assassin changes. Zon changes seem cool as well.

The merc changes are great but I just hope their skill damage scaling is actually reasonable now. Definitely going to be using insight on a bow merc. I’m pretty sure act 2 merc + infinity is still going to be the endgame plan though.

Summon druids will remain garbage unless they can have all summons out at the same time. It’s what the people want just allow it! If the servers can take summon necros they can sure as hell take summon druids with 10 summons out.

Golems are still just a single summon, they’ll need a decent damage increase to see play.

I’m a bit disappointed with throw barb changes. Pierce is definitely needed but with how quickly their ammo runs out I was hoping for something to compensate.

The new staff runeword doesn’t seem worthy of a zod rune. Double spirit is just as good if not better and much cheaper. Not to mention the indestructible stat is completely wasted. This seems like a bad idea altogether. At least pump up the skills on it, maybe add a cool aura or -resistances.

I wish they added more ilvl 85 areas. It would have been nice to see tal rashas tombs on the list.

I guess I’m still a bit worried a lot of the underused skills will stay crappy. I guess I’ll have to see them in action first.

Overall it’s definitely an improvement but I hope they’re still open to more changes.

3 Likes

Lawbringer’s Decrepify is much better anyway if you’re Druid and Last Wish still exist if you insist on Might.

Also if you’re a Druid summoner, you can now have Cold Wolves with Fire Enchant and Barbs Spirit for physical as well. Sound abit broken if you ask me.

I do not get hit enough while playing my Sorceress for Weaken when struck to be appealing.

But when you get hit, you have a chance to lower additional incoming damage by 43%. Which is usually the case when surrounded by monsters due to a bad teleport.
Now, thanks to wearing no shield, there won’t be any block lock issues any longer, where you can’t cast a thing because of the block animation. So you can teleport out of such groups more easily.

I think damage wise there might be better options for cold and fire sorcs, like DF, Eschutas, rare orbs, Phoenix (?). But overall I think this runeword has the better all-round package of dmg, res, fhr, fcr and mf over Hoto / Spirit. But again, only for the sorc. I think it is well balanced, and it makes the Zod more valuable finally.

I don’t see those as bad things tbh. If you use an expensive LW to get might that is fine, you’d be missing out on decrepify or concentration aura that an A2 merc could have gotten via a weapon also.

Druid summons need all the help they can get also.

Even if summoners can have multiple damage types more easily now I don’t think they’ll be clearing nearly as fast as “meta” AoE abilities. I also kind of doubt the thorns changes will make any of the versions of it that powerful, but I guess we’ll have to wait and see what the values are.

2 Likes

Good news, because this will mean all those 2.4 PTR whiners can shaddup now.

1 Like

You make it sound like stacking tons of ED% is a gift that keep on giving. The total damage has diminishing returns. That is why adding an additional dmg type is so much better.

I agree that summoner Druid need love but it is still a summoner build afterall. They shouldn’t be way better than a melee Paladin/Barb or Physbowzon that require lots of gear. Leveling up shouldn’t be enough to beat the game alone.

A summoner will not be chosing a Fire Wolf over a might merc. Might adds 220% damage to the skellies physical damage, Combined that with Amp you take a skelly crew doing 2800 dps and make it 9K dps.

A wolf adding enchant (assuming lvl 23 as that’s a demon limb and I can calculate) will add about 900 fire dps and have your skellies doing 6500 dps.

You can’t replace the might merc…

2 Likes

But when you get hit, you have a chance to lower additional incoming damage by 43%. Which is usually the case when surrounded by monsters due to a bad teleport.
Now, thanks to wearing no shield, there won’t be any block lock issues any longer, where you can’t cast a thing because of the block animation. So you can teleport out of such groups more easily.

That chance to cast will also plays an animation, which will prevent teleporting. The only difference here is you had about the same chance to avoid all of the damage of the initial blow as you do to avoid some of the damage of the following blows.

I think damage wise there might be better options for cold and fire sorcs, like DF, Eschutas, rare orbs, Phoenix (?). But overall I think this runeword has the better all-round package of dmg, res, fhr, fcr and mf over Hoto / Spirit. But again, only for the sorc. I think it is well balanced, and it makes the Zod more valuable finally.

I do not believe this will increase the value of Zod without an active Aura. This was obviously designed to be an endgame rune word, but it comes up short, imo. And with Spirit + HotO being much easier to obtain and almost as good, I feel like they missed the mark.

1 Like

i fear that would cause problems with + all skills items. if you need +20 levels to get 800 damage your skill items will barely make a difference. though we will have to wait until i can take a look into the files, could be they added synergies and just didnt mention them, since they arent used. enchant and static is nice though. static and melee range depends on the level. level 17 static basically fills the whole screen (17 yards). if you can get it that high with +skill items it will definitely be very usefull. the rogue is interesting. as fas as i read fire and cold arrow arent replaced, so synergies should still be there. explosiv arrow does less damage, but they have a similar AoE radius.
a3 static might be interresting for boss killing. i really need to take a look at hirelings.txt. its so interesting.
edit: just read, exploding arrow got a boost for damage + stronger synergies, they might be on comparaable level now.
Exploding Arrow

Damage scaling increased by about 50% for higher skill levels
Fire Arrow synergy increased from +12% to +14%
Mana Cost per level reduced from +0.5 to +0.25

Druid summon really need more love =/ On one side you have the summon necro who have alot of squeleton/Mage that aren’t useless anymore/ 1 iron golem with aura of your choice with the base item/ curse/Revive/ and the best of the best corpse explosion … While on the otherside you have 1 bear with 1 spirit that will randomly get oneshot… raven that you will have to cast every 2 second because they only last 5 hits… Plzz allow the wolfs and bear to be up at same time before 2.4 hit !

7 Likes

Thank god. I thought they would nerf poison dagger

4 Likes

Insight

• Now can also be used with Bows and Crossbows

This is the best update imho. Bowazon needs more love though.

3 Likes

grizzly bear needs ias/damage boost atleast

2 Likes

jesus, really?! im still rreading but thats huge

you can easily fix that with a bit modding. i think there was even a mod over at nexusmods for that.

I’m okay with Wolfs + Bear, if you still gotta choose between Spirit or Dire.

1 Like

Not to mention if it’s ethereal for the gg look! :slight_smile: