Diablo II: Resurrected Ladder Season 4 Has Concluded

It is more hotfix than real patch for the next season… I remember DEVs before D2R launch promising how they will listen to the community…

I take back my previous complaint. After a lot of testing, a good amount of builds were buffed significantly with NHD changes.

Wind druid ~ 40% tornado buff (massive for pvp)
Fire druid is A or B tier
Fire trapper clears chaos in about 2 minutes p8
LS trapper is even stronger (was already A tier)
Chain Lightning is useful - haven’t tested with facets yet
Lightning Strike is usable because of chain light
Nova seems to get an extra hit on Diablo (guessing this is related to size)
Shapeshifter gave QoL to min/max before boss…
Mosaic is even more broken - S++++++++ tier
Overall party play is smoother… killing even faster

Cast on hit skills don’t slow down damage output

Loving these changes… physical builds do still need a lot of love. I’d love to see all melee attacks attack mobs within weapon range of swing… or splash damage… something to make them relevant.

Bowazon as well… full dex, maxed w/ max enchant still significantly slower than most builds. Barb and Bowa are my favorite classes and they feel unplayable at the moment.

Patch looks fine. However, will not be playing Season 4, and didn’t play Season 3. It would have taken something pretty significant for me to play S4, as I’m working 100% of all 6 PS4 FF Pixel remasters before D4 launches. I don’t see myself touching D2R again until next year, so 2-3 patches down the road, the game might have significantly better QoL and/or balancing/features added once D4 gets out and gets into it’s cycle.

And they pretty much did. Terror Zones, while I don’t like necessarily how they implemented them, do address community concerns over leveling that were addressed here in the forums such as bringing back Cow Level XP pre-1.10, doing something besides Baal till your eyes bleed, etc. The recent KB removal from BK was something that has been asked for awhile (though, they should have replaced with a better mod), Consoles got a lobby rework during Season 1s midpoint, WW damage was rescaled to not be garbage during leveling (though to the chagrin of 2-hander users that lost IAS), many of the asks during S1s PTR were met such as Zoo Druid and FoH damaging more than Undead.

I think that the major point of why the season itself is getting cut short, is so that so some time this year, D2R D3 and D4 can be more in regular cadence and not interfere with players that play multiple Diablo games and can enjoy bouncing in at Season starts rather than having to choose one over the other.

Diablo II Lord of Destruction US West HC ladder reset - Lets Go!

D2R sucks.

2 Likes

D4 has no free trade and is still doing soulbound b.s… will not be buying it…sticking with D2

It’s an improved version of D3 that is closer to D1/D2 but still some important lessons were not learned

D2 > PoE > D1 > D4 > Minecraft > D3

Acti-Blizz-soft gets to benefit from the huge success of David Brevik and the title alone will get sales. D3 was a scam and embarrassment… and its project leader insulted the community as well as David Brevik.

1 Like

Welp. No reason to play season 4. Nothing exclusive? Time to play all those non ladder chars for a change I guess. Lol

I’m not on season 4 got no update?

Started today. Season 3 done. Nothing new for season 4 other than just starting over.

When will the season 3 runewords be available for nonladder?

Why are you so adamant on changing and ruining our once amazing game??
Every single damn patch you get further and further away from its glory.
For the first time in 20 years, please hire someone that has even half a brain/interest in keeping this game alive.

1 Like

Let me know what happened when you find out. While waiting on the sideline. Maybe you can help me? Just learning at level 19. I’m having trouble activating a level 18 Shadow Warrior from my Assassin advancing down the “Shadow” column. The “Trap” column merges over to “Shadow warrior.” Surely I don’t have to complete the “Trap” to achieve Shadow Warrior?

While I did enjoy this season, for a while, any idea when season 5 will be? :smiley:

1 Like

i to seek this knowledge

1 Like

Well, Season 4 has been live for less than 6 weeks now, so we would probably be looking at early August to early September for Season 5.

Gonna be a while.

whens the next reset

Until they announce it, we don’t know. All we can do is guess. Don’t hold your breath for an official Blizzard response to your inquiry. Outside of the short time frame surrounding official patch/ladder reset announcements, the Blizzard devs/CMs rarely pay this forum a visit. The only employees that touch this forum on a regular basis are customer support moderators investigating flagged posts/threads.

The best guess is 3 or 4 months from Ladder season 4 start, which was May 5, so early August or early September for Ladder season 5 start.

Blizzard typically gives an announcement two weeks prior to a ladder reset.

However, reset or not, it’ll be the same bots/d2stores/youtubers all over again, economy will crash in a week, and it’ll be the sane repetitive cycle all over again only faster and faster each time … then they’ll want a monthly reset, and it’ll get worse and worse … they’ve totally destroyed this game …

Which is why it’d be a smart move for Blizzard to add a Solo Self Found Ladder mode. A simple toggle option on character creation, same area where you can set classic/LoD, Ladder/Non-Ladder, Hardcore/Softcore. If enabled, it bars you from joining others games, and others joining your games. The multiplayer game lobby/creating named/passworded games would be disabled. You can only play via the “play” button.

No trading, no being boosted by others. It’s just the player, their time dedication, skill and luck to climb the ladder.

There’d need to be an opt-out of SSF option that way you can play with others, however for obvious reasons you can’t opt back in to SSF.

Will Blizzard do it? HAHAHAHAHAHA I’m not counting on it. That’d mean less people buying items from 3rd parties, less botters rebuying the game when they get banned, and ultimately less money coming in for Blizzard. They won’t do “work” to earn less money. That’s insane! “We :heart: bots!” is the Diablo franchises motto.

1 Like

thewre is already sevewral options/toggles in existence

1. private passworded game
  2. a game with max players of one selected
  3. Single player mode

there doesnt need to be more screen clutter nor more confusion for the noobs … what you ask for already exists, how can they make it if it is already there?

Seriously?

SSF exists in the mind, sure… But it doesn’t exist on the leaderboards. That’s the whole point of requesting a SSF mode.