Diablo 2 is Trinity Realistic and it's Beautiful but not without Ugly Damages

So as promised, here I am back to prove Trinity Realistic game design inspiration along side Malicious Defenseless Dependent Targeting to support the theory of Progressive Sexism coinciding with the Progressive Erasure of feminism currently going on in both our real world and fantasy experience.

So here are the Diagrams to start…

https://ibb.co/7tzgfdS
https://ibb.co/7z7czYx

And here is clarification of the Defenseless Dependant which I will get to later…

https://ibb.co/T4RK7yQ

In the first diagram we have our Primary Trinity of heroes but it expands out differently from the second diagram through a very literal perception. (makes sense, might add to the character). And the Primary Trinity of heroes is easy to understand compared to 3 forces of gravity. It’s the secondary set of heroes, the Druid, Paladin and Assassin that are tricky to explain but do end up making more sense and fitting in their categories more than not. Let’s start with the Druid. There’s virtually a balance of fire and ice skills in the Elemental Tree with a mixture of physical. Now I’m not saying that hot and cold repel each other, I’m just saying that that hot and cold cannot be one and the same. There’s clearly a line where each has a different effect on things. If you try to push them together then they are going to try and push apart which creates a repulsive effect, not repulsion itself.

You might argue that the Amazon also has roughly an equal balance between fire and cold skills in her bow/crossbow skills tree, but the overall unifying theme of just a weapon type is not nearly as strong of a unifying theme as Nature and there’s actually another totally viable explanation for it when you see that that Bowazon is positioned and divided down the middle in the hero circle.

https://ibb.co/gbYmcFs

Now the Druid’s elemental doesn’t represent the inversive concept of Yin and Yan entirely just yet, but notice how easily it could align with the Yin and Yan repulsive effect of the Amazon as the prime example of repulsion. The Amazon represents the Tank/Cannon(As a full lightning build 1 hand) and the Cannon/Tank (2 handed physical bow not entirely skill devoted but life steal friendly) and this perception of inversiveness is entirely legitimate because she receives 3 life per vitality point and that amount does not change to represent the cannon or tank role any less. And jav throwing distance also does not change compared to arrow either which demonstrates a tension of inversion that pushes the amazon apart to some minimal or conceptual degree.

The theme of Power and Fragility and how they are so close together with Armageddon and Hurricane represent the Hybrid Dependant role quite nicely here.

The Paladin demonstrates complimentary inversion through separate auras in the same way that separate elemental masteries do with the Sorceress. The theme of Zeal and Sacrifice complement each other quite nicely in the Hybrid Support role, and as you can even see, Zeal and Sacrifice are synergies to each other when you factor Blessed Aim and the key point is that different auras support each of these offensive skills more properly than another, i.e. one works better for one handed as opposed to two handed.

Finally, the Assassin demonstrates diversity and self absorption to an extreme which would generate an attraction of opposites and a unifying theme just as the Barbarian. You would say that she has the most diversity of the soloists but still has that compacted strength of Fade as a progression from the Barbarian’s Natural resists. But this is a very awkward and sensitive part of the game because if you look at image #2 you will find that the Assassin is in a position of role conflict between Soloist and Dependant. That’s perfectly fine though because so is the Necromancer. But it would seem proper to fully establish this concept of Self Absorption and Dependency(2 life per vitality) that she might reduce down to 2 life per vitality from 3 with the Fade skill since the skill has been uncapped for damage reduction %. Now there might be a corresponding offense output that would go along with the change but maybe that offensive output is already currently going on.

Self Absorption and Diversity compliment each other nicely to establish the unique aspect of her Soloing role.

And the Assassin concept in general seems to appropriately imply a melee glass cannon.

Moving on to image #2:

I’m sorry but this is where the magic of the game’s beauty truly blossoms in to a critical mass. We can observe two important points about our 7 colors here. #1. That the primary colors are actually being properly represented by THE RIGHT heroes and #2. That the Inversion of Indigo(Necromancer) is Yellow(Barbarian) and establishes #1. (you get the color indigo with 2 parts blue and 1 part red!) while this same principle of beauty can be expressed of the game through pseudo dependency in the sense that the Barbarian depends on expanding himself(battle orders) while the Necromancer depends on expanding the armies of himself. Now I’m sorry but that’s obviously not by sheer coincidence and could very well be a miracle of beauty itself, and I have to ask this… If we have this kind of symmetrical beauty on one side of the hero circle then surely it must be possible to have this symmetry on the other side with up to 2 more heroes…

Further investigation of the Diagram shows that we apparently have 2 more Heroes possible as Hybrid or Tribrid Variants but I’m leaning more towards the prior since we can see that you can mix green and blue to get Teal and Red and Purple to get Magenta but combining yellow and orange results no new color.

So what’s the point of presenting/pointing out all of this beautiful symmetry in the game? It’s not to dramatically change or damage the game at all. It’s just to speculate on it’s USEFULNESS in solving current directional disorientation problems with heroes and to look at how there is more than enough compelling evidence to show that more is more(2 more heroes) is both a favorable solution to the moral/ethical problem and that the minimum amount of space left overall in the Trinity Fractal is the right and quality way of looking at the situation from the minimalist perspective.

If we know that Fire Mastery typically identified as a Sorceress’ skill made it on to Trang oul’s set and we can use the diagrams to understand that the Necromancer is 2 parts Dependant(Blue) and 1 part Soloist(Red) to make the color Indigo. Then that, right there, is nothing short of a perfect justification for how Fire Mastery made it on to trang oul’s set. That. Right There. is the Trump Card of Evidence. A fully established axiom that couldn’t be more favorable to the point I’m making had I set the situation up myself…

And because it is CERTAINLY ACCURATE and certainly supports the Trinity Realism perspective it truly allows us to ask the question with full confidence and demand. How did elemental mastery skip the Druid and make it to the Necromancer PROPERLY? When you get turned back towards the Druid’s skills from Aldur’s set, let me know.

And I was called a Troll and that I should go back under the Bridge…

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=694376975556430

And now for the Ugly Damages.

I had a post on SM recently and I’ll just post that and reiterate my previous starcraft point. First I’ll start by asking you this… Of all the unit types in Starcraft and Diablo 2, which ones do you think have the highest death count? I’m very willing to bet that it is both Zerglings and Cows. Keep this in mind going forward… And now for that post.

The goal of this message is to say the most with the least and keep up the good fight against progressive sexism in video games which is being supported underneath by the terms Trinity Realism and Defenseless Dependents and held in place by The Progressive Erasure of Feminism. It is NOT to destroy the game as I am open to the possibility of great misfortune and misunderstanding. Rather, it is to take the good with the bad and the ugly in hopes of an unveiled alignment between the great and the beautiful, or a legitimate forward step at minimum but a great opportunity to exploit none the less. Let’s win one for the vulnerable youth.

Defenseless Dependents:

https://ibb.co/T4RK7yQ

Trinity Realism:

https://ibb.co/7tzgfdS
https://ibb.co/7z7czYx

The Progressive Erasure of Feminism:

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/arts-letters/articles/progressive-erasure-of-feminism

Final Message:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFylXQRbolM

@4:02 - "But Socrates wants to suggest to us that all of knowledge in some sense involves interpreting reality through images.

@2:40 - “All Education is turning. It’s not putting knowledge in to a brain that’s not there, it’s turning the interior of the soul so that it can see correctly.”

And don’t forget that it’s the sore thumbs of the divided amazon and all in one necromancer together in the overall structure that scream, THERE’S MORE.

Now remember how Zerglings and Cows have racked up the most death counts by everyone over the years until proven otherwise? I’ll have to go back and reiterate my point from previous post and follow it up…

Zerglings, Hatchlings, Younglings. Zerglings are virtually unarmored dependents firstly because they depend on the ARMORED ultralisks in front of them. Of course, zerg is not designed to naturally make it to tier 3 in time so that the dependency is legitimately part of the team trinity. I’ll restate the mathematical expression through a poem.

Support: Uniter of Self and Many
Soloist: Divided is the One
Dependant: A part of Whole with Any, Alone as Whole as None

The Units Lost category of the Starcraft Scoreboard combined with the fact that there was no score category for “Critical Units Killed” showed that the goal was to lose units for zerg but with no visible reward for sacrificing on critical gas costing enemy units. How many cases were there when Zerg’s dominated the Unit Score category, especially for units lost while still losing the game? It pushed you to lose zerglings on the superior Terran race especially. A cooperation between enemies to yield as many zergling deaths as possible. (Defenseless Dependant Younglings comparatively). It’s a a malicious set up for zergling failure. Yet, I was suggesting ideas on the starcraft forums like getting rid of the movement speed research times for the race because there were so many and zerglings that could leap and suicide collide with enemies, sacrificing some hp towards additional damage. But that post was immediately removed because it was either too balanced of an idea that might upset the community or because it would expose this “failure set up” cover up. But realize that I was also the one who looked outside the box for other beautiful alternatives such as combining the plague and broodling concepts together so that zerg could have a lot more broodlings or broodling potential because they would only be able to reduce enemy hp down to 1 hit point.

Final message: Sometimes you have to take the Good with the Bad and the Ugly to bring the Great and the Beautiful into alignment BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO CHOICE!

1 Like

I want whatever you’re on man.

3 Likes

I dunno about that, otherwise you’d be yelling at clouds too.

https://media.tenor.com/jYZmxGqvQKsAAAAC/old-man-yells-at-cloud-yelling.gif

2 Likes

"Nah, you take the good with the bad and decide if it’s worth your time or not" - SolidSnek

If you can wrap your mind and feel around the sense of perception that a 2 life per vitality point assassin that can have both shadows out (as just a thought) which would be another push of the spotlight back on to the Druid to reconsider if his original summoning worked just fine considering synergies had no 20 point skill cap on top of sage amplification and that there is an elemental mastery situation that calls for another reconsideration then maybe we’ll be on to what might be interestingly accurate about a hero 8 and 9 and be worth it out of just sheer curiosity at least.

I still find the concept of self absorption through fade of 1 life per vita down to 2 to be a pretty compelling consideration.

I don’t think so. He has been making these posts on a few accounts for YEARS now. I just mark as spam and let the mods deal with it.

8 Likes

Hey can you re explain this in a new post from scratch? I’m really interested like many others in D2 forums should be. Try to make it as long and comprehensive and personally time consuming as possible

1 Like

These are my absolute favorite posts! I find the AI generated word-salad somewhat beautiful - like poetry or even performance art. Thank you, stray AI.

1 Like

Might as well continue that and finish this off with a little writing and thought I had recently.

The Successful Survival
The Survivor of Success

The situation isn’t as simple and black and white as successful and unsuccessful people. Even if it was it would still be more useful to try to see the politics of the situation between Successful Survivors and Survivors of Success. You see, you don’t really actually want to be plainly Successful because it could imply Successive and that’s not actual success. You WANT to survive Success without the excess. On the other hand you don’t want to just plainly succeed because it could imply suckneed. It seems likely that it’s the greatest and most beautiful art that is surviving and the greatest and most rational skill that is thriving. But do you see how that doesn’t make sense? Therefor the Successful Survivor and Survivor of Success should be helping/working with each other to reach their goals and act their roles because at the end of the day, each of their paths are ultimately leading to the destination of what each one of them longs for.

And of course by common sense, that is what makes the world go around. and money should be the measure of the excellence and goals reached of THAT.

I think I might know what you’re getting at here so let me try to summarize the post with a thought provoking point before rewriting from scratch.

It seems that the two images represent a contrast or contradiction between the thematic trinity(color) and the conceptual trinity(magnetism) and I’m not even sure if thematic and conceptual are the right words to establish the distinction. But what does seem evident is that the distinction is most certainly there. They both start from the same source of heroes with the primary trinity and then advance in to the secondary trinity on a different set of heroes. Therefor it might be healthy to exercise the consideration of the alignment of the two.

So let’s say you have the barbarian and paladin together as the supports representing the advancement of attraction. Could the paladin then represent Diversity and Self Absorption as opposed to the Assassin? Maybe that occurs through Sacrifice, and his vastness of offensive and defensive options. And could the Assassin with the Amazon represent repulsion in the sense that she could be divided between glass cannon and tank role as proved that those roles are somewhat united by soloist/support blend in image 2 and either solve or address the conflict properly? And for the Druid with the Sorceress representing complimentary exertion as though the fire and ice of the Druid’s elements(fire and ice) were mastery synergetic to each other in an inverted fashion, not forgetting to balance that out with the Druid’s dependently proper 2 life per vitality point, then maybe that does make sense to serve the concept of Power and Fragility as an advancement of the purity dependant(sorc).

So as you can see, maybe the primary trinity is fine and it is what each of their advancing aims imply when breaking down in to two word labels that could solve matters in the secondary trinity of heroes.

The most complex or sophisticated layout of the perception

Attraction: Unity advances to Self Absorption and Diversity
Repulsion: Divinity advances to Situational Tank and Glass Cannon
Complimentary Exertion: Purity advances to Power Synergy(complimentary cannon) and fragile glass (as One to keep the Power Synergy in proportionally balanced check)

Celebrating the “Restoration” of the OP with a song…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjaE3w8j6vY

I close my eyes and slip away
And long for change within the air
Hope fills my soul, I realise

I have the sky under my feet
Sun up above, I am complete
Joy fills my heart in Paradise

I sense your hand searching for mine (I am)
Falling through time
I feel your love reaching across (Transcend)
All the years we lost

Someone’s calling me
Echoes of a childhood memory

Eyes open wide as I awake
I sense no change within the air
Hope leaves my soul, I paralyse

This world of pain and suffering
Creeps into me and once again
I mourn the loss of innocence

If I could run away
Back to my innocent days

Someone’s calling me
Someone’s calling me

Passages of time
Buried in the chaos of my mind
Chronicles of life
Concealing a truth I left behind

Passages of time
Buried in the chaos of my mind
Chronicles of life
Concealing a truth I can’t deny

Moon begins to rise
Reflecting on a life once sanctified
Night begins to fall
Voices of my youth, immutable

Memories collide
My scattered soul is almost unified
Thoughts are in full flight
Enveloping a wisdom earned with time

Passages of time
Stripping back the layers of my mind
Chronicles of life
Unraveling a truth which I must find

Passages of time
Stripping back the layers of my mind
Chronicles of life
Unraveling a truth I kept inside

Snow is falling all around
What once was lost has now been found
The life I had to leave behind
Is crystallising in my mind

Reminiscing on the past
A bygone time that could not last
The splintered crystal of my prime
Is now a bell that will not chime

The crystallising thoughts of youth
They flood my mind and show me truth
My soul was free in days of yore
A white seed that once was pure

The snow is falling all around

Reminiscing on a bygone time
Splintered crystal prime a bell that will not chime
Crystallising thoughts of my faded youth
Flood my mind and bringeth waves of truth
Now the echoes of a false lullaby
Like a black seed in a bed of lies

Splintering the crystal a bell that will not chime
Thoughts flood my mind in truth a faded youth
(The snow is falling)
I reminisce on the past a time gone by
(New life is calling)
I will return

Snow is falling all around

Reminiscing on the past
A bygone time that could not last
The splintered crystal of my prime
Is now a bell that will not chime

The crystallising thoughts of youth
They flood my mind and show me truth
My soul was free in days of yore
A white seed that once was pure

The snow is falling all around

Reminiscing on a bygone time
Splintered crystal prime a bell that will not chime
Crystallising thoughts of my faded youth
Flood my mind and bringeth waves of truth
Now the echoes of a false lullaby
Like a black seed in a bed of lies

Thoughts flood my mind in truth a faded youth
(The snow is falling)
I reminisce on the past a time gone by
(New life is calling)
I will return

I have returned
To the springtime in the garden
Seeds are sown, flowers grow
And the child is born again

Filled with delight
And the laughter is contagious
As we dance, as we sing
Celebrating 'til the end

Joy and respite
On the faces of the children
With a smile, realise
That their love will never end

I have received
Affirmation of the spirit
Falling snow takes me home
And the man is whole again

Mind open wide as I awake
I sense a change within myself
Hope feeds my soul I realise

I feel the earth under my feet
Son by my side, I am complete
Pride fills my heart in Paradise

Hearts open wide as I awake
I sense a change within myself
Love feeds my soul I realise

This world of pain and suffering
Ignites in me and once again
Sparks the rebirth of innocence

If I could run away
I’d choose to live for today

Someone’s calling me

The moon will rise
The night will fall
I hold your hand
But you let go

The sun will shine
The snow will thaw
All things must pass
Into the unknown

Escaping the past by embracing the future

Yeah but can you summarize that

That Brownies we’ve made to our friends in Germany several years ago were a real banger. Nothing tastes like Brownies made on the nights after the first harvest. idk why I got reminded of that, lolz/

On the topic: absolutely d2 is trinity realistic, or whatever… akara states it clearly when you go first time talk to her. But why make such a fuzz about it? And maybe consider a more easily consumable language style, not many people can follow such erratic writing.

Yes exactly! OP gets it, drop rates are perfect, enigma/teleport is fine and they need to introduce more QoL updates! Perfectly explains d2r!

How much does moderation look into the flags? I’d expect moderation to act faster (and with perma bans) on someone that consistently repeats the same kind of spam thread with different accounts.

I’ll try to summarize that in to a real TL:DR I guess…

Start with THE question…

If the trinity was so much NOT a part of Diablo 2, then how did we end up so apparently throwing individual and viable parts of these two legitimate trinities(images) under the bus? Those being Repulsion and Dependency? And when you realize that 2 life per vitality point would be one of the defining parts of dependency then you start to realize how it would be part of and contribute to the repulsion.

And if we consult the image demonstrating an advancement of the primary and secondary trinity as an advancement of attraction, complementary exertion and then the REPULSION in this primary concern, then maybe we’d start with the secondary trinity and work our way backwards considering the repulsion effect may be stronger and more necessary.

So we start with the assassin and apply this rule. If she is using a shield then she has 3 life per vitality point and if not then she has 2 life per vitality point. It might seem awkward or ugly but in reality it may be addressing the ugly part of her properly classified role theme where Soloist and Dependant are melded together as one as a secondary hybrid hero. Seems like that solves the problem both clearly and properly.

But the real tricky part is how repulsion would be involved with the “Div…ine” Amazon because I don’t think it’s so natural. What I think you could do though is replace the skill “slow missile” with a skill called “fast missile” (who really uses slow missile anyway?) (maybe you could still keep it on the peace runeword though). So fast missile would be similar to the Sorceress’ enchant but it has this effect where if the hero is using a missile weapon then they drop down by 1 life per vitality point to a minimum of 2 while under the effect of the spell. (Well you did realize that evasive skills such as dodge evade and avoid were proper for a squishy hero right?). So the amazon casts it on herself. The tricky part seems to be with 1 handed javs only. If they can be thrown or used as melee then would she be at 2 or 3 life? maybe you just right click javelins and it puts them in throwing(missile mode) or melee mode and then BOOM… problem solved.

But then fast missile’s purpose has to clearly be for an extra offensive effect. How about the missile splits on every hit of an enemy and hits two more enemies at say 50% damage. But I also think that for missiles that cannot pierce, it adds a full effect aoe in maybe a smaller radius than exploding effect.

I think where you would really see this shine is if the act 1 rogue was able to cast fast missile on a necromancer. Sure… bone spear would be strong but I think it would make a lot more sense out of why bone spirit costs so much mana comparatively and the skill would actually feel right at home with a full damage aoe effect in a small area.

Anyway, it seems like maybe I’m on the way of solving the classic rogue problem THE RIGHT way… instead of just saying “oh we give up, let’s just buff bows and claws because the community demands it” even though the Amazon is a 3 life per vitality point hero and the real concern as the prime and full distance missile shooter.

But of course the real and ultimate question is… why not make an expansion with two more heroes to use up as much space of the trinity fractal as possible and secure a win win of both complete thematic beauty and way out of a moral crisis?

I have another suggestion and idea for your other diablo, but maybe I’ll keep that one to myself.

The Power of the Dependant and the Repulsive Slice of the Gordian Knot has arrived…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TBKKy09oV8

“Education is turning, it’s not putting knowledge in to a brain that’s not there, it’s turning the interior of the soul so that it can see correctly”

“The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend” - Henri Bergson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyzE9thQIPo

Dude…how are people supposed to get what you say when you use words and expression that only exist in your mind? You are using notions and ideas that don’t exist anywhere except your imagination.

How are you expecting people to resonate with your ideas when they lack comprehension?

Let me remind you, since you can’t refer your other posts, as they have been removed:
"An unreadable philosopher is the same as an unlistenable composer!" Yet you keep refusing to adjust your discourse in order to make it palatable for your audience.

The reality is that you are not looking for a debate, just an echo chamber. You are no better than a low-life troll.

I’ll respond with two points…

Imaginative Troll is not a fair term. Naively Realistic Visionary that leans towards and values Bold Directness resembling a Child’s Work would be entirely more fair and accurate.

You seem to demonstrate a common ignorance of philosophy. That’s ok it doesn’t make you inferior or abnormal.

from 30 - 1:20 in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBG10XnxQaI

And then from 13:35 - 24:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBG10XnxQaI

Which the topic of the Sublime vs the Beautiful is brought up and that’s where I think most people or you are not really wrapping your minds around. I mean heck, I hadn’t even really thought about it myself. But I think people are not really on the same firm page in regard to this distinction between the Beautiful and the Sublime.

I will also say that I think the situation or problem we have which has brought forth these issues that people claim are non issues and need to be swept under the rug ultimately come from a vicious cycle of the relationship between parent and child of the damaging effect that hypocrisy has had on us psychologically or subconsciously where no one wants to consider it because it implies an issue with their own selves. The toxic parenting attitude of “do as I say and not as I do” for example. The negative impact and effects of hypocrisy would imply that we might not actually be reaching our parenting goals but even though they may be strived for with honestly doesn’t mean that we really aren’t just a bunch of damaged children emerging from the wreckage even though there may not be any intention of abuse.

The child leading the child like the blind leading the blind

How do you really escape this kind of cycle but other than the possibility of a child that actually cares?

Also, you gravitate towards throwing the troll under the bridge like the bridge connects you and everyone else in order to keep you superior and the supposed troll inferior. But I resort back to my solid point about your bridge actually needing to be constructed in the first place for the situation at hand.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=694376975556430

And I’m still suspecting the two missing heroes are the Warlock and the Sea Witch…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdh6upXZL6c

"Oh, I still hear the angels’ song
whispered by a child that once belonged.
With tears of joy so white,
the colour of a restless night,
more than a faint memory can provide.
If years go by,
fear and pain will sustain in your eyes.

She may never return, but I can wait forever.
If we can’t make amends,
I’ll chase your rainbow till the end…

Find us a cure for your disease,
spare us your ancient remedy.
If this is all I ever ask,
emptiness is all I ever had.

Our lives are scarred from deep within,
scales grow all over our skin.
A miracle is all I’ll ever need
to cure them all,
holding onto my amphibian dream.

She may never return, but I can wait forever.
If we can’t make amends,
I’ll chase your rainbow till the end…"

honestly, it all reads like OP is experiencing a schizophrenic episode. and i am not trying to be a jerk, i swear.

Dude/Dudess…the thing is that you don’t bring any added value to the conversation. Only delirium.

You are the kind of person that left with a ruler in an empty room, will keep measuring it and playing with the numbers long enough until you will arrive at the conclusion that that particular room shares the same measurements to the pyramid of Giza.

The original creators of the game…wanted to make a game, not some metaphysical statement.

It would seem to me that maybe a sit down talk with the original creators and pointing out this apparent targeting and neglect of repulsion and dependency that not even they might have forseen or intentionally implemented would be in order. But if you can imagine how it may have happened if you’re capable of putting yourself in their shoes or even your own shoes that you would have been inconsiderate of those seemingly legitimate parts of the trinity then maybe it would have to do with the immediate assumption, let’s say, that repulsion is … you guessed it… repulsive and that dependency is EXCLUSIVELY WEAK and therefor of low quality and meaningless.

However… maybe if you have an intellectual depth and multiply these two supposed negatives together that you aren’t fully grasping the quality contrast of their identity then you come out with a missing part of the trinity that was always on the same level as the other two.

Translation:

Donuts are life.
Life is donuts.

Or maybe that -1 x -1 = 1 is as realistic of math as any math.

Don’t hate the nerd on his own computer world turf.