Devs and weekends

Don’t hold your breath.

i hope you re right because 3 hours left before they stop to work and go in weekend

To be fair the whole team is probably 5 guys and an intern in the back of blizz hq working on this game right now.

2 Likes

Blue post also said “a couple of hours” four hours ago. Zzz. Automation flush tool starting to sound like a smoke screen.

I wouldnt wanna be in their shoes…trying to fix something for hours and hours, no fix while the intern reads all the toxics posts to get them to hurry up. Must suck

Just downloaded an update, and it still isn’t working, lol.

“that deserves overtime”
Sorry, but do you even know what working as a game dev or support usually means? They most likely already work overtime all day on a normal work day until they get sick.

Patch is likely for the online char & offline char naming issue that was mentioned in their posts. No change to the server lock stuff.

Not true… A lot of folks including myself had their character locked out for 24 hours

1 Like

That was my life in software dev. Test cycles would be 6am to 11pm or later. Sleep and repeat. I ALWAYS got sick, and I was salaried. No over time. I don’t do that anymore.

Probably. That is the first patch they were going to push today. I think the DB cleanup to unlock is being done without a patch. Last update said that some should be good to go from the automated tool, but some need manual help.

Well, just had a patch download but whatever it was for it had no effect on my stuck character. I’ve been locked out since about 9 AM this morning.

At a guess, they did it so they wouldn’t have to worry too much for a couple days after launch.

I am IN finally - been out since 11am

1 Like

Just started a game of league…will check and update later