Devs and weekends

You would think a company this size would have contingency plans and staffed scheduled to work overtime to address things like this as they arise… Especially knowing how many pre-orders they had, it’s not like they didn’t expect problems on the first few days…

Having no available fixes till Monday and character lockouts indefinite, I feel like management is doing a terrible job.

2 Likes

a junior dev :laughing: FFS this 20 characters is such a bad thing in this forum!

I mean someone at the company decided it was enough to just have a few days of online beta testing so don’t get your hopes up

1 Like

Beta actually was a lot better. No character lockouts, no server issues… Give us back beta

I love me some rod ferguson but disappointed…gears never had this problem!

Some of the issues should be fixed today. AVX is pushed to next Monday a the earliest. You can follow along here.

1 Like

These issues absolutely were present in beta, they just ignored them.

1 Like

This is definitely a situation that deserves overtime and call ins to report back. Given how bad their PR is lately, they could use a victory. Cheaping out on staffing over the weekend is just going to cost them down the line.

If it isn’t resolved this weekend I seriously doubt I’ll be buying any blizz product in the future. I don’t want the headache and other developers have been able to manage smooth launches or I can just stick to single player titles that are actually finished. Games as a live service doesn’t seem to be working out and they have a history of releasing unfinished products now.

1 Like

There were both in Beta. Quite a few got the lockout bug and many had DCs. The only issue I don’t recall in Beta is the AVX requirement which is keeping some folks from playing at all.

It stands to reason of course, if Beta had those they would have fixed it?

this means we all gonna be unstuck today?

Bruh!!! I thought i was in! Then error :rofl:

That is the current plan, if whatever they dare doing works. It seems they did some with an automated tool and others are going to take manual help to repair.

Reading the blue post tho…in all seriousness, he says to try every 15-30 mins…cool ok ill do that. Lets say i do get into a game…and if i leave and make another i have to keep trying another 15-30? I feel The people playing are still in the same game afraid to leave lol

Don’t hold your breath.

i hope you re right because 3 hours left before they stop to work and go in weekend

To be fair the whole team is probably 5 guys and an intern in the back of blizz hq working on this game right now.

2 Likes

Blue post also said “a couple of hours” four hours ago. Zzz. Automation flush tool starting to sound like a smoke screen.

I wouldnt wanna be in their shoes…trying to fix something for hours and hours, no fix while the intern reads all the toxics posts to get them to hurry up. Must suck

Just downloaded an update, and it still isn’t working, lol.

“that deserves overtime”
Sorry, but do you even know what working as a game dev or support usually means? They most likely already work overtime all day on a normal work day until they get sick.