Debunking the myths FOR players 8

1. this does not “reduce” the grind… it means you now need even better gear to farm effectively as to “effectively” farm u need to be able to quickly kill players 8 monsters instead of players 1, as well as FURTHER separating the farming speed between casters and melee to even more absurd levels
  2. the only reason people are forced to look for parties on jsp and forums is because of the spam bots. literally preventing lobby chat for being used… that’s blizzard fault for not being more proactive vs bots
  3. you know we played this game for 20 years and we solved this problem before. it will go away once people learn they as long as they act like total jerks people in the game they try to ruin will quit and then they just solo farm.
    what we DON’T do is is give the people being jerks WHAT THEY WANT
  4. no it does not provide a tougher challenger
    all the best builds in the game can already easily clear players 8 no issue.
    all this does is FORCE you into one of those builds if u want to farm effectively

right now there are tons of fun things u can play that can clear players 1 and farm… once that gets bumped top players 8… that build diversity gets utterly devastated.
if u want a challenge try playing something that isnt a paladin or uses enigma or infinity

there are a TON of fun builds u can play and clear players 1 with…
but they will NEVER be able to solo players 8 because they just aren’t totally broken like paladin or sorc with infinity is.

6 Likes

Before 1.10 was any build able to solo P8?

i honestly don’t know that was so long ago… and my game knowledge back then was pitiful, i was still in middle school 20 years ago

1 Like

I remember necros could and some other builds with godly rares but we were all playing in a group nobody was splitfarming, enchantress and barb were a must lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah i have always been of the opion that monsters in a players 8 games should take 5-10 second to solo kill… this giving players time to remain grouped… while at the same time lowering the damage taken by monsters ( this makes it so you can live for that extra time)

this would keep players grouped and playing as a team and not running off

1 Like

I remember we were brain storming on a most efficient party like summon druid for sage 3 pals for vigor fanat conviction, frost maiden to freeze etc… childhood :slight_smile:

1 Like

If they don’t add online P8 or some other difficulty increase this game will just die.

It’s the same concept as Burning Crusade Classic. They released the Black Temple raid and he was dead in literally two hours.

These old games are simply not challenging anymore.

The game is completely face roll in hell with medium gear on any class other than barb.

This fantasy of 8 players magic finding together in harmony across multiple games does not actually exist. Everyone wants to farm the same spots and then make new games rapidly to farm them again.

The game needs to be more difficult and players 8 does that while offering more rewards.

2 Likes

This spam clearly needed its own thread rather than just reply within the thread you’re responding to. Well done.

1 Like

right… like it did the last 20 years… you want to kill this game? do stupid thing that totally gut all build diversity like add players 8.

or u can just make it so you can turn on players 8 but it doesn’t affect loot… that would work… you can get your “more challenging” part and we wouldn’t be forced into build we dont want to play in order to farm.

but stop trying to to fool yourself, because your not fooling others

you just want more loot… that’s what this is all about. and dont try to kid yourself… we ALL want “more loot”,

if players 8 didn’t totally kill build diversity i would be for it myself it, but i am much more concerned about it totally destroying build diversity. its not worth the tradeoff
melee characters are already behind… infity is already pretty much required

and now u want to make it so to farm effectively you need to be able to farm players 8?
NO.
That’s the issue with players 8.

if they were to just enable players 8 loot in a players 1 game i would say go for it,

just make every game players 8 loot idgaf… but DO NOT destroy the build diversity that has kept this game alive for 20 years

this game supports “play your way” somethign that both poe and d3 do NOT

i can play my way and kill anything in the gamer outside of uber mephy
adding players 8 would remove that becuase i would be gutting my ability to farm at the same rate and people who choose the op stuff

its the same reason you see people in baal runs

its not the “most fun” part of the game? its the most EFFICIENT for leveling.
if you suddenly drastically raise what “the most efficient” is… and 95% of build cant do that. then u just gutted diversity.

1 Like

Adding this command will not increase the drop rates this drop rates already exist i this game and now people playing wierd ways to manipulate it like split farming ir 3 min baalruns. If you think more player plays this game in split farm games will kill the game then first thing to do is ban split farming and baal running.

Original D2 didn’t have online p8 nor does it has any form of difficulty increase, and it is still ALIVE after 21 years.

What you talking about?

1 Like

Angry grizzled veterans keep using the term “alive” to describe d2lod like the more they say it might actually make it true.

Barbs with ITH swords and buriza armors had no issues at all. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

except it is still true tho

so what’s your point? D2 lod is indeed still alive.

So laughable and sad at the same time.

People demand tons of buff and no nerfs. Same people also want 8player for more challenging endgame…

See what I mean?

1 Like

I don’t see posts demanding to buff sorcs and hammerdins. I see posts asking for more build diversity. See what the difference is?

That is because those already are op and faceroll the game. Like I said, they don’t want nerfs to these builds. So the game continue to be ez.

FYI, people have been asking for Sorc buffs.

To nerf well established builds in a 22 years old game isn’t an easy undertaking. It would be a huge kick in the butt for returning players who want to enjoy their beloved childhood build one more time.

In game theory, there is a better and preferred way to handle these situations. Instead of nerfing A, buff B. The end result would be the same, but people don’t feel betrayed.

Yes of course.
Bowamazon with hydra caring all :slight_smile:

you and I have different definitions of alive.

If you are OK with 5% of the peak population with a server that requires 20 min for someone to join a trade game, duel game, or rush game, then that’s your definition.

Years before D2R, Vanilla LOD was already a ghost town, and it was only being kept alive by the big mods.

1 Like