Dead game ? Just purchased

people just don’t realize how few games would have been made on d2lod if it wasn’t flooded with bots so they think their is something wrong with d2r when that is not the case. Only a tiny fraction of people spend a significant amount of time in public games because the game is poorly designed for coop play.

2 Likes

Depends on time of day for me but generally pretty busy

you mean me?

Nope, my case still stands. I used Alaska as an exaggerated example not realizing Alaska isn’t too far from BC and Washington. I know for a fact the game lists aren’t as populated as they were in 2003, my memory is good, I played before public bots were even a thing. Before you could fill up a random baal run, free game, etc, within 8 seconds. That doesn’t happen anymore unless you already have a run going.

People aren’t hiding in private games. It’s exactly as I said it was. I live in US West and played and had access to all US East games. That’s how it worked. Now we don’t have access to every game between 2 Realms, it’s split amongst several servers.

People aren’t hiding in private games. This is science fiction, you don’t want to challenge me on this David. That’s one hell of a mountain climb.

look up kodiak alaska and try again

this is also wrong they had ping limits in d2lod me and my friend tested it years ago after he moved to the east coast we saw different lists with both of us on us east severs.

this isn’t what is being compared, at the moment we are still playing on a 10 year old version of game balance.

The comparison is live d2lod to live d2r as that is far more comparable.

Of course you aren’t going to have numbers equal to the first couple years after the launch of a game or expansion 10-15 years later.

2.4 will bring real balance changes for the first time in over a decade and new items for the first time in over 16 years.

Once 2.4 goes live you can compare those numbers more fairly to 1.10 (2003) era numbers if you want.

me and a large number of people on my friends list have hundreds of hours already but less than 5-10 in public games.

go for it, prove to me that i don’t spend the vast majority of my time in a password protected game or that i am not a person.

1 Like

Yeah? That’s right beside Canada, BC, which has a lot of gamers. If he’s being connected to a server he would be connected to whatever BC is connected to and there are a decent amount of games from there.

Even if he’s further away he should still get a decent connection. I can still join US East games with minimal but playable latency.

My point still stands. We’re not split between two realms anymore, it’s divided by at least 2 - 4 now.

I don’t know if I believe this story. I highly doubt they had ping limits. That makes no sense because then me going from US West to US East, I would have seen 0 games. This is hogwash and a half. Actually I know it’s horse s***. We could go on D2 LOD right now and easily prove it.

This is all irrelevant bro.

There were hundreds of thousands of players on D2R on launch week/month. HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS.

Do you really think the game list would only refresh 1 - 2 new games every 15 seconds? OUTRAGEOUS.

Are you really going to spit in this guys face? And tell him everyone is in private games and that’s why he has 8 hour old games on his list?

1 Like

I don’t think this is the case tho. I am only seeing about 25 games for normal on d2r and like 5-6 games on nightmare.

I don’t have a char rushed on old D2, I just logged in to see. There was a handful of like item shop games in normal but the game list was still way more than what I am seeing on D2r…and botters aren’t farming normal.

Seems the rumor about only seeing locality games in the list is true and that is really disappointing and detrimental to the population…and makes no sense.

Also one of the like 6 NM games on D2r is over 44 hours old.

Why ?

Why didn’t they just leave it alone…I would much rather play with everyone in the US server than just 1-2 states around me, I mean I don’t even see trade games in d2r…and the channel system is absolute garbage compared to D2LOD.

Its clear something is wrong with the game list and it needs to be addressed. There is no way there are only 6 NM games on USEAST prime time every day. Feels like everything social about the game has been stripped away in D2R.

Also the /users function has been removed from D2R which I find odd.

Yes, this seems to feel like what is happening, instead of 2 realms it feels like it is divided up into way more than that according to the game list I am seeing.

Feels like its USWEST 1 2 3 4, East 1234…maybe more…

1 Like

LOFL
The over-inflated egos in this place…

4 Likes

I’ve been literally talking about how atrocious and dysfunctional the game-list has been since launch day and David decided to spit in my face by insinuating I have no idea what I was talking about. As if hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of people were all hiding in private games.

That was a direct challenge and a spit to my face.

I ignored that guy as he seems toxic but I think you are right about there being some kind of new splitting. Before we had 2 realms but it feels like either the game died already or we are split into way more than a few “shards” of realms…and that makes zero sense as to why they would do that.

1 Like

its not poorly design for cooperation play…the heck you talking bout ?

ppl rage quitting while still in A1 just cause their A3//A4 boss were kill are just plain stupid…it doesn’t make Andy quest impossible to complete cause of that …its just salt over something that dont even affect the act they’re currently on…it also dont prevent them from progressing if they just host a new room if they reach the later acts

while it doesn’t happen on normal and rarely on nightmare…its just whining over nothing rly…they feel screwed over despite it not even being the case…last few years been full of snowflakes unable to cop with minor time lost of a few seconds…its pathetic…never seen anyone whining years ago for things like that…and the hilariousness that some ppl feel entitled to be expecting someone rushing them 4 free at the cost of a lot of their time is sad
room host:oh no i lost 8 second of my time to rehost for later acts,what i’am i gonna do ?..person rushing 4 free: here take 20-30 mins of my time 4 free its on the house

Lots of folks still playing but the games list is normally messed up. I have two PCs on one one there will be 12 games listed, on the other 4. It just does not list every game. They are working on the server code so lets hope. Most the time I have no issues getting runs, if the list is small I start one and it almost always gets 8 by the 2nd or 3rd run. Just most that play are on private games most the time looking for doing mf runs.

it’s just you, the game list is always full all the time for me

I believe there is a bug they still haven’t fully addressed yet where the game list doesn’t populate properly in some cases. Typically you have to fully quit and re-launch to fix this.

Other things to try when playing in regions at non-peak times where there are less people on is to switch regions in the Blizzard launcher. I have a good internet connection so my pings to those regions are perfectly playable, so you can see more games during another region’s prime time.

The thing is broken. I was looking for a “free” game in normal to drop some stuff off and there were 5 games showing.

Just for kicks i logged out of D2R and restarted. Joined the lobby on one of my mules and there were 0 games.

Relogged again and this time there were 2 screens of games.

I would say nothing to do with location, just broken.

D2R has no Endgame. People has completed the game around 3 weeks upon its release.

There are no GRifts. Hell difficulty is not that hard as you can beat and faceroll the game with low/mid- quality runes.

If you seek for some very rare items with 0.000000001% chance to drop, it might take you a year or more to have it. If you are on this carrot-on-stick mechanics, more power to you.

But the rest of us, we have moved on already playing other games. On me, I am with Age Of Empires 4. I am planning to come back to World of WarCraft at the end patch of Shadowlands.

1 Like

I have yet to have my games list with nothing or little games. Mine is always full and keeps scrolling with new games bumping out others. So not sure what to tell ya.

False, D2 has plenty of endgame options, pick one that suits your liking and proceed… just because its a 20 year old game and you have done it all potentially, or done what you want, doesnt mean it doesnt have endgame, it just doesnt have what you want and you may have to move along, as alot of players have already.
This is likely a major reason they are introducing new content within the game with patch 2.4.

This aint D3.

Needs to be better scaled, but if you play with a team, it does get harder.
Alot of goals of end game rely on player count and with the current low player base, shotty game list and lobby system, it affects long term of this game.

1 Like

I see like 12 games on my list, but there are times where it bugs and I only see 4 or so. It’s bizarre.

1 Like

Anyone who plays WoW doesn’t have the privilege of criticizing a video game with any validity.