Day 12 without play

12 days without a fix for whatever the AVX problem is or even who to believe what the problem is. Because I am not a programmer, it seems so easy to revert the game initialization back to beta and it’s fixed. Wasn’t everyone able to log in and play during beta?
Having played in the Diablo games from the mid to late 1990s with Diablo, followed by D2, then LoD and D3, Blizzard always made sure their games loaded on every crap desktop ever made using the simplest game initialization. D2R broke that string by using script not present on a large percentage of desktops, laptops and other devices. No, I have not yet asked for a refund because I still expect Blizzard to wake up and fix D2R.

11 Likes

Hopefully we get an update today or tomorrow, whatever early this week means.

People who can play will tell you blizzard is working on it. Be patient. Lol. I just hope they can say so if they cannot play the game like us.

Wt blizzard is working is telling u they are working on it every 2-3 days again and again. And it already last for almost 2 week.

To be fair, I think the AVX problem only happens for people with hardware below the minimum requirements. They’re only fixing it so as many people can play the game. That’s what I’ve heard. Time for an upgrade ?

Ya, they changed the tone now

1 Like

I count every single day for the update. Hope they will not let us down :frowning:

Yes, sure, AVX was not stated as being required no doubt. But, correct me if I’m wrong, all hardware that doesn’t have AVX are below the minimum requirement, so, all the same.

was that not to do with some thing about peoples PCs being crappy?

Yes, basically what I’m saying. Their PC is below the minimum requirements anyway.

its not like it takes a highend system. maybe its time to upgrade their potatos

Nope. Not upgrading anything to play D2R. If Blizzard wants to exclude me as a customer. Thats fine. Im not desperately in need of giving them money.

I can rather buy newer games, and play them on my PC. Not a scrappy 2D game that gets a 3D facelift.

3 Likes

its not like they did not give a mini spec to play. go cry on a diffrent forum. if u can not run d2r I don’t think u are playing noew games lmao

Who is crying apart from you?

I have an older computer that is running an I7 3.33 extreme with a 3g Nvidia graphics card. I can run most games with minimum to no issues. Guildwars 2, Skyrim, Fallout 4, and several others. I’ve not upgraded because I haven’t found a reason to. It’s not my computer, it’s D2 that’s the problem. Telling people they need to upgrade because their PC’s are trash is highly unhelpful.

4 Likes

Would be nice if they did a blitz bug fixes fiesta for d2r …

I havent ran into many issues but i think blizzard could rush work and fix all those bugs so they can start gathering data on what they want to do with d2r and gather more info on what people would like for d4

Hey there OP. We got two updates today (Monday Oct 4th).

There is GOOD news finally! This is from the AVX Pinned thread at the top of the forum. They just updated it.

3 Likes

Did they stated it before launching?

Any processor manufactured in or after 2011 should not have this problem. I cannot believe Blizzard is even wasting time trying to figure this out when the System Requirements are clearly stated.

Like, upgrade your computer already…

1 Like

Hey there OP. We got two updates today (Monday Oct 4th).

Thank you MissCheetah

1 Like

Did they stated it before launching?

Yes. Since the system requirements were posted before launch.