Day 12 without play

Nope. Not upgrading anything to play D2R. If Blizzard wants to exclude me as a customer. Thats fine. Im not desperately in need of giving them money.

I can rather buy newer games, and play them on my PC. Not a scrappy 2D game that gets a 3D facelift.

3 Likes

its not like they did not give a mini spec to play. go cry on a diffrent forum. if u can not run d2r I don’t think u are playing noew games lmao

Who is crying apart from you?

I have an older computer that is running an I7 3.33 extreme with a 3g Nvidia graphics card. I can run most games with minimum to no issues. Guildwars 2, Skyrim, Fallout 4, and several others. I’ve not upgraded because I haven’t found a reason to. It’s not my computer, it’s D2 that’s the problem. Telling people they need to upgrade because their PC’s are trash is highly unhelpful.

4 Likes

Would be nice if they did a blitz bug fixes fiesta for d2r …

I havent ran into many issues but i think blizzard could rush work and fix all those bugs so they can start gathering data on what they want to do with d2r and gather more info on what people would like for d4

Hey there OP. We got two updates today (Monday Oct 4th).

There is GOOD news finally! This is from the AVX Pinned thread at the top of the forum. They just updated it.

3 Likes

Did they stated it before launching?

Any processor manufactured in or after 2011 should not have this problem. I cannot believe Blizzard is even wasting time trying to figure this out when the System Requirements are clearly stated.

Like, upgrade your computer already…

1 Like

Hey there OP. We got two updates today (Monday Oct 4th).

Thank you MissCheetah

1 Like

Did they stated it before launching?

Yes. Since the system requirements were posted before launch.

Even with AVX requirement?

System requirements made no mention of the AVX capability being required. Beta, including Open Beta that people used as a test/trial, ran without the AVX requirement.

There was no notice that they were changing hardware requirements post Beta - and in fact the Min system requirements they posted did not change.

People bought it because they could run it in Beta. If Blizz was going to change that they should have told people so they could get a refund before it even came out.

6 Likes

Even with AVX requirement?

Minimum Requirements

• Processor: Intel Core i3-3250 3.5GHz / AMD FX-4350
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7850 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
  • VRAM: 2GB
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • HDD: 30 GB
  • DirectX 11 Compatible Graphics Card

Yes. See that iCore 3, 3rd generation minimum requirement? That supports AVX as does any CPU manufactured in or after 2011.

This is untrue. Though there are not many of them, there are CPUs made recently without AVX.

This is untrue. Though there are not many of them, there are CPUs made recently without AVX.

You are correct. I should have been more specific. Any Gaming CPU made in or after 2011 supports AVX. However, any CPU that meets or exceeds the official minimum requirements will support AVX.

And sorry, I forget there are people still out there trying to game on pentium and celeron processors.

1 Like

Oddly enough, the Pentium ones work pretty well. I can’t speak for the Celeron ones, but when my motherboard died a few months ago and I had to replace everything on a budget, I picked up a Pentium Gold. I was always meant to be temporary, and I have my eye set on a nice i5 currently, but at the time a CPU for little over 100 dollars was too good to pass up. Despite its status, it runs everything I play very smoothly.

Hehe, it ran so well in fact that I got lazy upgrading to an “i” core.

But yeh, it is below the minimum requirements, and I do plan on upgrading. I’m okay with waiting to play D2 until then.

“I think the AVX problem only happens for people with hardware below the minimum requirements.”

this was never an intended req. so to be fair this is false.

Agree that AVX itself is not specified as a requirement, which I’ve said, but I’m talking about the hardware and the minimum requirements to play to game. Maybe I’m wrong so you can correct me. Tell me of any hardware that doesn’t support AVX but meets the minimum requirements. My understanding that is any hardware that doesn’t support AVX is so old that it is below the minimum requirements anyway.

I dont understand any of these “I can’t play” posts. I’ve been able to play the game since it released on a number of differently spec-ed computers. What’s causing this issue?

I’m just as clueless as you on this. I just downloaded the game a few hours ago, and got the black screen after PLAY. I can play other games like sekiro, dark souls 3, witcher 3, etc. on my laptop and I meet all minimum specifications. Tried all fixes I found on forums, still nada.

Hopping around threads now to see if anyone found a fix. I could be more patient if my problem was framerate or something, but I can’t even start it.