Daily Unique upgrade rework #7: Blood crescent

what is Unique upgrade rewor: Tldr it’s the concept that upgrading a Unique should also upgrade its affixes, each Unique having a Normal/exceptional/elite version*

Improvements to the Unique are based on its current version and the Spirit of it, it’s perceived lore. These upgrades version are not focussed on power but rather creating a diverse endgame itemization opening a vast selection of build enabling and build enhancing uniques

Today’s Unique upgrade, Blood crescent scimitar

From

Blood crescent normal

+60-80% Enhanced Damage (varies)

33% Chance of Open Wounds

15% Increased Attack Speed

15% Life Stolen per Hit

All Resistances +15

+15 to Life

+4 to Light Radius

To

Blood crescent exceptional

+160-180%Enhanced Damage (varies)

10% chance to summon Flying scimitar on kill

15% Life Stolen per Hit

All Resistances +20

+50 to Life

+4 to Light Radius

To finally

Blood crescent elite

+180-200%Enhanced Damage (varies)

(0.5 Per Character Level) 1-50To Damage (Based On Character Level)

10% chance to summon Flying scimitar on kill(copy of the weapon)

15% Life Stolen per Hit

All Resistances +25

+100 to Life

+4 to Light Radius

——————

Changes detail:
  • doubled the values unchanged affixes

• The blood theme is already well represented and easily scalable so i didnt went that route and instead went for a theme around the Item base, the Scimtar

• since it’s a scimitar, I added the famous “flying scimitar” skill to it to generate a Very very unique mechanic to the item

• note that the flying scimitar are “copies” of the current version of the Unique but not totally, they don’t spawn other scimitars, they benefit from the dps, resist, leech, life

• before somebody whines that 10% is too high, you have to be able to build an army before a boss otherwise it’s a useless weapon and you have to account that more of them you have the less kills you get therefor the less you create

• added damage*lvl affix to make it hell viable

————

As always, values# are there for demonstration purpose, it’s the affixes, mechanics & themes that are the topic

———————

If you want a certain Unique to be reworked through the upgrade system, please share which one, it’ll be fun to thinker on how to make it more interesting and endgame viable

———————

Extra info on the concept:

Hell is the real difficulty, norm and NM are tuned down difficulty to train and progress. Your character when you first spawn in hell A1 is the start of the real story, norm and nm only there to simulate the progression your hero did before arriving at the rogue camp. Meaning all previous tiers, norm& exceptional, are tuned down and only there for gameplay purpose. Upgrade recipe allows them to gain back their true nature

Lore wise, there is no such thing as norm/nm/hell as much as normal/exceptional/elite. Everything is on the same tier, so it makes sense that if there is an elite version of Death web there is an elite version of Ice blink with hell capabilities*

Meaning a Normal Unique/sets now has a Exceptional and elite version

To:

+2 to All Necromancer Skill levels

+60-80% Enhanced Damage (varies)

100% Chance of Open Wounds (Very underpowered already)

Prevent Monster Heal (More use against bosses)

25% Increased Attack Speed

15% Life stolen per Hit

Replenish Life +10

All Resistances +15

+4 to Light Radius

5% Chance to cast a level 10 Life Tap On Striking

Don’t think you understand the concept

This isn’t adding affixes to a unique item

It’s upgrading its affixes through the upgrade recipe from normal to exceptional to elite

With the goal of making lacklustre early items endgame viable

This is what you believe the goal of the thread to be, conceptually.

This is the actual exercise of the entire idea vector. Therefore, my idea is keeping in line with the concept of making early items endgame viable.

I think just changing the affixes is not enough, due to how some affixes are greatly underpowered compared to others. I’d rather approach the idea laterally, instead of strictly linear. Cheers.

Pretty sure I know what the premise of my own thread is lol

Need I add, the original form of those uniques have been preserved

I’m not here to judge if those uniques are decent for when you can start using them, I’m here to give them a chance to last and evolve through the difficulties… as I said, there is technically no normal nor nightmare difficulty as much as there is no normal nor exceptional items in the world of the game… hell and Elites are the true and only ones