D2R - The application encountered an unexpected error - logs?

Yesterday I pressed “Play” and nothing happened.
Today I press “Play” and a window outline appears for a couple of seconds before disappearing and I get the unexpected error dialogue.

PC spec is
i7-950
GTX970
12GB RAM

So CPU is older than minimum but is OC’d so should be fine. It is unclear as to whether CPU requirements are for speed or instructions.

If anyone is interested, the Report ID I just got was 9BB885BA-D0D0-472C-A96C-2831F4DB9EE1

A couple of questions;
Are there any other logs I can refer to that might shed some light on this?
What is the time limit on getting a refund?

Thanks

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I noticed this is a pre-2011 CPU. I think this case is related to this thread we are tracking. We will be posting updates there as we receive them.

Thanks again for reaching out to us. We hope to have more info soon!

1 Like

Since I purchased the game I get “The application has encounter an unexpected error.” every time I click on Play. Report ID: C92E9032-5C6D-4F1D-9063-AD4581A40241

Processor AMD Phenom™ II X4 945 Processor 3.01 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎6/‎4/‎2020
OS build 19043.1237
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

I have same issue. I bought the game Mar. 30 and have tried to start the game multiple times. I unistalled it and reinstalled hoping that was the issue but it isn’t. If I can’t play the game I’d like a refund but I can’t get Blizzard support to respond. I have Diablo 3 and it works quite well.

Diablo 3 has nothing to do with the hardware requirements from d2r. They are much higher. Try to refund as fast as possible.