D2R Additional Licence

No, you really don’t need the extra character slots. You’re hoarding too much stuff on battle.net. Charsi all those uniques and sets. There’s no need to hold onto Isenhart set.

1 Like

I bought my first copy for full price and second copy for 40% off around thanksgiving. Totally worth it if you have 2 laptops. I rush myself. I MF with Cold and Light sorc. etc.

dood, you can run more than 1 copy off 1 machine, i run 5 off 2… just need ram.

lol, well played Blizzard.

Now those people that considered quitting will most likely rebuy the game.

2 Likes

That’s kinda the rub with capitalism, or north America’s version anyways, can’t put it past them if it will increase quarter results.

Although I do have an issue with people saying they are behind spam bots, that’s clearly a bit much.

As far as the character question goes, hey if you have the money and the means then go for it. An extra character to help do things, buffs, rushes, etc does help. If you buy 3 you could increase your games player count. Or 5 or 7 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve always had the impression the reason the bots don’t enter actual games and spam away like they used to is because they were generously given some leeway in the main channel lobby. Also if they actually did spam our games, Blizzard would be forced to take more drastic action because it would be unacceptable to everyone.

Lol, that’s just what I feel from observation. Impossible to say if that’s the case or not. Either way, I’m just happy we are getting a lobby update.

It is bizarre how ineffective they have been but I genuinely think there are background flaws in the lobby that allow it to happen so readily.

At least that makes some sense to me because it is not a good image at all. If it’s a matter of relying too much on automation and there just arent human eyes to see it, well that’s scarier.

I always just think in the end, in 2001 they could have mods roaming the chats and engaging in a limited fashion with the common folk. Now it’s crickets, everything is automated, when things go wrong it’s like youre yelling down an empty hallway.

Alright rant over.

1 Like

It’s the Battle.net Summer Sale, not specific to D2R. Maybe a bit convenient though, yes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe, but I’ve worked in enough corporations to know some table suit could have seen the proposed ban wave, the summer sale date, and went well if we moved it a bit later in the ladder…win?

Not saying it’s true, but believable, but I’m jaded by life experience, I have seen sketchy stuff all in the hope of a better quarter. But at this point I’m railing against capitalism in general so I’ll shut up :slight_smile:

Edit:wording

2 Likes

better buy 2 extra. for that 3 players bonus to xp and loot in online games.

If you are playing legit, I don’t recommend more than 2 accounts. :wink:

Thanks for the responses. Yes I play legit; I’m not about automation. I only have one PC, which means I can only be logged into one account at a time.

To be honest, I don’t hoard the low level sets like isenheart. But I do keep some of the higher uniques and greens in case I want to try a new or unique build and it’s easier than having to farm for it again or trade up.

I recall someone’s response to having a really good PC to run two accounts on it; why? I mean, I would assume HDD space would be the issue and not RAM right?

So if you run, say, 2 copies on one PC, you just Alt-Tab between windows to rush lvl yourself for the socket quests? And roll an Enchant sorc and similar for those pesky high immunes? (ie. just did a run on my Lightning Trapsin and even with Infinity on Merc, the skellies in Burial Ground were largely undamaged)

No it is indeed RAM, d2r is quite memory intensive. Try it, like i said whether you use process explorer, VM or multiple windows users, it takes a lot of memory. If you don’t have enough good luck keeping 2 windows up for more than a few minutes before one or either crash.

yessir, i would use a BO barb as a second if i only had 2 though, infinitely stronger than a CTA.

but with my 5 i have bo barb, enchant sorc, 2 loaders and my sorc. it’s pretty efficient for solo 5p drops (which is honestly a huuuuge boost compared to p1-p2)

I can’t recommend it. I bought two copies myself, full price. Now, I don’t use either… :wink:

1 Like

If you play coming seasons, I guess you’ll have to delete characters.

Has Blizzard given news about it?

Buy a new license, it would be good to have multiple licenses on the same account.

I hope Blizzard is going to do something in regards to characters limits. It’s rather sad to delete a lvl 99 character.

1 Like

Does that need to run in VM or can you run natively in Windows?

the info is right here on the forum, you only need a program that’s like a super task manager.

1 Like

Oh, thanks, that is good news :smile: