Create game fails

Just posting here to say I am getting “Failed to join” game too when I hit “Play” at the character selection screen. Not complaining as I know issues like this happen on a launch day but wanted to just add me to the list.

and back to the original problem…

1 Like

it either says “character in game” or goes to a black screen in which I have to close the game from task manager.

What a product.

Reset your servers please

So is the current solution to just make a new character because of how long this could potentially take to fix? I haven’t tried that but I already hit 19 A3 on hc. Playing the waiting game could backfire.

If there were the case, why would Blizzard games historically have been riddled with garbage launches?

I was only lvl 6 so I tried making a new character, it doesn’t work, either you get failed to join or just a black screen and the only way to fix that issue is to force close D2R from task manager.

Not surprising. but we should stop accepting it.

2 Likes

That would be nice and all if my game actually launched. Launching > Play now > Play.

Bummer, oh well was worth a try but sounds like you already tested for us.

Edit: Double checked and tested myself. Creating a new character just results in more errors trying to either create or join public games like he said. So whatever is causing it is related to the entire account not just the character.

My original character always gets an error about already being in a game or not being found on the server.

Random other characters I create either get an actual load-screen and then fail to join booted back to character screen, a non-specific error to create game, not found on server OR the most fun, a permanent black screen that you can only get out of by killing the games process.

2 Likes

Imagine if every product boeing released had the same issues. Same with samsung.

Its okay cuz its blizzard though right? Just because sometimes games have launch troubles, doesnt mean its acceptable. Just like boeing and samsung. You are part of the problem by suggesting consumers get blame shifted into accepting failure on easy to complete work.

You get a grip; you have very poor logic–how do you survive your day lol.

2 Likes

“Failed to enter game. This character is already in a game on the server. Please try again.”
Trying another character gets me to “Failed to join game”.

Been like this for 2 hours now.

Don’t investigate it, fix it.

im simultaneously talking in lobby chat while, “not found on server” and “already in a game”

this launch is beyond garbage

i have never lost my characters in any game due to a server error, especially the second time in a row after the so-called “maintenance”

and you can check my btag to make sure i’ve seen a lot of garbage launches in my life

and to kick a dead horse one more time: this game is 20 years old, so even the term “launch” does not really apply to it

update: it appears the complaints are working, my character magically came back to my account and i can continue playing

same. yet others power ahead of us

Our characters are great at multi-tasking today.

yes they need tgo feed the hamsters

is there some kind of different server hosting twitch streamers? how is it they are making games leaving games levelling up while the rest are locked out

1 Like