"create characaters of different types"

DEVELOPER COMMENTS: To help us test these database changes, we encourage players to play and log in and out A LOT. Furthermore, it would be helpful if players could creator characters of different types (Hardcore, Classic, etc.). This will assist us in gauging the fix on our end. We’ll be providing players with level 99 characters for their first journey in the public test realm.

Currently the set of characters provided for testing on the PTR fills up all of the slots, which means in order to try to stress the server by doing as the devs asked, we need to delete some of those characters.

Can you perhaps consider raising the maximum number of characters allowed?

2 Likes

I moved all of my Tokens of Absolution off the tokens mule and deleted that character to allow more creation.

I agree, what we were given didn’t really allow us to test logins for multiple campaign types.

Maybe if they let us change that feature at each login for a character it might help? Might be overly complicated though too. But having some open character slots would help. Kind of like having a tiny bit of open inventory space would help with playing the game.

Odd. I couldn’t respec any of the characters lol.

1 Like

All of the premade characters have respecs available on Akara on all difficulties, and there is a character called “Tokens” whose entire inventory and stash is filled with respec tokens.

Crazy idea. Delete one or two.

I just deleted them all, then made a bunch… everything is working fine they need to get on with PTR 2.4 that way ther will actually be a decent amount of players on the server to actually see if it can handle stress

I literally tried the Akara quest, but it never worked. And I didn’t have a char names Tokens, I’ve looked over and over. I tried respec on every character I played, but it was stuck. That’s really weird

1 Like

I mean, I shouldn’t have to do that, on the PTR or anywhere else, I realize that the amount of data that has to be transferred affects server load, but you aren’t accessing this information constantly, only when you are online and return to the character select screen. It’s not that unusual to hit the maximum character limit between all the different character types and the different classes etc. so I really think it would benefit a lot of people to lift this limit.

I also just find it funny that they were actually telling us to delete characters they provided in order to make room for new ones they were providing.

Well it is still a good way to mess whit the database, which is the whole point of this PTR.

If the token character doesn’t appear, delete one of the other characters provided then log in again and it should appear.

1 Like