Crashes due to video card/drivers?

Guaranteed crash if I let the barrage of catapult fire rain down after killing Shenk. I’ll crash other times, sure. But this is one I know I can replicate without fail, so far.

Anyone else have this same issue?

my game/client crashes from time to time, i was doing some nm travincal runs on my sorc and the client crashed… i couldnt alt f4 the game, save and exit, nothing. glad i had a remote desktop barb and i used to rescue my sorc which after a whole 1 min she got dc. im playing hc btw. this game is sadge

Was it on the council? They use a lot of fire graphics.

What video card are you running? I’m using a 10g 3080 with the latest driver (496.13)

ive also crashed on shenk im running a 2080 ti

Hey ChopCity, have you experienced any crashes while playing your Barb? I play HC as well and I’ve had 3 crashes on my Sorc and none on my barb. Both 80.

I’m wondering if it’s related to the Sorc, as all 3 crashes happened while using a lightning skill. I’m just trying to figure out if there’s some kind of pattern so I can avoid it.

I hope Blizz is reading these

yes

please dont laugh. onboard vcard amd radeon r7 series haha. Maybe its me… but if you are having issues with an ati 3080 10gb… maybe its the game, maybe its my crappy PC. who knows

btw im playing on the old client

None i think, its a shared account between my clan, we have 1 PC 24/7 with this BO barb that we use to farm some content.

i lost 6 sorcs due to server/client crashing… so id assume its a only sorc problem tho

You’re playing using the old client? Not resurrected?

RTX 3080, not ATI. Sorry

It may not be a sorc problem. It may be the heavy lightning/fire graphics. I’m playing a pally, not sorc, which is why I say this

Wouldn’t matter if they were, they already have our money and they runnin with it.

it looks likes it was fixed today:

STABILITY AND PERFORMANCE

*** Fixed a crash that could occur when using the legacy toggle after extended play sessions**

• Fixed a crash that could occur when the Korean IGR playtime warning UI would appear (PC Only)
  • Fixed a crash that could occur after launching the game with no existing settings file (PC Only)
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when binding passive abilities to the interact button
  • Stability improvements in the effects system
  • Stability improvements on game shutdown
  • Fixes to localizations and subtitles
  • Other minor crash/stability fixes

so far 0 crashes

Those are last week fixes.

Most crashes seems to be graphic related and I’ve found that reducing graphic settings to the lowest delays/prevents crashes significantly, also the game doesn’t looks much different between lowest and max, strangely.

where are your reading this from?
I don’t see any new patch today.

Neverminded your posting info in a patch note from two prior patches.
dear lord man!

Can confirm, no crash. But I wouldn’t say that it doesn’t look much different. It’s noticeable, but playable.

I crashed all the time in Act 4/5 and but almost never in 1-3.

Also getting blue-screen crashes and not just game crashes, which does not happen in any other game.

I’ll try toning down the graphics settings, but my god this is frustrating!

I never got a single BSOD while playing D2R, these are more serious crash that are usually driver or hardware related.

Agree. If you’re having BSODs, it’s not with the game.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.