Crafted Throwing Weapons Question

Is crafting throwing weapons possible now? For instance blood recipe? Or is it still stuck with Axes?

Haven’t made a throw Barb in years.

Yea and Nope, you are limited to throwing axe and jav, but it’s always gonna be bad

Sadly

And this is another reason why it should change

Weapon restriction on crafting should just be abolished

1 Like

Yes it is.

Thought it wasn’t, but just read it is, so I guess good news :stuck_out_tongue:

Safety Weapon

Magical Spear

• Jewel (any)
  • Sol Rune (#12)
  • Perfect Emerald Safety Weapon

Preset Mods:
Reduced Damage 1-4
Reduced Magic Damage 1-2
+5-10% Defense

Works with Throwing Spear (and as far as I know Javelin).

You can make Blood Throwing Axes, and Safety Throwing Javelins.

Blood Axes have the possibility of coming out with some of the highest ED in the game (510% possible I think), along with life leach, and other nice rare affixes (like IAS and +2 to Barb Skills). So they can definitely be GG.

You could even use them with ethereal throwing axes, what with Barbs able to replenish through throwing crits.

However, like all crafting recipes those GG throwing axes have only a small possibility of rolling.

1 Like

Thats a new one for me, might give the thrower a second chance then (would have eventually when I would have found the right uniques, this just sounds like an interesting way).

Crafts can’t roll ethereal unfortunately, even if you use an ethereal item in the recipe.

Ethereal magic items don’t stay ethereal when crafted but that would be cool i guess.

Ahh, I didn’t realize that. I guess Imbuing an ethereal is the way to go then.

Sadly crafting removes Ethereal mod. If they fixed it to stay Ethereal, this could be a great and best way to get GG weapons for Throwbarbs early and endgame too. No runewords hunting, new way of life.