Comprehensive Wishlist for Future Patch

We also need a overhaul to the DClone system. Selling SOJs is dumb, and having to be online at the exact time he spawns is dumb. Make it more like ubers where you can farm what you need to spawn him. How about make us play the game instead of waiting in afk games all day in hopes he spawns and our game doesnt crash

4 Likes

Nicely written, well organized and sensible. While I don’t agree with everything, at least you’re trying to come with ideas in a sensible way. I like that, you have my upvote.

Two small notes though

In principle a great idea, but if it means potentially losing the loot like the wraith in in the Sanctuary act 2, that’s going to be a problem.

Lastly, the Currency Tab creation is a QoL improvement (which I agree with), but the 20+ characters slot is just a basic requirement for several people to play more. I’m personally not keen to delete a character I’ve spend hours to bring up to level 90+ just so I can try Ladder.

7 Likes

wow he put much effort in his topic^^ oO holy cow*G
related to skills: NO buffs.
this game is already way to easy.

Most of the skill buffs are for sub-par abilities and/or allows for more build diversity, nothing that would significantly change the meta. I’m also requesting a modest buff to act bosses to make the boss battles more engaging.

3 Likes

I propose that Fissure will now have Physical damage.

The one buff fire druids need

2 Likes

Hmm not so sure we really need more monsters but I did propose adding the Butcher in a special Forgotten Tower that is accessed via Cube Recipe. Namely Wirt’s Leg + Tome of Identify(to play off the Secret Cow level recipe). Instead of warping to an area with lots of Cows, you basically warp to a mini mock-up of Tristram’s Cathedral(Diablo 1 themed) with various Diablo 1 foes along with an occasional Cow MOOOTIVATED to attack you. At the BF5(level 5), you’ll have a layout similar to the Countess but instead of facing her, you’ll face the Butcher. He’ll be Fire Immune, have Holy Fire and Blaze skills to go along with an effective Stun that will allow him to hack and slash until you’re slaughtered beyond recognition. I didn’t think of what he would drop so feel free to get creative here.

My ideas ← in case you want to take a look.

I do want to note though that Crown of Ages(aka CoA) DOES NOT NEED A BUFF. CoA is one of the best Helms in the game for what it yields… it does not need more OP stats such as CBF or Crushing Blow. You do that and no one in their right mind would use anything else since a double Ber CoA can give up to 31% DR(that’s godly from Helm slot) while double Um or 15/15’s can give upwards of 60 All Resistance(which again is godly from the Helm slot…).

Also Obsession needs more than what you’re proposing. You’d need upwards of 15-20% Cold Skill, 20-30% Fire Resistance and 20-30% Lightning Resistance for it to remotely be competitive with 1-H/Shield set-ups. The MF part isn’t really needed either save for what you get from Ist.

2 Likes

Comprehensive Wish list for future patches:

Make it so that I can join peoples games. If anyone in the entire world makes a game, I want to be able to see it and join it.

That’s all.

Spirit keeper is to OP. I think they shouldnt add it in game.

The idea of Spirit Keeper is sound, just need the stats tweaked to make it balanced, which was mentioned as a disclaimer. Having a new shadow plate armor that is competitive vs. Enigma is a good thing, just need to ensure the item is exceptionally rare.

1 Like

CURRENCY TAB is a pass from me. I like the physical act of moving stuff around and arranging it. Never liked Currency tabs.

The cut content stuff seems mostly cut for a reason. The Butcher was probably just a stand in for The Smith during development. Annoying blowy up enemies are kinda of just a waste of time. Dog eneies of pretty generic as were probably cut for that reason. The Quill Bear thing is “okay” I guess. Mosquito Nests were probably cut because they’d be impossible for Physical characters on hell to deal with in a normal playthrough in hell… ect ect

Those items look like developer mock ups for runewords that didn’t make it, not actually items.

No thanks on Concentrate on barb. Smite is busted already and should be nerfed if anything, smite on a barb would be next level busted.

Sorc needs zero buffs, and a number of nerfs.

Act 5 merc needs to stick to swords. We don’t need Act 5 Mercs running around with Last Wish + Beast.

Changing Tyrael’s Might is like changing the color of a Unicorn. You’ll never see one so it doesn’t matter.

We don’t need to be buffing items in general, we need to lower the outliers. Games already too easy.

Poison on Andy is kind of irrelevant. Poison can’t kill you, is easily removed with an antidote, or opening a TP, and takes too long to be lethal.

The Duriel change makes sense… but prob isn’t worth dev time as he’s a kill once and ignore boss.

Mephisto moating is just such a “classic” thing that frankly I’d rather it just be left in.

Diablo lighting doesn’t really change anything other than just making him annoying. I’d rather see his melee actually do something.

Baal just being more annoying doesn’t do much other than him being more annoying.

I don’t think buffing the prime evils is the way to go as there is such a gap in power between a playthrough character and a GG character that if you buffed every single thing about them 5x… they’d still be easy as crap to a geared character. They’d be about impossible for a normal gameplay playthrough though. There is no middle ground there.

Currency tab is fine. If you don’t want to use it, you don’t use it. Simple.

6 Likes

Simple rebuttal, if you don’t want to use a currency tab then don’t use it. Meanwhile the vast majority of the community would welcome a currency tab to improve inventory management across the board.

7 Likes

Ya, the play button on the character select screen is convenient but it did lead to the lobby being less of a focal point. Pretty subjective if you think the play button is an upgrade cause it basically just allowed players to skip the lobby and the games list is no longer the first thing that everybody sees.

I’m pretty reluctant on a currency tab. Sure, it might be nice for the short term but I have some doubts as to if it would be a good change overall. Maybe, it’s not such a great idea to let people stack 87 p topazes and 432 rals, these items are often valuable partly because there is a cost to holding them so people use them when they pile up or stop picking them up.

As for balance changes, I am also skeptical that a fan posting on the forum has written out optimal balance changes; not every weak skill needs to be as strong as the best skills. Let 2.4 soak in for at least 6-8 months before we start jacking with more balance changes.

1 Like

Exactly this. I was severely disappointed they kept the original “sell Stones of Jordan” system they initially put in place, which was only to get rid of duped Stones of Jordan…but then just encouraged those people to do it more, thus having the opposite effect.

Change it to be a rare Hell-only drop (roughly the equivalent of a mid tier rune or so), where selling/consuming that drop spawns a personal Uber Diablo.

And while we’re on the topic of Ubers, let’s finally give a use for the Standard of Heroes, that level 90 “charm” that provides no benefit. Let it be used in a cube recipe that rerolls an item, or perhaps add a random modifier or enhance a random modifier, one use per item.

3 Likes

or just remove the clone and make anni a chance drop from all the ubers. including lilith, uber izual and uber duriel.

I’d like to see Druid pets stay closer and get better at acquiring targets. Right now they’re trash without a teleport charge. Can get 2 full screens away before they auto tele to you. The animals also rub off on the merc, can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen merc and bear just watching and doing absolutely nothing.

1 Like

Or change it to all ‘unique rings sold to merchants’. Can’t even get SoJ’s to wear without selling your first born in a trade.

2 Likes

Today the small patch actually already fixed the Valkyrie sound bug. :slight_smile:

But another small change I’d like to see: When playing with controller and in menu, bind the “Play” button to a controller button. Strangely, delete character and convert character are bound to some key for quick access, which I don’t do that frequently. But for starting a game I have to navigate using the joystick or arrow keys to the “Play” button.

I can officially say, my opinion has changed. I would love to see something specific for currency. Just to store… I mean dang.

I would love to see some item improvements like you have mentioned. Nothing outrageous, but just making things like The Grandfather really feel like an alternative endgame weapon.

3 Likes

I’m impressed that I don’t generally disagree with anything in here. 100% think they will do lobby’s and currency tab in the next two big patches. Probably get both by season 2, just my speculation.

Edit: They enhanced the game list since I posted this. I still think they need to do more work on the lobby/channel portion though they did enhance the list significantly.

5 Likes