Comprehensive Wishlist for Future Patch

In the section “INTRODUCE CUT CONTENT” in the OP, I’m proposing to the developers to add a Guild System, which is among D2’s original cut content and intended to add a layer of progression to the endgame, with particular focus on multiplayer.

Also, I’m proposing for a new optional zone “The Black Tower” added to the City of the Damned area in Act 4. Act 4 is the shortest in the game with three quests and no optional zones. Map tileset would be similar to the beauitful Pandemonium Fortress.

2 Likes

I agree adding unique abilities to unique items would be super fun, they have to be extremely careful about it.

Avoid % damage boosts to skills all together. A bow that makes it so multi-shot hits twice or a bow that doubles the freeze time on freezing arrow is amazing on it’s own, you don’t need to tack a 360% increased skill damage to it as well.

The outrageous power creep from D3 should be avoided in D2, and “increasing the strength of corpse Explosion by 100%” is a road i don’t want to go down.

Bring back 6 socket armors!

It was just an example of making an item more unique. I agree that it should be done very carefully, the goal is to have truly unique, even build-enabling, not overpowered uniques.

Agreed. The last thing we need is outrageous power creep and should be completely avoided in D2R. With that said, if done carefully, could be a welcome change.

I agree

Adding items and balancing stuff is giving a bottle of water to somebody in the desert

Adding endgame activities is drilling him a well of abondant fresh water which also allows him to grow crops and breed animals

We need over powered uniques to compete with op rune words! The dev team for 1.10 gave us op stuff like grief, dragon, and fortitude. We can hope that D2R has item revamps for uniques in the future. Competition for most op items in a patch.

And people will still cry

Hell, I proposed buff to uniques that was still weaker than runeword

And people cried that it was Op lol

No. We need truly unique uniques whose will compete with runewords thanks to their unique affixes (see examples). Runewords still will be pinnacle of raw power.

Other quick example - White wand created in +3 Bone Spear +3 Corpse Explosion +3 some useful curse outcompetes other equipment choices for Bonemancer, and that is fine. However, imagine Boneshade will get additional affix “Your Teeth, Bone Spear and Bone Spirit are double cast after 0.1s” - now the choice is not that simple.

Well, I hope my proposed buffs to uniques in the OP are reasonable and done with a measured hand to avoid any power creep.

Maps like - Infernal pit or Abaddon Pit could they add more like, red portals who are in every acts =) goes to diffrents of map areas could be lvl 85 =)) Same dropp chance and no new items, i think end gaming can be more fun =)

2 Likes

As the developers increased the area levels and monster density of red portals in Act V: Abaddon, Pit of Acheron, and Infernal Pit in 2.4, I had an idea to make the red portals more exciting farming locations by adding a chance to randomly spawn a previous act boss (non-Ubers) in the red portals, such as:

• Act I: Andariel
  • Act II: Duriel
  • Act III: Mephisto
  • Act IV: Diablo

This change could add more endgame opportunities as players would want to explore these red portals while MFing, making these zones potentially very rewarding.

I’d like to see some kind of endgame system like maps in Path of Exile - big, randomly generated map based on some theme with a boosted boss at the end. An example theme - Tower from Black Marsh with a uber Countess, which can drop all runes, and have guaranteed to drop at least 2, with some minimum quality.
Other good option would be Uber Travincal.

1 Like

Oh yeah

Everything bellow enigma for armor and grief for weapon isn’t power creep haha

Nope. They are just wastes of development time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally only “new” items I’d care to see are some new rings. Grief is only a Lo really so adding mid tier runeword weapons is kind of pointless unless they are like claw only or something.

I “guess” you could add some mid tier armor stuff… but I just don’t really see anything they could add that would be useful. Helm options are already strong enough that nothing you add with even see consideration.

Some wiggle room with boots/gloves.

Personally I’d rather they spend that time knocking sorc/pally down a peg and smooth out druid gameplay.

Agreed, it would be cool to have maps as additional endgame content. By placing the maps in the Horadric Cube with a Tome of Identify, the map is consumed in the process and a red portal created with a very difficult instance (e.g. maybe area level 90 with numerous monster modifers) and guarded by an Uber boss at the end, such as:

Maps (Endgame Content)

• Burial Grounds = Uber Blood Raven
  • Forgotten Tower = Uber Countess
  • Arcane Sanctuary = Uber Summoner
  • Sewers = Uber Radament
  • Maggot Lair = Uber Coldworm
  • Spider Cavern = Uber Sszark The Burning
  • Travincal = Uber Council Members
  • Arreat Summit = Uber Guardians
  • Halls of Vaught = Uber Nihlathak
3 Likes

That’s exactly what I had in mind! :+1: These areas could be even lv95 for some reasonable XP gain for endgame toons.
And Uber Ancient Guardians might be just epic^^

1 Like

I would remove immunites or tone them down honestly. Or buff/give class elemental masteries.

Uber Difficulty would be cool as well.

Act 4 does need more stuff and a full 16 level dungeon (cathedral) would be cool but I doubt we will see that kind of content added.

Nah… i hated when they added maps in PD2 and I would hate it in D2R

Boring mechanic with no imagination

Immunities need to go

Such a bad mechanic

1 Like