Comprehensive Wishlist for Future Patch

i think this would make runewords more dominant and make more unique items useless. preferably add improvements to set items and unique items. like enlightenment would make vipermagi less useful. splendor is decent used on necro shields. i think it would be cool if ethereal boots improved kick damage. and maybe you could get some crushing blow rolls on crafted blood boots.

1 Like

Just cant get behind this. It is not a smiter, it is a melee character. Needs to keep attack rating to hit.

Just imagine them screwing something like this up… SO your barbarian is now going to be using highlords deadly strike with his damage and hitting like a smiter . Thats not even close to balanced.

I think improving the viability of lackluster runewords (e.g. Myth) offers more build diversity and would not have any significant impact to the meta as the endgame remains unchanged with Grief, Enigma, Fortitude, Spirit, etc.

I agree with you that rare uniques (e.g Tyrael’s Might, Mang Song’s Lesson, The Grandfather) need to be buffed as to not be completely outclassed by runewords. I have an entire section UNIQUE ITEM CHANGES in OP that details proposed changes so they have relevance in endgame.

myth is not lacklustre. and it’s very cheap for the power it offer. highest rune hel is around 7% chance drop by nightmare countess. hardly endgame. please don’t tunnel vision endgame to much. the leveling journey is very important to many of us. i don’t think we should make changes that make the meta builds stronger. preferably focus more on item improvements that make weak / underused skills more viable.

Nice post , very detailed would just like to add that alternative options for certain runewords and items.

Even with the changes to GF sword its still garbage really compared to even an eth Oath in PvE.

Monarchs - more option - id delete it myself - spirit is a busted runeword
Grief - is busted - why use anything else.
Enigma - other option via a jewel or new items.

Tyreals should beat every arm in game imo , give it 4 sockets and 1 teleport, random pally aura lvl 10.

Very nice post.

1 Like

Here are my suggestions for necromancer, druid and new craft option, maybe you can catch something from these into the wish list.

1 Like

paladins already kill diablo extremly slow compared to many other characters. it seems to me this is achieving nothing but to make 97-99 paladin grind more stressful because timings are already tight in fast runs. if at all, increase his lightning res.

and this change cant be justified by “making it easier or more fun” for more casual player so this is the opposite of a QoL change for pretty much everyone.

+1 for effort. thoughtful post fun read.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I added to the OP a proposed buff to Golem Mastery. Hopefully with a % bonus to AR instead of flat bonus, new added damage bonus, and the ability to summon additional golems would make the Golemancer build viable. Thoughts?

• Golem Mastery - grants 10% AR per level instead of flat 25 AR per level. Also, now adds 5% damage per level and allows you to summon an additional golem every 10 levels
1 Like

I’m sorry, but Myth is currently utter garbage. I recommend replacing the useless chance to cast howl/taunt with a bonus to warcries and mana per kill as shown below. This would make this runeword a good choice for the Singer barb for the mid-game…

• Myth Runeword
    Hel - Amn - Nef
    +2 To Barbarian Skill Levels
    +30 Defense Vs. Missile
    Replenish Life +10
    Attacker Takes Damage of 14
    Requirements -15%
    • Add +1-3 To Warcries (Barbarian Only)
    • Add +5 Mana Per Kill

I think the proposed buffs of removing indestructible, adding 2-4 open sockets, and small bonus to experience would definitely strengthen The Grandfather. This would allow you to find a 4os Eth Grandfather that you can socket a Zod with three 40 ED/15 IAS jewels…

The Grandfather
Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: (62-87) To (164-474)
Two-Hand Damage: (145-203) To (289-649)
Required Level: 81
Required Strength: 189
Required Dexterity: 110
Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed
+150-250% Enhanced Damage
+2-247 To Maximum Damage (Based On Character Level)
+50% Bonus To Attack Rating
+80 To Life
+20 To All Attributes
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Remove Indestructible
    • Add 2-4 Open Sockets
    • Add 5% To Experience

Well, we need to start with something, and this looks fine :+1:

1 Like

I agree with many of your changes except for the boss changes.

Unfortunately this will not likely be passed simply because you forgot the age old rule, you must buff the paladin😂

1 Like

what other level 32 unique / set / runeword armor do you think is better then myth for barb? 2 to all skills from myth improves skill damage, mastery / increased speed / natural resistance, bo (life, mana). it’s fine for the level. and there are better options once you get better runes. i think we should improve Arkaine’s Valor / Skullder’s Ire instead.

Yea and no

That’s what should happen

Lore wise there is no normal/nm/hell

Therefor there should be no norm/nm/hell items

But considering there are, the other way to tackle this is to allow norm and nm items to improve to hell power

A unique from a normal base should have a Nm and a hell version which has does more than improve the base but also the properties of the item

what does lore have to do with difficulty settings? this all sound pretty strange to me. guess it’s just a matter of different play styles. don’t you want to find more unique and set upgrades while leveling?

Have you read the suggestion?

It exactly the same drops

Just that the upgrade recipe not only improves the base but also the affixes of the items

Also, lore has everything to do with this since Unique and set items are lore driven items

Doesn’t make sense to have the Famous “rixot keen!” Outshined by a normal elite base sword

Thanks for showing me there’s no point trying to explain it to you

i think i get what you want to do.sounds decent enough. but i would prefer if you couldn’t just trow a rixot keen and el rune in cube and get a engame weapon. the mats should have about the same rarity as finding a good unique upgrade.

Who talked about a El rune?

And who said it jumped from norm to exceptional?

Normal weapon to exceptional is Ral+Sol+p emerald

Then from exceptional to elite it’s pul+lum+ pemerald

Which in both cases is more currency than what most exceptional and elite weapons are worth

Also, it’s not like exceptional and elite uniques don’t already rain

And by the way, being a normal Unique doesn’t mean it not rare

Take a look at Lenimo or hotspurs

You are more likely to find Shako than Hotspurs

Hotspurs best drop chance is norm Andy at 1:2200 while shako is Hell Andy 1:1200

i’m thinking those recipes are in some cases a bit cheap for the extra stats. i’m thinking Rixot keen [elite] / [exceptional] should have rarity similar to unique items with similar power. or lower stats then in the example. ral+sol+ p emerald is all extremely common to find. ral 33% drop from countess and sol 14% drop from countess. pul + lum is not that hard to find but less common.

Cool… now do the maths

Lightsaber is 1:1700 on Mephisto

Rixot is 1:6800 which already proves you wrong

then multiply by the odds of finding a sol 1:7, then the odds of finding ral 1:3, then the odds of finding lum 1:28 then the odd of finding pul 1:107