Community Feedback for Improving Itemization

If there was ever titan of an item worth zodding it would be The Eth Cranium Basher.

I think it makes sense to have it be able to roll Eth. I’ll first test the non eth version.

1 Like

Here are a few more armors up for review to ensure we have proposed appropriate buffs-

Steel Carapace
Shadow Plate
Defense: 1618-1785
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 230
Durability: 70
+190-220% Enhanced Defense
Regenerate Mana 10-15%
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +40-60%
Damage Reduced by 9-14
Repairs 1 Durability in 20 Seconds
8% To Cast Level 6 Iron Maiden When Struck

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add Ethereal
    • Add Attacker Takes Damage of 666

Leviathan
Kraken Shell
Defense: 1514-1722
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 174
+170-200% Enhanced Defense
+100-150 Defense
+40-50 To Strength
Damage Reduced By 15-25%
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +10 To Fire Claws (Druid Only)
    • Add +10% To Fire Skill Damage
    • Add Fire Resist +50%
    • Add 15% Chance To Cast Level 20 Fissure On Striking

Black Hades
Chaos Armor
Defense: 823-1029
Required Level: 53
Required Strength: 140
+140-200% Enhanced Defense
+30-60% Damage To Demons
+200-250 To Attack Rating Against Demons
Half Freeze Duration
Socketed (3)
-2 To Light Radius

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Change Damage To Demons from +30-60% to +90-120%
    • Change Attack Rating Against Demons from +200-250 to +300-350

Duriel’s Shell
Cuirass
Defense: (528-650) - (610-732)
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 65
Durability: 150
+160-200% Enhanced Defense
1-123 Defense
1-99 To Life (Based On Character Level)
Fire Resist +20%
Lightning Resist +20%
Poison Resist +20%
Cold Resist +50%
Cannot be Frozen
+15 To Strength

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +1-3 To Smite
    • Add +2-4 To Holy Freeze
    • Change Strength from +15 to +30
2 Likes

I’m going to make the maul Eth and test it more later. It needs a lot of help.

I think it should be Eth + Indestructible and I have to put an Ohm rune in it (from larzuk quest).

Strength might also need to go up because if Enigma grants you 80 strength, then an Elite Maul definitely should give that or more.

1 Like

When gorefoot and tearhaunch are getting more “faster run/walk” then Wearing full sets need that buff aswell (+20% Faster Run/Walk for example).

Wearing full set has already one major disadvantage: They cannot use Enigma. Sets don’t need another disadvantage.

1 Like

What if Cranium Basher gave you crazy bonus to STR, such as +1.50 Strength Per Character Level (+0-149 To Strength)? Is that broken?

Speaking of Gorefoot and Tearhaunch, below are the proposed buffs for these items. We haven’t discussed sets for some time. If you have suggestions for buffing sets, please share and we can discuss.

Gorefoot
Heavy Boots
Defense: 20-21
Required Level: 9
Required Strength: 18
Durability: 14
+20-30% Enhanced Defense
20% Faster Run/Walk
2% Mana Stolen Per Hit
Attacker Takes Damage of 2
+12 Defense
+2 To Leap (Barbarian Only)

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add 10% Chance of Open Wounds
    • Change +2 To Leap (Barbarian Only) to +2 To Leap

Tearhaunch
Greaves
Defense: 60-63
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 70
Durability: 24
+60-80% Enhanced Defense
20% Faster Run/Walk
All Resistances +10
+35 Defense
+5 To Dexterity
+5 To Strength
+2 To Vigor (Paladin Only)

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Remove +5 To Dexterity
    • Remove +5 To Strength
    • Change FRW from 20% to 40%
    • Change +2 To Vigor (Paladin Only) to +2 To Vigor

I think it needs to be thought about what the purpose of this armor is and what builds it can be suited for. Steel Carapace has three things that stand out about it. First, Chance to Cast Iron Maiden When Struck. This implies a theme of returning damage, you run with this theme by adding Attacker Takes Damage.

The problem with this is that this is just a bad theme. Tactics that depend on reflecting damage necessitate getting hit in the first place, which runs counter to all other things you are trying to do. The only other stat on this armor that supports this is the Faster Hit Recovery. However, this is elite base armor, which means you are going to be in Hell Difficulty, and not getting hit is even more important. Furthermore, the Iron Maiden spell is horrible in the “when struck” category of Chance to Cast. At level 6 it has a duration of only 24 seconds, which at 8% chance to cast means you have to get hit roughly 26 times a minute to have Iron Maiden up half the time. Furthermore, Iron Maiden only returns damage when you are actually dealt damage. It’s a decent skill for a Necromancer with Skeletons and Golems to take the hits, and where he can just cast it on monsters, but not a huge benefit to a melee character after Nightmare. Other characters that might benefit would be a Summon Druid, an Amazon with a focus on Decoy and/or Valkyrie, a Conversion Paladin, and maybe an Assassin with a strong Shadow, but only if they could inflict the curse without being in melee themselves.

The second thing to stand out is the Regenerate Mana, useless to something like a Barbarian who is one of the few characters that could even theoretically tank the hits to benefit from Iron Maiden. It would be more useful for a Sorceress, or maybe a caster Druid. Or perhaps an Amazon who struggles with mana. Hmm… an idea there…

The third item that sticks out is Repairs Durability, which is nice I guess, but not the most useful on a non-Ethereal piece of armor, which is the other thing you lean into. Except this thing is named Steel Carapace, not Ghostly, or Spiritual, or anything else that might give the image of always Ethereal, nor does the image (which is pretty cool) give the impression of Ethereal either, suggesting more physical and magical synergies instead.

The name tends to suggest a bog-standard defensive armor, but that role is already filled much better by other armors, and it’s not Classic Diablo so that role is even more narrow. I would suggest leaning into making this suitable for an Amazon/Druid, and would do that with one major change, make it: 18% Chance to Cast Level 6 Iron Maiden on Striking.

Okay, that suddenly makes this armor much more interesting for an Amazon who uses Decoy or Valkyrie. Not the best for Freezing Arrow or Lighting Fury (the top Amazon builds) or the melee Spearazons, but it would work very well with Strafe, and decently well with Exploding/Immolation Arrow and Plague Javelin Amazons. It would also work well for a Summoner Druid, and possibly a Blade Fury Assassin with a decent Shadow.

Okay, now it’s just little tweaks to make it fit those roles better. It might be worthwhile to increase the Faster Hit Recovery to 27%, that hits one higher breakpoint for both the Druid and Assassin, without effecting the Amazon. Resistances are lacking for Hell Difficulty (as is a problem with almost all of the unique armors). Amazons and Summoner Druids can skimp a little bit on Resistances, but not a huge amount. Maybe give it +40% Fire and Lightning Resistances? Possibly, minus Requirements, because 230 strength is a bit much for an Amazon to invest… but probably not the -30% as that would bring it down to 161 Strength, and it ought require a bit more strength than a typical Amazon build. Okay, so this is what I end up with:

Steel Carapace
Shadow Plate
Required Strength: 184
-20% Requirements
Regenerate Mana 10-15%
+27% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +40-60%
Fire Resist +30%-40%
Lighting Resist +30%-40%
Damage Reduced by 9-14
8%-18% To Cast Level 6 Iron Maiden on Striking

There, a bit of a niche build armor, but interesting and viable for an odd Amazon or Druid build and it builds off what is already there.

I guess I really don’t get where any of this is coming from. Leviathan does not make me think Fire Damage at all. It implies something more like Crushing Blow or shrugging off damage (which is its current theme). Main thing it lacks is Resistances, which also seem to me to be in the Leviathan theme. I’d suggest something like this:

Leviathan
Kraken Shell
+100-150 Defense
+40-50 To Strength
15%-25% Chance of Crushing Blow
All Resist +20%-30%
Damage Reduced By 15-25%
Indestructible

It would be a real choice for combat character that needs high strength for some other piece of equipment.

Don’t really see that helping much. Its theme seems to be around concealment and curses, so maybe something like Cloak of Shadows or Dim Vision. We have a lot of Cloak of Shadows charges already floating around, so I’m leaning toward Dim Vision as an O-skill. That could benefit Amazons or Sorceress who want to be a bit more sneaky. Add a Weaken curse when struck and that would make an interesting piece of armor for a range character who wants to sneak attack enemies. It’s also missing resistances, which is a struggle for elite armor, and seems to fit the name Black Hades well to, so I’m not sure why it doesn’t have that. So I’d suggest:

Black Hades
Chaos Armor
+30-60% Damage To Demons
Half Freeze Duration
All Resistances +30%-60%
Socketed (3)
-2 To Light Radius
+3 to Dim Vision
14% Chance to Cast Level 7 Weaken when Struck

There, that’s pretty useful to a ranged character, the sockets could be used for Rainbow faucets for elemental Amazons or Sorceresses, and a physical Bowazon could use IAS/Damage jewels.

Make it +1-3 Charge instead of Smite. That’s more thematic, and with the Holy Freeze would be great for a Jab/Impale/Fend Amazon.

My pretty comprehensive thread on improving sets. I’ve also included it far up thread here.

Perhaps you can comment in my thread once PTR reopens for 2.6, and we can get some attention on it again.

1 Like

No it won’t be anywhere near broken, that’s a great design choice. All of the Unique Mauls in this game are extremely basic when it comes to modifiers: Enhanced damage, crushing blow, and then a bunch of random modifiers that don’t do the item justice.

0-149 strength is perfect since this is the holy grail of Mauls.

The only other maul that comes close is Blood Tree Stump:

It has +25 strength which shows that +strength is a suitable trope for mauls and should be utilized more to make them stand out from other items like swords and axes.

1 Like

Even after juicing it to the gills (+150 strength, ethereal, +ohm) that’s only just enough to have it be in a healthy spot.

I’d say it’s balanced in this state because Berserk is basically a 1 shot for most monsters. So if you can proc Amplify dmg with Whirlwind then an Elite is going down with Berserk.

I guess the Devs would just need to buff whirlwind and it would be perfect.

1 Like

What do you think about all these changes below for the great thunder maul?..

The Cranium Basher
Thunder Maul
Two-Hand Damage: (119-132) To (560-632)
Required Level: 87
Required Strength: 253
Mace Class – Very Slow Attack Speed
200-240% Enhanced Damage
20 To Minimum Damage
50% Damage to Undead
75% Chance Of Crushing Blow
4% To Cast Level 1 Amplify Damage On Striking
20% Increased Attack Speed
All Resistances +25
25 To Strength
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add 1 Open Socket
    • Add +50 To Vitality
    • Add 20% Bonus To Attack Rating
    • Remove Indestructible
    • Change Min Damage from 20 to 200
    • Change Required Level from 87 to 80
    • Change Amp Damage from 4% to 15%
    • Change Enhanced Damage from 200-240% to 350-400%
    • Change Strength from +25 to +1.50 Strength Per Character Level (+0-149 To Strength)
2 Likes

Yup that’s very good. I didn’t even have the 200 to minimum damage on. An Elite Thunder Maul is supposed to be a force to be reckoned with. The current state of it is a complete disgrace.

Also I can’t believe it only had 4% chance of amplify damage, even on 15% you have to wait until next Xmas to get a proc.

1 Like

To make two hand weapon really usable, i suggest two hand weapon can wield with 1 hand with 50% less damage penalty for the following class

two hand mace - paladin 1 hand
two hand staves - druid 1 hand
two hand spears - amazon 1 hand
two hand crossbows - assassin 1 hand

Hm, the idea ist nice, but I would focus on already existing mechanics. Developing new functions and extensive balancing would be a lot for the devs without a longterm monitarization modell backing up the effort.

To Arkaine´s Valor:

Love the Idea to have more aura options in the game, but put it on an armor would be maybe to much? That would create a lot of multi-aura mercs (what we have today but only in a limited aray), but with Might lvl 12 AV would be the new meta armor for mercs? And we want to increase diversity not create new metas right?

1 Like

Runeword Harmony can be made on flails.

Most people play with hoto anyway. Now you have a choice between DPS (hoto) or movement-speed (harmony on flail).

3 Likes

Below are the updates to the OP based on your feedback…

The Cranium Basher
Thunder Maul
Two-Hand Damage: (119-132) To (560-632)
Required Level: 87
Required Strength: 253
Mace Class – Very Slow Attack Speed
200-240% Enhanced Damage
20 To Minimum Damage
50% Damage to Undead
75% Chance Of Crushing Blow
4% To Cast Level 1 Amplify Damage On Striking
All Resistances +25
25 To Strength
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add 1 Open Socket
    • Add +50 To Vitality
    • Add 20% Bonus To Attack Rating
    • Remove Indestructible
    • Change Min Damage from 20 to 200
    • Change Amp Damage from 4% to 15%
    • Change Enhanced Damage from 200-240% to 350-400%
    • Change Strength from +25 to +1.50 Strength Per Character Level (+0-149 To Strength)

Mang Song’s Lesson
Archon Staff
Two-Hand Damage: 83 to 99
Required Level: 82
Required Strength: 34
Staff Class - Slow Attack Speed
+5 To All Skills
30% Faster Cast Rate
-7-15% To Enemy Lightning Resistance
-7-15% To Enemy Cold Resistance
-7-15% To Enemy Fire Resistance
Regenerate Mana 10%
50% Damage To Undead

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add Increase Max Mana 20%
    • Add -15% To Enemy Physical Resist
    • Add Level 7 Lower Resist (80 charges)
    • Change All Skills from +5 to +5-7
    • Change Faster Cast from 30% to 50%
    • Change Enemy Lightning/Fire Resist from -7-15% to -15%
    • Change -7-15% To Enemy Cold Resist to +15% To Cold Skill Damage

Steel Carapace
Shadow Plate
Required Strength: 230
Regenerate Mana 10-15%
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +40-60%
Damage Reduced by 9-14
8% To Cast Level 6 Iron Maiden When Struck

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add -20% Requirements
    • Add Fire Resist +30-40%
    • Add Lighting Resist +30-40%
    • Add 8-18% Chance To Cast Level 6 Iron Maiden On Striking
    • Change Faster Hit Recovery from 20% to 30%

Leviathan
Kraken Shell
+100-150 Defense
+40-50 To Strength
Damage Reduced By 15-25%
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add 15-25% Chance Of Crushing Blow
    • Add All Resistances +20%-30%

Black Hades
Chaos Armor
+30-60% Damage To Demons
Half Freeze Duration
Socketed (3)
-2 To Light Radius

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +3 To Dim Vision
    • Add All Resistances +30%-60%
    • Add 14% Chance to Cast Level 7 Weaken When Struck

Duriel’s Shell
Cuirass
+160-200% Enhanced Defense
1-123 Defense
1-99 To Life (Based On Character Level)
Fire Resist +20%
Lightning Resist +20%
Poison Resist +20%
Cold Resist +50%
Cannot be Frozen
+15 To Strength

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +1-3 To Charge

Harmony

• Can now be made in Flails
    • This runeword adds more choice between DPS (hoto) or movement speed (harmony on flail)
1 Like

Love this topic a lot :ok_hand:

Some Ideas (other results in the post above a ready to ptr imho! love Black Hades espcially) :+1:

Heart Carver
Rondel
One-Hand Damage: (44-49) To (110-123)
Required Level: 36
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 58
Durability: 20
Dagger Class - Fast Attack Speed
+190-240% Enhanced Damage
Adds 15-35 Damage
+35% Deadly Strike
Ignores Target’s Defense
+4 To Grim Ward (Barbarian Only)
+4 To Find Item (Barbarian Only)
+4 To Find Potion (Barbarian Only)

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +2 To Warcries (Barbarian Only)
    • Change Deadly Strike from +35% to +45%
    • Change from +4 to +6 To Grim Ward / Find Item / Find Potion (Barbarian Only)

Love the idea, but would ad MF to be a swap-option for “little” horkers. Maybe 50-100% MF and would remain the three + Skills at level 4 (not +6)? So an alternative to ali baba with no skills needed in find item.

Duriel’s Shell
Cuirass

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +1-3 To Charge

I think Duriels is already used a lot, at least in mid-game (lvl41!) and on budget-mercs. So little need to buff many things imho. I would love the added strenght (maybe as a roll 15-30?). Holy Freeze aura is perfekt. But to add Charge (albeit playing the theme) is maybe a bit to much. Duriels is a frequent find.

Leviathan
Kraken Shell
+100-150 Defense
+40-50 To Strength
Damage Reduced By 15-25%
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:

Love added CB and @Res, but i guess thats not enough to make it viable for a relatively rare find (only found once). A Leviathan portrayed often as an air or water creature. So maybe we can build something around a “wind” theme? Its an melee armor, so not sure how to make it druid viable for a windy druid. But for other classes it could have 20% chance to proc lvl 18-25 Hurricane on striking. And maybe +1 to Cyclone Armor as an o-skill? And would increase +def to 300-500. Leviathan is a big beast hard to kill.

The Cranium Basher
Fine but we could reduce need lvl req from 87 to 80? Thats a issue for some items. I would love to use most items on a regular playthrough (what I finish normaly between lvl 78-81)… Same with others …e.g. Azurewrath.

Lightsabre
Required Level: 58

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +1 To Telekinesis
    • Add 20% Chance To Cast Level 5 Slow Missiles When Struck

Love that! Playes the theme nicely. But have the feeling its elemental-damage could be buffed a little (just played a throw barb and had it on swap with a lower resist wand for dealing with physical immunes). Would have loved to see those buffs exept (minus resists, thats to much for lvl 58 req). Felt a bit to weak in act 5 while i was waiting to use lvl 85 Azurewrath (what i didn´t do, due to Baal dying at lvl 80. :slight_smile:

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add -5-10% To Enemy Lightning Resist - [to much imho]
    • Change Chain Lightning Cast from 5% to 1to5%
    • Change Lightning Damage from 1-200 to 1-350

Tyrael’s Might
Sacred Armor
Defense: 1322-1502
Required Level: 84

As mentioned above would reduce req level vom 84 down to 75 ish.

Any thoughts?

Wish you all a nice weekend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Additions:

Skin of the Flayed One
NM Armor

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add Ethereal
    • Add +0-49 To Vitality (+0.5 Per Clvl)

Love added life, but already can roll eth. I´ve one of those and love to use them on my early-mid-lvl mercs. Could see some damage reduction as well (how much at lvl 31 - 10-15?).

Silks of the Victor
Ancient Armor
Defense: 468-512
Required Level: 28
Required Strength: 100
Durability: 60
+100-120% Enhanced Defense
+1 To All Skills
5% Mana Stolen Per Hit
+2 To Light Radius

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +50 To Life
    • Add 20% Faster Hit Recovery
    • Add 20% Chance To Cast Level 20 Taunt On Striking

General good, but the taunt wont work on an armor, or? Since its only cool to cast it really witht the barb scream (audio) and it would interrupt any active action? How about replaceing it with a paladin goodie (like templars, I´ve the feeling, that this is more a paladin theme armor)? E.g. vengeance, prayer or cleansing aura as o-skill?

Goldskin
Full Plate Mail
Defense: 356-405
Required Strength: 80
+120-150% Enhanced Defense
+2 To Light Radius
All Resistances +35
Attacker Takes Damage of 10
100% Extra Gold From Monsters

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add Repair 1 Durability in 5 Seconds
    • Gold Pickup Radius Increased By 50%
    • Change Gold Find from 100% to 250%

The theme is obvious. :dollar: :dollar: :dollar:
Not sure if 250% GF is not a bit to much at sub lvl 30 and a modified gold pickup radius is kind a unlikely (but suits the theme in a brilliant way). If we might consider a second suggestion (only using existing mechanics). I would swap goldpick radius with 50 MF and maybe 1 OS to add a “gem” oder “jewel” by the goldsmith? :slight_smile:

The Centurion
Normal Armor

Defense: 51-54 (varies)(Base Defense: 21-24)
Required Level: 14
Required Strength: 20
Durability: 28
+30 Defense
Replenish Life +5
+50 To Attack Rating
+15 To Mana
+15 To Max Stamina
+15 To Life
25% Slow Stamina Drain
Damage Reduced By 2

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +15% Faster Block Rate
    • Add +15% Increased Chance of Blocking

Really love the look and the name of this armor. Suggestions play the them nicely. But is it still be used at lvl 14?
Stats are well assorted in general. Especially I like the 25% slow stamina drain at this stage. Would love to use it, if I find it early or keep it in my stash for another playthrough. But right now, it is easily outclassed. How about this additionals buffs? Or are the two blocking additions already enough?

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Change 30 Defense to 60
    • Add 5% Chance to proc lvl 1 Open Wounds on striking
    • Add 1 OS
2 Likes

To be honest… this feels like a little too much. Though I suspect that is because Whirlwind is so lackluster currently. I guess what I’m feeling is that this is okay for right now, but if Whirlwind (particularly for two handers) gets rebalanced this could suddenly become too much. Or if the Strength bonus gets changed (as proposed), as that would add another 75% ED to this at the top end, on top of the 150% ED already possible with the current bonus.

I definitely agree with increasing the chance to cast amp damage. I also strongly support the 20% AR bonus. +50 Vitality is great. The socket feels unnecessary as if you find a good Cranium Basher you are obviously going to socket it. Removing Indestructible doesn’t bother me.

That leaves the increase in minimum damage (which I like) the increased ED (which is something I’d support if needed to make competitive with Breath of the Dying) and the massive +strength which I like thematically.

I guess bottom line is that while I’d be okay with testing this version in a PTR right now, I would put this on the list of suggestions that needs reconsidering if they make improvements elsewhere (like Whirlwind).

I really like this idea.

From a power level respective the Holy Freeze is the major bonus, as it allows using a Might merc wearing this to get also get the chill of Holy Freeze. Charge on the other hand is only a bonus to a player using it.

I think Leviathan is more viable currently than you think. That plus 50 strength is a huge bonus to a player that wants to use a high strength weapon (like Cranium Basher for example). That frees up 50 points to go into Vitality. Really the major problem is the lack of resistances. Adding resistances to this is huge as most melee players cannot afford to have body armor without resistances.

Why won’t Taunt work on the armor? The reason I suggested Taunt is that it fits the theme of a Victor so well, and it’s actually useful for a melee character to reduce enemy AR and damage. Does the Taunt animation play when you trigger a Chance to Cast item? I don’t think I’m ever seen that on a Chance to Cast warcry, but I don’t think I’ve played with many chance to cast warcies. If we had too we could make it an O-skill instead.

2 Likes

I do like the idea of adding some MF to be an alternative to ali baba while keeping the three +skills at level 4 as shown below…

Heart Carver
Rondel
One-Hand Damage: (44-49) To (110-123)
Required Level: 36
Required Dexterity: 58
Durability: 20
Dagger Class - Fast Attack Speed
+190-240% Enhanced Damage
Adds 15-35 Damage
+35% Deadly Strike
Ignores Target’s Defense
+4 To Grim Ward (Barbarian Only)
+4 To Find Item (Barbarian Only)
+4 To Find Potion (Barbarian Only)

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add 35-55% To Magic Find
    • Add +2 To Warcries (Barbarian Only)
    • Change Deadly Strike from 35% to 45%

In the OP, we have this covered…

The Cranium Basher

Azurewrath

• Change Required Level from 85 to 80

I could see a small boost in lightning damage…

Lightsabre
Phase Blade
One-Hand Damage: (87-103) To (117-135)
Required Level: 58
Required Dexterity: 136
Sword Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
+150-200% Enhanced Damage
Adds 10-30 Damage
Adds 60-120 Magic Damage
Adds 1-200 Lightning Damage
5-7% Mana Stolen Per Hit
5% To Cast Level 14-20 Chain Lightning On Attack
Ignore Target’s Defense
Lightning Absorb 25%
+7 To Light Radius

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +1 To Telekinesis
    • Add 20% Chance To Cast Level 5 Slow Missiles When Struck
    • Change Lightning Damage from 1-200 to 1-300

Instead of adding damage reduction, how about changing life leech to a bonus to demon heal as it fits the theme for demonhide armor. Plus, the flayed one screams open wounds…

Skin of the Flayed One
Demonhide Armor
Defense: 342-397
Required Level: 31
Required Strength: 50
Durability: 58
+150-190% Enhanced Defense
Repairs 1 Durability In 10 Seconds
5-7% Life Stolen Per Hit
Replenish Life +15-25
Attacker Takes Damage of 15

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add 15% Chance Of Open Wounds
    • Change 5-7% Life Stolen Per Hit to 10-15 To Demon Heal

I think adding 1 OS could work well…

Goldskin
Full Plate Mail
Defense: 356-405
Required Strength: 80
+120-150% Enhanced Defense
+2 To Light Radius
All Resistances +35
Attacker Takes Damage of 10
100% Extra Gold From Monsters

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add 1 Open Socket
    • Add Repair 1 Durability in 5 Seconds
    • Gold Pickup Radius Increased By 50%
    • Change Gold Find from 100% to 250%

Skin of the Flayed One

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Change 5-7% Life Stolen Per Hit to 10-15 To Demon Heal

Does Demon heal work on mercs? I think I´ve read that it doesn´t? If so I´d rather keep life stolen.

@ Sackett

I´ve never played a Maul-Barb where you would want such high strg. But even if I would plan to do so, I´m not sure if I would prefer an Um´ed Leviathan with this buffs over the runewords. It won´t catch up to an Enigma (even consider the price) for sure but might be an better alternative to a Stone or Lionhard. Would love to se more elites beeing an BIS-like variant. Tyraels, Arkaines, G-Bane would be with the suggested changes. I feel like Leviathan is then only legit if you purely need the super high strenght. Anyhow, with CB an @ Res it will be useable. But how do u like Hurrican an striking? Then it would be really a niche to fill nicely.

Leviathan
Kraken Shell
+100-150 Defense
+40-50 To Strength
Damage Reduced By 15-25%
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
1 Like

You’re right. According to Diablo Wiki, Demon Heal does not work for hirelings. I honestly did not know that. Hmm, what are your thoughts about adding open wounds?

1 Like