Classic stash size?!

Why the f*** was classic left out of the new increased stash size as well as shared stash? What the f*** blizz. First, another botched game launch on a game that has been playing near flawlessly for the last 2 decades… and now you go and do sht like this? Did anyone on the dev team actually play this game? Who thought it would be a good idea to only increase stash size for expansion players? What the f**

8 Likes

Didn’t the exact same happen when LoD released? Only LoD got the bigger stash, Classic kept the tiny one. I assume it’s because they wanted to keep the original game completely intact. I’m not in touch with the Classic community as much as I used to be (I used to love doing HCCL characters), but I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone say they wouldn’t like to have LoD’s stash though. It would be a welcome change I think.

3 Likes

What are you talking about? Go post in the D2:R forums.

1 Like

The limit in stash doesn’t make sense at all. You still have to mule the old way. It’s just bad. We all know that the space limit was just purely logistic. Hardware didn’t have the same hard disk that you have today. But yeah, you have to mule more than what you would do in LoD. It has influence only under the aspect on what you would rather keep in your stash when the space is running low, but overall, it could have been changed. They should have made at least 1 shared stash slot. I think they should change their decision of keeping the original inventory space. One shared stash would be good enough and would allow to keep the idea of decision making on what items should be kept when you run out of space.
On top of that, Diablo still has the 8 player XP bug that everyone was requesting for years to be fixed.

Also, it is very questionable that classic with 1.10 represent the real classic.
We all know that the real classic would be much more fun if it was based on 1.09 patch. 1.10 patch is good till a certain point. Certain classes have no absolute use in late game Chaos Sanctuary. ‘‘The no change thing’’ feels like an obnoxious cult.

Classic 1.10 changes never really received wide playtesting as opposed to LoD one. The amazon class is the demonstration of how poorly Blizzard North handled their ultimate patch before leaving Blizzard. But yeah, maybe they didn’t have the funding to refine the game further, too.

Another point is whether 1.11 runewords in LoD actually represent the vision of what Blizzard North projected. Items like spirit are pretty much used on most builds. This is not what the real designers of the game wanted. They wanted a game where you can swap gear and based on what you’re doing you gain value by trading some other benefit.
Another aspect to consider is the level of item accessibility that 1.10 introduced in both classic and LoD, for some considered way too poor.

1 Like

Please upgrade stash for classic players!!!

1 Like

From what I remember Blizzard said there was a technical reason they couldn’t make the stash any bigger. A shared stash would be cool, but I don’t know if it would actually be possible to code or implement.

Please Blizzard, give us classic players the shared stash or even a bigger stash. Muling is so a tedious task, and most people are going to run out of space in very little time. I just don’t understand why classic doesn’t get these simple QOL updates, everyone wants them…

1 Like

That’s a crock of crap

Bro 100% they broke the resurrected

1 Like

this is the D2:R forums. It’s the D2:R Classic forums. It’s even in the website address.

It is now… it wasn’t at the time.

That’s really strange considering the page was cached at this address 20 days ago.

I remember that post, too, and you’re right. They said they couldn’t do it without compromising the security of bnet.

Technically, if they had to do it, it would involve work.

Unfortunately, they aren’t willing to do any work at this time.

If the problem is with Bnet does that mean it could in theory be possible to increase the cache for single player games?

no dude, this is the classic version from 2000. it says it in the title. we dont know what you are tlaking about here. we still play the original D2 and worship David Brevick here.

I started playing classic recently to make a crusher… Turns out classic is really really good. It feels great to find rares because they actually can dominate any uniques you could get generally (except for some exceptions). It’s wonderful. More stash space would be nice, but we also don’t have jewels/runes/charms to worry about storing so that helps a LOT.

What do you mean? Please explain.

The original Diablo II game before Lord of Destruction doesn’t

in the game.

Ahh, you mean the introduction of sockets. It’s been so long since I’ve played Diablo 2 and I’ve only played the Battle Chest version with the LoD addon that I forgot they weren’t part of the game originally.