Class Balance Changes w/ Strong Support

I want Rabies to be useable on werebear, too; not just werewolf.

2 Likes

You can’t just make a post about changes that YOU would like and say everyone agrees.

For this reason, even if there are things in your post I like, I have to completely disagree out of principle.

3 Likes

For Hydra, this idea would be better:

Remove Fire Bolt Synergy, increase Fire Ball Synergy from 3% to 6%, Hydra’s now shoot Fire Balls 1 out of 3 shots.

For Thunderstorm, the speed needs to either be incredibly increased or the speed needs to be increased and and effect needs to be added where it casts Nova on striking and a Nova synergy is added. Thunderstorm is an incredibly weak skill, effectively unusable as it stands, which is an incredible shame, because it is the perfect skill to synergize with Hydra on paper, from a utility standpoint.

1 Like

I’d love it to be a thing of the past; however, it has gotten better since after the last major patch. Not perfect and still wish they could just fix the issue but it is better at least

Poison Dagger - grants 1% IAS per level and poison damage inflicted ignores poison resistance and applied over 4 seconds (make daggermancer viable)

If the poison dagger is changed like that, the assassin’s Venom skill must also be upgraded.

2 Likes

Granted, the title of this topic may not be perfect, but I did mention the majority of the community would support this proposed list of class changes… and still think that statement is true.

I agree on your explanation of increasing lightning strikes based on FCR for Thunderstorm and was better than my explanation of simply increasing frequency of lightning strikes. I updated OP with your better wording as shown below…

1 Like

I personally want vines to not be targetable by enemies.

2 Likes

Not a fan of someone else speaking in my behalf.

The forum is only ever YOUR individual opinion.

You can’t just say people agree with you to try and make your Opinion seem more valid.

I disagree with OP, everyone agrees.

2 Likes

The core mechanics of pvp are Fast Hit Recovery (FHR) and Fast Block Frame (FBF), as well as enemy defense and block ignore options.

Paladin
In the case of Smite Paladin’s smite skill, the blocking ignore option is activated only when counterattacking, and when using other skills, the attack rating and defense calculation method must be applied.

Magic Damege skill
Also, most spells require a magic hit probability according to skill level and a magic negation probability according to resistance. You should consider putting variables into the game rather than invincible power with a max hit chance of 75% rather than 100% hit.

Necromancer

• Magic damege is so strong skil…

about Energy stat point

Magic damage skills are very powerful. So there is no attack success rate or magic defense rate itself in pvp situations.

An alternative to this is the energy stat.

The higher the energy stat, the higher the magic hit rate (up to 75%).

Conversely, the higher the energy stat, the more immunity to the enemy’s magic is imposed (up to 75%).

This applies to ranged attack magic skills such as Sorceress, Elemental Druid, and Necromancer.

Likewise, the assassin’s Mind Blast skill also has a method of imposing a stun chance according to the energy stat and immunity according to the enemy’s energy stat.

Also, how about granting the effect to the stun in the direction of granting the attack success rate and immunity according to the energy stat point for the immunity to the stun caused by the physical attack (Paladin’s Smite) according to the energy skill?

It is still a way to utilize the energy stat, which is still called the garbage stat.

It is hoped that various issues will be discussed, opinions will be exchanged, and various experiments will be conducted on the PTR server and reflected in reality.

I completely agree with you, this is my individual opinion. I’m not speaking on your behalf and would never do that. I’m just trying to communicate a summary of class changes that I’ve seen being discussed by many different people over the course of the PTR and see strong support. At the very least, most can agree that the skills in the OP are subpar and could use a buff for Patch 2.5.

1 Like

SOR

Frozen Orb - CD 15 frames, new syn from Chilling Armor and Blizz

Teleport - debuff while Tele frames: 0def, 0block 0@res

PAL

Hammer - Conc FIX, dmg/syn buff to 11k at 47lvl

GAMEPLAY

MOBS - FRW/IAS buff on Hell

Perm Quest drop (no more abuse/bugging)

Tombs Hell - 85lvl areas except Quest area.

2 Likes

Some skills simply need better items to support them. Ice arrow for example converts your physical damage to cold, the only issue is there arent many high damage bows in game.

3 Likes

That is an interesting idea for nerfing teleport, I’m kinda curious what other people think.

Agreed, great job on this. Very well thought out.

Each one logical, not crazy, with rationale.

Super agreeable, and you stayed anyway from the trigger conversations about teleport and blessed hammer.

1 Like

Assassin elemental charge up still the worst… lets not ignore that.

3 Likes

Yes, they are still very underpowered compared to other comparable skills such as charged strike and lightning strike. Assassin charge ups are melee spells like the Javazon skills but they need to go through 3 ar checks before doing any damage while charge strike can release >100k dmg that always hit instantly. They should really make the assassin charge ups always hit as well and remove always hit when charged from finishers. Even with this change it will still do less damage than the Java skills due to the time it takes to build up but will go a long way to make martial arts assassin more usable.

2 Likes

Agreed, looks like Nephalem has a good suggestion to fix that.

I still think Hydra should be de-coupled from Fire Ball too allow for more hybrid builds.

Removing the Fire Bolt synergy accomplishes the same thing as removing the Fire Ball synergy - it frees up 19 skill points. The key difference is that Fire Ball is an infinitely more useful skill than Fire Bolt, even with only 1 hard point into Fire Bolt.