Charms keep disappearing from inventory

Continuing the discussion from Charms keep disappearing from inventory and storage:

charms keep disappearing from inventory - YouTube

I’ve been through this problem continuously.
Dozens of charms disappeared.
Eventually, even my 19/16 SORCERESS TORCH disappeared.

Looking at the forum, some people seem to think that this bug doesn’t exist.
They think I made a mistake.
That’s why I filmed the video using GeForce Experience’s last 5-minute recording function.
It’s a video that hasn’t been edited at all.
If you look at 04:00-05:00 in the video, you can see that two charms, two books, and keys are missing from my inventory.

Blizzard has not improved this problem and has not responded.
They are no longer interested in diablo because they have already made money.

If you try hard to get items, it’s meaningless.
Because they can disappear at any time.

4 Likes

I completely understand your frustration. Sorry to hear about your charms… I linked my story on there as well, but here it is again cause deleted items should not be lost in vain!

I lost everything I had and reached out to blizzard.
Here is what they told me.

Yeah… We are in a bad spot… we are the alpha/beta/ect testers… paying for that privilege. Had I of known the state this game was in… I never would have bought it. With any luck they’ll do something about it… but that is only dependent on someone’s decision who doesn’t really know or care about it. A coin toss… Lets hope they correct this mess.

Stay safe out there traveler.

Have you tried the English version of the game? Maybe it’s some kind of encoding bug.

It’s so uncommon to see the game not in English, even for me (English is not my native)

some people seem to think that this bug doesn’t exist

Maybe because they play in English :sweat_smile:

Well if the bug is language related it’s even far more serious as this literally should never happen

And the reason we don’t believe you is there’s far too much for you to gain by claiming lost inventory when only certain things are disappearing.

I think this is edited, I think this is a scam :+1:

Hi DieViolent,

I’ve seen exactly the same thing happening 4 times in a timeframe of a few hours. See here:

https://ibb.co/3yC45fQ

What he/she shows is not edited. This is real.

1 Like

I am having this same exact issue twice today. :frowning:

Except this is the pure definition of edited :rofl:

I know what you mean but I couldn’t help but point out the flaw.

As far as being faked or not? I don’t take the word of the butcher until I have my head up the cows ***…

I have heard there’s a file size limit issue and if this is legit may be the cause.

Sure. I would suggest you to fill the tab of your personal stash all with amulets possessing 6 affixes and a vendor value of higher than 20’000 gold. Then fill your inventory completely with the most valuable (trading and personal value, not vendor value) small charms and the most valuable torch you can find.

If you are so sure, that I am a liar, then there is no risk for you, right? Nothing will happen to your precious items. So do you dare or not? And please do a video of it. Including your voice.

As far as we know there’re 2 different bugs/problems at the moment which can lead to this behavior:

1. you traded the items and they where created by a server issue or a real dupe (I don’t know if a non-blizzard created dupe method actually exist, but the blizzard server created a lot of dupes since release)
  2. there’s an issue with the file-size only for offline characters. Some items (especially charms) have such large unique ID that the file will be broken because of the filesize. This behavior was created by the shared staff and I don’t know how to solve it.

I saw the video so it seems like a 3. problem: to long datafiles by utf-8 letters. The original D2 doesn’t know about utf-8. And you lost items you found in the current game (or as you can see for the tombes if you changed the number of scrolls in it) so it obviously missed to save the items. This is a pretty bad behavior but it would be important to know if it’s only happen for non-ASCII like languages.

2 Likes

Read: Items disappearing randomly from personal stash and inventory

Hasn’t happened yet so not sure why you think it will now?

If this is what it takes then there’s clearly more to the story than you all are leading on. By the sounds of it, to get this to happen you would have to be muling far more than any NORMAL player will ever even pick up.

Your argument is still not substantiated by Blizzard yet. It’s still players who have far more to gain than lose. When they acknowledge it then I’ll come apologize for saying it’s completely false but that doesn’t include an apology to you for claiming you may be lying. I still don’t take the word of anyone until the evidence prove otherwise and I know you will never be able to prove your side of the story since Blizz doesn’t keep tabs on what’s going on in your game 24/7.

Best of luck to you, maybe you’d have all the loot you lost and more if you weren’t whining here still.

Sadly its not edited dude and I have literally the same issue charms and tomes are dissapearing even now from my inventory which is ridiculous