Chance to sunder

Hi, first post here. Looking forward to next patch and ladder. I feel indifferent toward sunder charms - could be interesting to run for a season but I hope they are removed if they are as abusive and world-ending as so many pessimistic folks are implying here.

However, I do not understand why sunder is a guaranteed effect. Is there any reason why a 25-75 percent chance to sunder roll on the charm could not help the following:

a) balance through means of random drop distribution across the population

and

b) restore some semblance of balance through & be more in line with the current system which relies traditionally & so heavily on wealth and luck?

I would like to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

I have a structured settlement and I need Sunder now
Call At. Vi. Blizzworth!
877-SUNDER-NOW
I have an annuity but I need Sunder now
Call At. Vi. Blizzworth!
877-SUNDER-NOW
877-SUNDER-NOW
They’ve helped thousands, they’ll help you, too
One lump sum of Sunder they will pay to you
If you get long term payments but you need Sunder now
Call At. Vi. Blizzworth
877-SUNDER-NOW
877-SUNDER-NOW
877-SUNDER-NOW
877-SUNDER-NOW
Call At. Vi. Blizzworth
877-SUNDER-NOW
Call now!

5 Likes

of course we can start ajusting this new shuffled meta but why go thru with an idea that actually :
1: was trying to adress balance and immunities but failed
2:buffed OP builds, left some underpowered builds behind
3: was rushed
4: tried to make infinity less meta but actually made it even more required
5: 50% of the population is against

its like trying to work with something that doesnt work, doesnt work.

your idea aint bad per say

1 Like

Clear on why you dislike the charms. Thank you for your contribution.

The Sunder Grand Charms are benefitable to the game because they allow more builds to be viable. Before, many of the top builds were either Light and Infinity based or Hammerdin based. By having Grand Charms that can lower particular resistances then other non-meta builds will be able to farm more locations increases build diversity and allowing to play more builds in hell. I like the new grand charms.

1 Like

The prebuild characters each patch clearly display how little the developers know about game mechanics. Their understanding is superficial at best.

No, they should just not be added. There is no need to change the game mechanics so drasticly, why do the developers think they need to alter the game except some qol? Every game has to be learned, everything nowadyas do not need to have instant gratification.

1 Like

Appreciate your responses. However I think the topic is straying a little.

I’m trying to gauge whether sunder chance is more beneficial to how these charms currently work vs guaranteed sunder.

I also think a diversified pool of sunder charms with varying chances to sunder would draw the item chase away from runewords like Infinity to combat monster resistance. Would this bring down its value as players shift their focus to trading up to max chance to sunder charms (in this case, 75%)?

1 Like

Do sunder charms effect a player’s pets as well?

Because only a chance to make an enemy take damage just means bloating the game with unnecessary and obnoxious downtime, spamming enemies for the fireball that does damage instead of being immune. An unfathomably bad idea that would turn these charms into vendor trash.

JG Blizzworth

Its my Sunder and I want it now!