Can't Connect to Battle.net

It says I can’t connect to battle.net once I get in the game

service down again :frowning:

Here is a link to an explanation as to why.

Diablo II: Resurrected Outages: An explanation, how we’ve been working on it, and how we’re moving forward - General Discussion - Diablo 2 Resurrected Forums (blizzard.com)

they say to many players on server at a time during peak play :confused: seemed like more played back when and this was such a bad issue. i really hope theyu get this figured out soon.

The biggest issue is sticking to legacy code. A key quote from that post…

In staying true to the original game, we kept a lot of legacy code. However, one legacy service in particular is struggling to keep up with modern player behavior.

This service, with some upgrades from the original, handles critical pieces of game functionality, namely game creation/joining, updating/reading/filtering game lists, verifying game server health, and reading characters from the database to ensure your character can participate in whatever it is you’re filtering for

Importantly, this service is a singleton, which means we can only run one instance of it

But the community wanted the original broken game and its 20 year old code as a “remaster” instead doing the smart thing and creating a “remake” that utilizes and runs on modern hardware and code.

1 Like

Thankx for an explanation.
Im and Aussie and I have to use the US servers which would explain that I consistently cannot access my initial battle.net
I was able to create and play a battle.net character, however it only worked the first time then had the errors. Single play is fine.
I tried to shut the firewall to see if it was the error, but no luck.
The firewall has D2r and Batlenet in the exceptions.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.