Can we get an "official" Blue comment on the Cold Mastery change?

By allowing the cold mastery to pierce their immunities, it allows cold sorc to do some wimpy damage to the cold immunes. It’s either that, or just skip the CI monsters entirely, which the Sorc can easily do.

I sort of like the idea of being able to do wimpy damage to cold immunes. In the original game I had to resort to telekinesis to get uniques with CI against a wall and then let SirPokesAlot perforate them. I’d just teleskip areas with a bunch of CI monsters.

Even if they did leave it the way it is now, killing CI monsters is still going to be inefficient.

1 Like

I maxed cold mastery and was pleasantly surprised it was doing this

1 Like

Oh please you’re the one acting like an idiot at this time. It’s pretty clear what I was referring about. Instead you cherry pick your words to try make me look like dumb. Shame on you my guy, shame on you.

I would agree with OP in that I would very much like a confirmation of whether this change was intended or not.

As I said before, I am neutral on the change, but if it was deliberate then this is clearly a balance change which is something VV said they were not going to do at launch.

And if it is a balance change? Didn’t they already nuke “Eth” bugged armors? This game is gonna change, depend on it.

2 Likes

Oh, I for sure am. Don’t worry about that.

I was the guy saying months ago that it doesn’t matter what any of the players want, it matters what Activision wants.

Try again with Lower Resist Dagger which can be bought in Act 2.

If lower resist wands with charges combine additively with cold mastery, the “chip damage” you are saying changes very quickly (31/37% more depending on charge level). A few ORT runes, focusing only on boss packs (which is what all of us do), and a maxed cold mastery would mean Blizzard Sorc can farm almost every area in Hell with about +6 to skills (mid-game gear) giving them an even larger early-ladder advantage than they currently have (which I believe most agree they are #1 or #2 behind Hammerdin).

I knew I wasn’t crazy but yall told me I was losing it. :crazy_face:

Now I’m crazy and confused.

Normally I’m not one to advocate for posts but this is pretty substantial for player impact.

This should be fixed asap. Sorcs are op already, they don’t need such an absurd buff.

1 Like

Just let it stay in SP though :stuck_out_tongue:

Reason it still states cold immune as its ONLY affecting the cold spell, if it lost the monster tag “cold immune” would imply that ALL cold damage from OTHER PLAYERs would break. The CM only means for the cold spells from the casting Sorc THUS not lose the “cold Immune tag”.

If im not mistaken there is a Lightning breaker as well that does exactly the same thing where it DOESN’t Remove “lightning immune” but still damages. Its just not as common as with the CM “current” thing.

But im 99% sure this is intended bug fix that was finally put into place. I’d need to be corrected as well but I remember an OLD post about it being a bug that needed to be fixed years ago.

4 Likes

Definitely needs to be reverted. It not breaking immune was clearly intended because it was once changed and then deliberately changed back. That aside, MF builds were in a really good spot with valid reason to make multiple different types/elements of Sorc depending on where you wanted to farm and how efficiently. I would prefer there to be reason to play more than just cold.

Can we get an official blue comment about literally anything relating to D2R?

NOPE LMAO

5 Likes

What’s with all this talk about “Blues”? Don’t you guys see the blue buttons underneath your posts to like, comment, and subscribe? /s

they first have to mail a guy who has to mail a guy who has to phone his brother to ask permission from his father which is the ceo of blizzard, which needs the ok from the president of USA before they are allowed to post here.

gotto love big companies

1 Like

I dont remember ANY patch note or bug fix where it was changed multiple times. Like i stated, I beleive there’s an item with that works exactly the same (just with lightning enchanted) where it can damage enemies that are lightning immune (nor does it remove “lightning immune” as a tag).

If it wasn’t intended to break immunities, then they “should” put it on the actual spell info that it cannot break immunities. As its worded, its pretty much the same as both lower resist and the aura. The difference is both the aura and lower resist affect the monster where EVERYONE benefits, the CM only benefits the casting Sorc thus why it doesn’t remove the “cold immune” tag.

Otherwise if it did remove the tag THAT would confuse people why they can’t damage mobs (cause they are still cold immune) and the CM only affect’s the casting Sorc’s Cold spells.
And the element tags on monsters are server side, not client side so they can’t show the sorc “NOT cold immune” while everyoen else “cold immune”

1 Like

100% agreed.
If this is now fixed, then to hell with light / fire or dual soso. I will just push the cold sorc to her limits and have a character that is unbeatable :smiley:

If they fix this thing, hell what about the poor melee classes?

Like fend of Amazone or other stuff. This is hilarious. Cold Sorc was already one of THE best builds in the game. This pushes it to hammerdin with Eni levels.

4 Likes

Dont bother. Yes you can deal damage to cold immune enemies now but whats the point since it takes like 10 minutes to kill them (even white trash mobs)? With better gear you can go down propably to like 1-2 minutes but thats still unacceptable.