Can The summoner Druid do Hell?

Because i’ve always wanted to play a summoner druid but i want to beat the game with it. Also this is strictly summoner not werebear/wolf summoner.

My guide is answer to your question :slight_smile:

I have a Druid summoner & is level 4x.
It is working well on normal & nightmare respective your level against the minions.
When it comes to the bosses, I had problems with Diablo on normal as level 2x. My Wolfs were depended of my mercs healing aura, but didnt go well when my merc confronted Diablo. When my merc died, my wolfs failed. I spend a lot of mana on summoning my wolfs over and over.
I got help with Baal on normal, so I cant speak much about that situation.
I still havent confronted Diablo on nightmare & he is my next boss.

However, the counsils on act 3 travical & on Durance level 3 can be annoying with their hydras.
Andariel/Duriel/Mephisto wasnt the biggest issue. Make sure they are the last one on that level, before going to attack.

I believe that Druid summoner can work on hell, but I also beleave hell is waiting for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

You should start to max ravens first, they are main dmg dealers in your army :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exactly this. Ravens are absurd when leveling. I never liked these summons earlier, though now i find it funny to sit back and watch those little rascals peck away

2 Likes

No, I really dont like that skill. I only work on the bear and the wolfs, those 3 skills are primary…afterwards…I have no idea.

Well not liking the skill means your damage as summoner will suck alot :slight_smile:

1 Like

To start
5 points in Raven
then
5 points in spirit Wolf
then
1 point in Oak
then
10 in Heart of Wolverine
then
Max Dire Wolves
then
Max Bear
then
Max Ravens and Wolverine.

Gear to start
RW Nadir Druid helm (use on bosses to lower their defence)
RW Steel Morning Star
RW Stealth Chain Mail or Splint Mail for druid and merc
RW Ancient’s Pledge Kite Shield
RW Malice for merc
Farm Countess on /p1 for all the runes.
you’ll need
4 x Ral
3 x Tal
3 x Eth
2 x Tir
2 x El
1 x Ith
1 x Nef

Use an Act 2 Offensive merc then switch to Act 2 Offensive merc in NM.

By the time you get to Normal Diablo you should easily have all resistances maxed - keep resist charms to top off resistances.

You need CB from either a weapon, Blood gloves or Goblintoes. If you find a weapon with 5% cast amp damage you’re set.

On switch use a wand or dagger with Life Tap charges.

This build will get you through NM.

To get through hell switch out armour for either Smoke, Lionheart or Treachery (merc). Switch out helm for a Lore helm and shield for a Rhyme. Of course this all depends on what kind of Uniques and sets you find along the way.

8 wolves, 5 ravens, a bear and a merc is a great shield and a lot of damage, but your druid is going to have to get up close and personal to deal with the end of act bosses and this is where the CB, Amp Damage and Life Tap come in.

You should consider a point each in Werewolf, Lycanthropy and Feral Rage for bosses.

2 Likes

I hate holy bolt but i have to use it on my Fohdin from time to time☺️ (on console it auto aims to heal your merc instead of hitting monsters)

And on my java i dislike charged strike but i can’t really lightning fury a boss to death since that will take ages.

Same as a necromancer no matter how you build it you will have to learn to love corpse explosion. (Tbh that is a skill that needs to stop appearing in diablo because it cripples the necromancer. The only thing you choose is what build you use to score the first kill to then spam corpse explode)

1 Like

Why you don’t like the ravens ? Not only are they pretty strong, but they also can’t be targeted making them really great agaisnt boss as a summoner. Just cast raven and dance around the boss GG wp.

1 Like

Well you got a point.
However Raven skill isnt linked as the Bear and wolfs skills are. So I choose to concentrate on the Bear and the Wolfs.

What do you mean? Every point in wolves and bear increase damage of ravens. Its linked in synergies.

I mean the bear and the wolfs doesnt receive bonus from raven skill.

For me, the big question here, is how does teh physical damage sunder charm work with minions? If you have the Bone Break charm, does that sunder physical immunity for your minions?

I haven’t played a Summon Druid in Hell, but I would assume that a wand of Amplify Damage is a requirement…

It is super good in team. You don’t do much damage but you let the sorcs just dps with no trouble.

Also there’s no such item as a wand with amp damage charges on it.

For Amp, a Lacerator can work pretty well, and there’s always the good ol’ Reaper’s Toll or Lawbringer on you or merc for Decrepify.

One thing to note with Ravens is that, yeah they’re quite good now, but they don’t benefit from auras like most minions, only curses. They’re treated more like a skill effect similar to traps or Hydras.

Of course you can, summoner dru is stupid easy. You do need a lot of +skills to clear at a reasonable rate though. I always get a point in bear and lycan for more life only though.