[Main Thread] - Can not create or join games - "character is already in a game"

Throw me in the mix.

Main character says they are already in game, tried different servers. Tried to create another character but just goes to a frozen black screen that needs task manager to close. Online only, single player works fine.

I restarted and also reinstalled the game to no avail.

Character name Passetto. Although every character on both HC and SC cannot be played. Stuck on game server. This has been ongoing for 20 HOURS. Please help!

Same for me I cant Play on any Character been about 3 hours

When will they have this fixed? i cannot join or create games on my character

1 Like

I would like to know why there are people who do not have this problem while many others do. I understand that if there is a problem it should be for everyone.

1 Like

Still have the same issue. “Failed to enter game. This character is already in a game on the server. Please Try Again.” If I make a new character, it is unable to join any games either. This has been going on for several hours now.

3 Likes

Hey again all, wanted to make sure you’ve seen this update from Community Manager Hooley. This is the latest information we have on this issue. They’re working on unlocking/unsticking characters now, but please be advised it may take a few hours to get through the backlog of characters who are locked.

5 Likes

If we were streamers they would fix it in real time :slight_smile: but as regular paying customers we have to wait until this tiny indie company figures their poop out.

5 Likes

Still have the same issue. “Failed to enter game. This character is already in a game on the server. Please Try Again.” If I make a new character, it is unable to join any games either. This has been going on for several hours now.

1 Like

Was just about to say I am also stuck trying to join the game, been locked out for ages :confused:

1 Like

while you investigate you could kick our “stuck” characters

1 Like

My character has been stuck “already in a game” since the last server outage.

1 Like

Have not been able to log in my sorc since last night. Going on 18+ hours now. Eighteen hours. If I try to play a softcore game with any new character I get a black screen upon trying to load up act 1 and have to force shutdown. Hardcore characters are the only thing I can play.

Not sure if this matters but I’ll add account info

Account: Nash#1742
Character: Nash
PC - Windows 10
North America

Coming up on hour 3 for character being stuck in game.

Character in the game and I cant join the game

Same here. I cannot join any game since 5 hours ago…

Can’t join due to the same issue. Just realm down so the characters can get released. Please for the love of god.

1 Like

It’s all my non-hardcore characters. Even new level 1 non-hardcore throws an error if I try to create or join a lobby.
I can still play if I use a hardcore character. :upside_down_face:

What in the heck is happening? None of my characters can join or DO ANYTHING

char logged in error for me also :frowning: for about 4 hours now :(.
changing realm does not help
rrg311#1278 is my battletag