[Main Thread] - Can not create or join games - "character is already in a game"

The error says that my character is already in a game on the server. I promise, it is not. Please fix. Thanks.

181 Likes

im having the same inssue, i was playing fine, then i left my game because i wanted to play with a friend and now i cant create or join any game it says my character is already in a game and dont let me do anything. i tryed ti delete it and it also dont work. try to create a new one and try playing i just get a blackscreen when i join any game

23 Likes

Yeah I was kicked from a game due to server issue and now getting the same error

10 Likes

same server kickd me out game .charc already is in world . and cant create new ones.cuz

4 Likes

Yup, same issue. For about 40 minutes now. It won’t even let me play a different character either, just get a black screen if I try and enter a game

10 Likes

Probably contributing to the problem. None of the games are ending when you log off. So there are tons of games with 1 person in them just standing around? Terrible launch by blizzard.

4 Likes

That’s cool. HOpefully blizz gets every dollar they have taken and a giant bill to pay that puts ever executive in debt for the rest of their life after the lawsuit!

2 Likes

Same issue, character has been stuck in game for an hour.

1 Like

whats the deal Blizz, FIX THIS

2 Likes

also have my character stuck in game for nearly an hour

1 Like

same
been about an hour :frowning:

1 Like

same please fix this error !!

1 Like

Why am I not surpised that they AGAIN managed to destroy my hype, to make me free up my time just to be able to whine on forums.
I loved Blizzard for so many years, now all I am waiting for is the company to be kicked out of Activision. Then maybe rot.
But definitely no hate towards vicarious visions, they only mistake is that they let themselves be purchased by this failing company.

Sooooo angry right now.

6 Likes

…push. same issue and it really makes me wanna give the game back. I know I know tomorrow it will work and blah but honestly I’m no longer in any mood to support this company any longer…

1 Like

almost 2 hours later same issue.

Attempted new character, failed to create game. Also, can not join games. Game is f’ed

1 Like

Same for me. Character is stuck in the game. Please fix this. I am sitting for 5 hours and played 50 minutes

3 Likes

I have the same problem… Very frustration when my friend next to me can play without Problems… 1 hour down now

2 Likes

Your response makes you seem like you were surprised. It’s frustrating but should have been expected. This also isn’t a new thing and has happened with many releases by Blizz and also many other companies. You should never expect an online multiplayer game to work properly on launch.

1 Like

Same issue here, tried crating another character but now i only get a black screen!

5 Likes

Same here, any advice from Blizzard ?

1 Like