Build ideas wanted

I currently play a Necromancer and I’m looking for ideas of where to take my character from here. For skills, I have Summon Skelly and Skelly Mastery maxed as well as clay golem, and a point in summon resist and golem mastery. I have maxed corpse explosion and I have maxed amplify and just a point in decrepify.

For bosses, I have the max slowness from the clay golem paired with decrepify and that works great. My necro is holding a beast and my might merc is holding infinity. For most mobs, it’s amplify the whole screen, something dies, then corpse explosion once I see the conviction aura under them enhancing both the physical and fire component of corpse explosion.

I don’t use skeleton mages because there are many dungeons with doors and just like many bowzons, and you know who you are, they just get to the door frame and shoot, blocking all the skeleton warriors from getting inside and doing their job. I’m open to the idea of using revives, but they’ve never seemed needed or desirable. I already have a decrepified boss slowed down with clay golem getting beat up by tele stomped merc and skeletons.

I usually like to find a shrine and switch to AoKL and summon 13 skeletons at that higher level and switch to beast(cause I can only have 13 with beast rather than 15), then I go on my way and I rarely lose a skeleton except on act 4 or 5 in hell. I see a lot of necromancers leveling up and not redoing their skeletons. I usually switch back really fast if a skeleton goes down to replace it.

In summary, corpse explosion gets boosted by amplify and conviction. The skeletons are summoned at the highest level I’m able to, then subject to beast’s fanaticism aura and the merc’s might auras. I use clay golem and decrepify for bosses and an Enigma for positioning.

I’ve thought about using a Bramble in the mix for another aura, but the thorns aura just doesn’t seem to do much in later game and I feel it’d be a waste of time.

Thoughts?

You seem high enough of level and gear that you can pretty much do what you want. I’ll give you my thoughts though. Your play tactics are what we do, so no issues there.

Mages (hey I’m giving my idea’s.) I find the ‘mages get stuck in doorways’ to be a poor excuse, so do skellies, they block your merc. This issue should be solved by gameplay either way, mages or warriors. Telly into the room, cast a golem into the room to draw agro while everything else goes in…

Why mages: they are the best extra damage you can get for the 20 pt investment, and all you need is those 20 pts.

Revives - 1 pt. That’s all you need. Revives are the way you can do the Ubers, see Skulm’s video’s there’s one in a topic below. Uders and other monsters have Crushing Blow, revive a bunch of these and you will knock out the Ubers no problem. Aside form Ubers, Revives just give you a chance to ‘fill in’ the ranks. I like ranged revives best as my front lines are generally full of skellies etc.

Iron Golem/Master over Clay Golem. You state you have high enough gear that you shouldn’t need to completely slow down bosses, you can just decrep. With the better Iron Golem you can make an Insight IG or more expensive one if you have the ‘resources’. Maxing CG is just because people don’t know what to do with those pts and there are better options.

2 Likes

One thing I thought of is wisp projector. It gives me another aura, and it protects well against gloams, black souls, etc.

Give a try (1 point) a Dim Vision, it will help to fight not only against gloams, but other nasty archers as well.