Budget bowazon, which route?

I’m doing a bowazon and, much to my surprise, I enjoy her more than I expected.
Right now I’m leveling her with magic arrow and exploding arrow and like it.
I wonder if I should:

1. Keep the same combo (fire + magic arrow)
  2. Strafe and valkyrie (my initial intention)
  3. Freezing + magic arrow or valkyrie
    I don’t expect to play much hell mode and I’m on a very low budget.
    Or maybe I should do 3 of them and keep the one I like the most :smiley:

What do you think?

Also, for the armor (low level of course, I’m thinking of Peace but is Stealth a better choice?

thanks

Exploding arrow adds flat explosion damage to your arrow, its damage is increased by higher skill point investments into the skill but also from its synergy (fire arrow) and fire damage sources such as charms. Making this skill stronger over time is going to be easier than skills that rely on high amounts of damage from the bow such as magic arrow.

Magic arrow does damage based on converting your physical damage from your bow, so over time you will see this lag in performance compared to exploding arrow. Increasing physical damage can be done, but if you’re also trying to increase your exploding arrow damage as well, you are likely spreading yourself too thin.

You can use magic arrow early on if you like (though you don’t need to) but as you get deeper into nightmare and hell, it would be better to spec into freezing arrow + exploding arrow, both skills benefit from +skill gear and a melody runeword will be very useful for that.

For the armour, peace will buff your damage up and give you a strong valkyrie that you can spawn from time to time. Stealth is ok until you really need that extra damage.

1 Like

Good reply. I never taugh of dual element.
My point with magic arrow was to be used agains’t fire (or cold) immunes. But, like you said, it will most probably not keep up well except if I have a powerfull bow.

Yeah that’s right. You could get a level 26 magic arrow for a small damage bump and convert 50% of your physical damage to magic… but if you’re only doing 600 damage physical damage versus 1,800 freezing arrow or exploding arrow damage, then it’s going to feel like a struggle.

Pretty uncommon to see anything that’s both cold and fire immune, chances are you can just run past them and continue progressing anyway.

1 Like

I ran Atma’s and Witchwild String (upped) for a while, worked pretty well.

Contrary to what you read everywhere, a Strafe bowa doesn’t need top gear. It performs pretty well on a budget. I could run Hell cows with that, and Cleglaw’s gloves for added safety.

2 Likes

+1 this is the budget strafezon build. I even run p1 chaos with this until i got a wf to drop.

1 Like

to me, a budget bowazon is a harmony bowazon. She can get to mid-hell easily and she can MF for WF and atmas, which are the most important pieces afaict

Harmony is a fantastic budget option👌

1 Like

My budget bowazon use fire + Freezing with Melody on a +3 ceremonial bow pass thru hell untill ancient.

1 Like