Budget Bowazon Build

Self Found gear only, character just for fun.

Weapons: Harmony
Weapons: Upped Riphook w/Nef rune
Armor: Toothrow w/Ort rune
Helm: Valkyrie Wing w/Um rune
Gloves: Soul Drainer
Boots: Gore Rider
Belt: Razortail
Rings: 2xRaven Frost
Amulet: Atma’s Scarab

Skills
20 Magic Arrow
20 Cold Arrow
20 Freezing Arrow
20 Penetrate
Enough to get to 9 Pierce
1 into DAE
1 into prerequisites
Extra points into anything you want

Merc: Act 2 Might
Bonehew with Shael+Amn
Skin of the Flayed One
Stealskull

Very simple build, yet very effective as well. Magic Arrow + Freezing Arrow combo means basically nothing can stop you, especially with ability to Amp damage as well. Weaken will proc more, but this is fine as Amp isn’t really needed, and helps survivability especially for Merc.

Just Freezing Arrow anything not cold immune, Magic Arrow anything anywhere anytime because it’s ~50% phys–>magic damage, and voila.

Is this even close to GG? Nope. But I already have GG bowazons and wanted to try something different.

4 Likes

It’s usable, but poorly constructed. I would respec the character and optomize it a little better. Take the 20 points out of magic arrow and drop 20 into immolation arrow. I mean your base build is an ice bowazon with magic arrow to deal with the cold immunes. There are almost no non unique monsters who are both fire and cold immune so that would give you good coverage. Secondly, if you need more than one hard point in penetrate with 2 raven frost rings, then you are doing something wrong.

Another reason to go the immolation route is that you won’t need the might aura on your merc to deal with cold immunes. Instead grab a blessed aim merc to up your attack rating that would free up roughly 19 skill points for something else. Either 20 in fire arrow to boost immolatoins damage or a level 15 to 16 valkery.

Next we need to upgrade your mer’s equipment slightly. Swap out the bonehue for an insight pole arm in an elite base. You can farm one in the pit on hell difficulty in about an hour. Likewise 4 to 5 countess runs on nm or hell should provide the runes you need. It will do better damage and give you good mana recovery. Last find a lem rune and build him a treachy armor, it will boost his leathality and survivability.

Then you have fire damage for the cold immunes, pleanty of mana to power both sides. If something is both cold and fire immune you can summon a valkery and let the mercenary and her take care of it with physical. If it’s immune to physical, fire and cold them move on and kill something else.

I wouldn’t say it’s poorly constructed. Did you even read the title? It’s just a budget bowazon. It’s like my 5th bowazon in D2R, I’ve already done the “hot and cold” variant. I also disagree that “more attack rating is doing something wrong”. Unless you’re at 95%, more AR will always be helping. Also idk why you talk about level 15 to 16 valk when level 17 is the main “magic #” to reach for it at minimum.

I appreciate your input, but I think if you have your own bowazon build you wish to share, then create your own post about it as it’s completely different from the one I’ve presented and really has no relevance to the conversation in this thread.

1 Like