Blizzard, WTF are you new?

Why haven’t you fixed your server issues yet? It’s been out long enough you should have had a handle on this by now. You are the new EA games, they couldn’t get their server issues handled, and neither can you. Are you new to this whole scene? I am staring at a screen that says “position in queue 156”. It literally didn’t move for 10 minutes, closed and reopened the game and then it went to “114”. Closed and reopened and then “156” and then again at “114”.

Have you even tried to just turn them off and back on? Seriously. Let me play the game I purchased. You’re comedic factor is rising and your seriousness levels have diminished to nothing.

2 Likes

Same here, I am starting to regret my decision to pay for this game. Can I get a refund?

I bought the game on my switch, no refund available and I haven’t been able to play at all yet, offline doesn’t work, authentication has failed, online gets me stuck in an infinite queue that just doesn’t move. I’m so stupid for failing for another one of bliz scams.

Position in Queue, 24 october 11h30…
441… Dont move… Why…

Yeah, they’re pretty lazy these days alright. But they are called ActiBlizz for a good reason. :wink:

Well, at least they managed to raise hell.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.