Blizzard, please consider my request - The Countess (Hell)

Please consider adding this game experience augment into a future patch > Make The Countess (Hell) drop chipped gems, or perhaps the chests on Tower Cellar Level 5 could drop them.

Think about that one change, it would finally enable players the ability to progress toward high runes rather then it only being RNG, because instead of having 20 Thul runes waiting for their chipped topaz in your inventory then inevitably just giving up and throwing them away because the chipped gems to low runes ratio is irritating. With this one change players would actually have a pleasant way to progress toward high runes. Please consider this request.

Do some Tristram runs or stuff like that. Problem solved.

Charge around with a holy shock paladin in Act 1 normal, youā€™ll drop a bunch of chipped gems.

Iā€™m considering making a dedicated holy shock paladin just for specific normal/nightmare/early hell farming purposes. :slight_smile: (Donā€™t forget to make a Crescent Moon phase blade!)

Start rushing normal for chippies. I just orb an area andā€¦chippies.

Also, just make a new char, all your chippy issues are solved. I re-built my Trapper and filled a page of inventory with chippies.

1 Like

You people are missing the point Iā€™m trying to make. My request is about efficiency and drop synergy that would make running The Countess immensely satisfying. Of course thereā€™s other spots to get chipped gems obviously! and Iā€™m not trying to ā€˜Solve a problemā€™ here. Again itā€™s about efficiency and drop synergy. The change would certainly make my countess runs a lot more fun.

Yes I could go to Tristram, yes I could run through normal for chipped gems and yes I could make a new character to load up on chippies. Iā€™d rather NOT have to do that extra ā€˜side questā€™ and instead stick to my main character on hell farming keys/HRā€™s from The Countess while also having the added little bonus of collecting some chip gems to upgrade low runes as a nice drop synergy for the time I put in there.

1 Like

Your point is dumb and asinine. Chips are already brain dead easy to farm.

4 Likes

You are wanting an already easy source of runes to be even easier by dropping the exact item used to upgrade them. All in all if runes are to be as powerful as they are we shouldnā€™t have a rune pinata. Since the Countess drops a key you already have one minor boss that is a go to farm for keys and as a side effect drops runes every time you smack her.

She is already too good a farm.

Why attempt to ruin the community with bully chat, Iā€™ve made a valid point which you fail to grasp and you choose to belittle me. Work on your attitude please. Also dumb and asinine is redundant so only one of them is needed, just a quick English tip for you.

2 Likes

Yeah, except it is NOT a valid point. Good talk.

2 Likes

Before they introduce new chipped gem drops on countess, they should consider removing the gem in the formula

5 Likes

Iā€™ve made multiple valid points, so itā€™s a pity that youā€™re incapable of understanding them. Good talk.

1 Like

Chipped gems are already easy to find though. Upping low runes to get a high rune really isnā€™t worth it anyway.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a valid consideration, though personally I like the idea of needing more materials the higher up the runes go. What do you think about perhaps adding a horadric cube recipe that downgrades gems. For example, 1 flawed into 2 chipped (Pay a tax of 1 for the downgrade)?

1 Like

I second just remove the gem requirement.

You already need 6,718,464 Shael to get a Jah, the gems are not causing anyone to not get the runes they want.

1 Like

Gem requirements for rune upgrades is not only a hassle, itā€™s annoying to farm for them and/or a waste of the now precious limited amount of storage space keeping them.

We already have to store the runes themselves for upgradingā€¦ Storing the gems to upgrade the runes only compounds the limited space issue.

IMO itā€™s time to Axe the gem requirement for upgrading runes.

2 Likes

Youā€™ve missed my point, please read my follow up comment to understand that itā€™s about efficiency and drop synergy. Youā€™re right ā€œUpping low runesā€ isnā€™t currently worth it because itā€™s so very inefficient to do so. My request SOLVES that inefficiency, if you would please read and absorb what I wrote you would understand how it improves game experience by enabling a way to PROGRESS toward high runes.

You have to ā€˜farmā€™ chipped gems elsewhere and on normal difficulty and likely on another character. Meaning you donā€™t get to stay on your main character to do key runs on hell with the chance to get end game loot drops. You have to put that on hold to go stock up on chipped gems to be able to upgrade low runes (Which we all know is a chore that makes upgrading low runes ā€œNot worth itā€ as you say). After that ā€˜side questā€™ you can then continue running The Countess for a while until you run out of chipped gems again, then itā€™s back to the side quest of chipped gem farming.

My request removes the chore of going elsewhere and on normal to farm chipped gems and would most likely make upgrading low runes now ā€œBe worth itā€ by providing drop synergy at The Countess on Hell. Have I explained myself clearly?

So you want to nerf other tower drops to make room for chippy drops instead of just farming them in normal? Iā€™m going to vote no.

1 Like

Upgrading low runes is not worth it due to the number required, not because of the chipped gems.

This is from an old forum and I have not done the math myself.

"i did the math for real and itā€™s worse than i guessed. hereā€™s the exact number for each type of rune it would take to cube to a jah

1 jah
2 ber
4 sur
8 lo
16 ohm
32 vex
64 gul
128 ist
256 mal
512 um
1024 pul
3072 lem
9216 fal
27648 ko
82944 lum
248832 Io
746496 hel
2239488 dol
6718464 shael"

good luck.

Iā€™m not suggesting they nerf other tower drops. Iā€™m requesting an addition to current drops because it would improve game experience. Farming normal for chippies is a chore when youā€™re deep in the end game on multiple characters.

So the solution of ā€œJust farm normal for chipped gemsā€ isnā€™t a viable option and itā€™s literally the reason why upgrading low runes is NOT worth doing. Itā€™s an inefficient chore thatā€™s not worth the time investment.

Iā€™d rather just farm Hell to RNG actual high runes and not bother upgrading low runes at all. My request fixes this if people would just take the time to actually absorb what Iā€™m saying here you would understand.

The idea that they could successfully just ā€œaddā€ drops without messing other stuff up (either by accident or because its just easier) is naive. All to avoid a bit of farming.

Others in this thread already put out a better solution - removing the gem part if the recipe. I donā€™t really want to see that either but itā€™s way less likely to have unintended consequences. (Iā€™d prefer more shared tabs to make it easier to save gems as you level.)

1 Like